KO of MT Hellfire and Wrestle

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Mar 16, 2016.

1. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

I am so ok with 3rd party k.o's. I wasnt even sure which company I wanted to get these characters from but with a cheap knockoff the choice is an easy one. I am also looking foreward to the oversized dysotopia and who knows we might even get a k.o pandinus.

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    First, I'm wondering what you meant when you said "I didn't get a lot of positive feedback out of the forum for Quakeblast?" I ask because there is a TON of positive feedback on Quakeblast in the thread about the figure.

Second, after you said you didn't get a lot of positive feedback on Quakeblast, you then said that it can't be as great as everyone is saying it is. That doesn't make sense to me I guess.

So I'd ask, do you OWN Quakeblast, or have you handled one? It seems not, and making a statement like "The second thing and goes with Quakeblast, Feral Rex, etc, is that even though they made them bigger and/or improved, I feel like they are still far away from being as good as everyone is trying to make them to be." I don't think that your "feeling like they aren't as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be" holds much water, lol. ;) 

I can't speak for Feral Rex, but I'll simply say that on Quakeblast at least, it is a nice figure overall, partly due to verall quality and partly due to what you get for the price point at only $80- and you could be right about the price being driven down by the official announcement- but many in that thread have stated that they'd have been happy with Blast even at the higher price point. I own Quakeblast, and chose to sell my Quakewave because I prefer Blast to Wave on the whole. Just saying, we probably shouldn't judge quality or demean quality of something unless we've handled it or at least have seen the negative feedback on it. :D 

3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, I don't own it but who said I didn't have one in my hands? You assumed. Either way, just using one recent page from today alone, I see parts broken, mods needed to prevent possible breakage and more. I've handed enough official and 3P alike that when I do handle when of these KO's, I'm not impressed except for one to my surprise so far (Evasion Prime).

I will make sure to send you a gold star for owning a Quakeblast but even at $80, I'll wait for the official. Then I don't feel like I'm settling (insert cable commercial here) :D 

4. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Decepticon13 did ask "do you OWN Quakeblast, or have you handled one?".

Having one in hand implies handling; seems to me like that base was covered.

5. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

I own a Quake Blast and it's one of the best 80 bucks I've ever spent so far.

So...Would you enlighten me on some of these breakage/mod prevention that you are talking about ?

The only mod I have is to exchange out the LED made by Paul and only for lighting enhancement of the figure. Other than that it's flawless as far as QC on mine. The design is flawless in my eyes.

But hey if the "Official" rocks your boat then go for it and trust me no one will stop ya.

6. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Exactly this. Those are people modding the clear plastic hand, to create a light-up LED gimmick of their own not present in the figure. Pretty creative honestly but something way outside of my ability.
    The figure overall is quite fantastic, pretty absurd to be only priced at $80 when it could easily been sold for MP prices.

7. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As pointed out by another member, I COVERED that when I ASKED if you'd handled one. I didn't assume anything.

BTW, Quakeblast doesn't really qualify as a KO by a majority of those who've posted in the thread. He obviously uses the mechanics of Quakewave, but there are no interchangeable parts, massively different proportions and they don't look alike beyond being representations of Shockwave. Stolen engineering, yes. KO? Not really.

Ultimately, being a jerk in response to my asking questions and wondering what you meant and why you might think it was unnecessary. I know I wasn't.

8. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Why?

I love 3Ps- but there is not denying that they are pricy. Maybe its time they price themselves a little more aggressively.

The LED modification certainly elevates this figure- and will be my next project (after I install some new blinds and repaint my bedroom which will include a TF display area)
    , but even without he's on par with my MP Soundwave and miles ahead of my CW Megatron.

Absurb you say? I chortle. Quakewave could have been sold at MP prices because he is an MP quality figure-but clearly someone thought it wise to price him a little more reasonably. Maybe they have their thumb on the pulse here- and what they're seeing is that some people are just financially tapped out or fed up. There's nothing absurb, about it-however it should make you question what you've been sold from TT and Hasbro. The only absurdity is what the fan community has been fed from the license holders in regard to price point. I think Macklemore said it best

I'm like, "Yo - that's 250 dollars for a Takara."
    Limited edition, let's do some simple addition!
    Fifty dollars for a Takara - that's just some ignorant bitch (shit)
    I call that getting swindled and pimped (shit)
    I call that getting tricked by a business...

9. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... apologies if this was already stated (I couldn't find mention of it via skimming)...

KO oversized?

Official stats on Maketoys Hellfire list it at 8.3" in bot mode.

TF-direct's description of KO Hellfire lists it as 8.7" in bot mode.

Now I'm mildly interested in a (not-)Inferno that scales well with MP-10 in alt mode, and I'm generally a believer that every (part) inch helps... but I'm not sure this will swing it.

Still, it's very early days.

10. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Re the quakeblast comments. I have him, and give him a 10 out of 10. Don't agree with the comments that put old qb down. He's awesome as a big 3p, and super awesome at $80. So awesome I bought a 2nd one for a rainy day.

11. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just thinking the same thing. I just checked TF-Direct. Oh well, I guess we will see. It would be nice if it was MPP-10 Size. When Takara does their Inferno I hope its like 12". That would be awesome

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's never gonna happen.

Nah they're in the acceptable ball park but being a bit bigger wouldn't hurt.

13. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, we'll see, never say never.

14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Attached Files:

15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  - MP-22 Ultra Magnus would like to have a word with you...

I was going to pass on MT and MMC versions in favour of XTB's 'cause I love the vehicle mode - nice boxy 70s/80s style truck. At this price I may have to pick one of these up for Inferno and go KFC for Grapple so they don't look too identical. Wow, never thought I'd be adding a MT figure to my collection. Their aesthetic doesn't really do it for me but at this price, for a figure I don't have that much attachment to...

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The confusion seems to stem from the modified wings/ladder, which are more reminiscent of the MMC versions.

The bodies themselves are pure MT, but the heads and the aforementioned parts are different.

And I say banking on KOs of 3P items is a pure dick move on all accounts, from both the manufacturers, and the "cheap" fans who feel entitled to these things just to save $10-20.

17. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

Quakeblast is a special case on costs as they only went through a few retailers. When there was an odd backlash for poorly worded comments against Chinese people, there was a significant price reduction that was probably further pushed by the restricted number of retailers. I'd bet that BBTS or TFSource wouldn't have reduced their prices because some Chinese consumers were upset.

Keep in mind that KO's do hurt the 3P's, but probably hurt your favorite retailer more. The wholesale production run from the 3P is sold and it's the retailers that have unsold units or have to slash prices if a KO comes out this close to the "official" release. You can argue whether or not retailers have a right to X amount of profit, but retailers are the source of what we get as customer service, and even if a manufacturer provides good service as well, it's often through the vehicle of the retailer... just food for thought.

18. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    trying to gauge the price--- what is the deposit, usually like 10% on taobao?
    most stores wont carry this, not even sure if RK will (they have some KOs and Cloud 9s QB).
    is anyone able to find any of the wei jiang stuff on their site?

logical, but.... the retailer knows the KO is coming, and adjusts. they also sell the KO, even if its under the table. yeah, it happened.
    without exact numbers theres no way to be specific on the impact of either, just saying there are some forces on the other side that the retailer will be motivated to use to balance mitigate losses.
    to your point, assuming the retailer orders supply based on preorders, and then the KO gets announced and those preorders get cancelled... that specific situation would really hurt the retailer, assuming there is no buyback agreement with the manufacturer.

19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It actually might be a nice thing if these are oversized and mix parts from the different companies making them! Makes it more unique.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tf-direct lists them both as oversized KOs