Ko Mpm-8 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinotrap, Aug 23, 2019.

1. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    so, that photo of the gun attached to the arm? is it possible with the official?

2. ColdMangoJuice

ColdMangoJuice Todos saúdam Megatron! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I got the replacement head from dino_model_shop.

Pros:

It looks fantastic and is definitely Megatron's head. The finish is just a tad rough in some spots, but looks far better than the original head. It screams Megatron.

Color scheme is spot and matches perfectly with the rest of honey badger's body.

Additional paint apps to the head make details stand out more.

Cons:
    The plastic quality is that of a lesser plastic. Not by much, but you can tell it's not of the same Calibre as what we got on the actual figure. For those who are familiar with 3D printing, it kinda has that feel to it.

Mine came with a very floppy forehead and neck joint. The forehead can be fixed with floor polish and I just switched out the neck joint from the original and it works great.

Overall, for 20-25 bucks (plus shipping) I would have expected at least the same quality as the original figure, but the details, modifications and improvements make up for it I think. Had I had it in hand before purchasing, I MAY not have bought it, but I don't regret buying it. It looks SO good.

Heading to work now so no pictures yet, but I'll post some later if people want!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which version is the best of the KO's? I prefer it not to be OS but if the advantages outweigh...

I might be too late to the party, mind.

4. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    Honey badger is an excellent choice if you want better QT and paint apps. I like the redistribution of the diecast as well. Very solid figure and comes with an extra chain whip.

Alternate head pictures:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  5. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! Thanks for the info. Does the Honey Badger come with that head?

6. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    I have the Black Mamba Aoyi Mech LS12 and it's a very heavy and sturdy figure. I only noticed scratched wings (barely visible) and the whip tends to bend down because of the hand's weight. I recommend it, it's a solid figure. This one has Cybertronian tattoos, more darker paint, less gold details, two whips, backpack can rotates, ratchets on joints, etc.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    Sadly it does not...but you can purchase it from dino_model_shop or capcomkai.

• Like Like x 2
  8. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How? Where? How much?

Thanks for your time!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    Sorry, just saw this! They are both on Instagram. I just paid dino_model_shop through paypal and it went smoothly. Once the head was finally finished it got here (USA) really fast too!

If you want glowy eyes, it will cost you more. I think I paid 28 all together.

10. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Sadly I have done a crack on one of the wings on AoyiMech LS13. But I will fix it... :( 

11. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    So... After missing out on the first and second batches of the custom Megatron head, then delays from Chinese New year, then Covid-19, I've finally got mine 427 years later :D 

It's the same design as the one @Could Mango Juice has although I think yours was 3D printed? Capcomkai said part of the delay for the batch my order was in, was that they injection molded it instead. Paint seems to be the same as the first couple of batches and is a nice match to the figure.

Either way, glad it's finally arrived. Some pics and comparisons with the original:
    20200514_143639.jpg 20200514_143834.jpg 20200514_143844.jpg 20200514_143848.jpg 20200514_143926.jpg 20200514_152421.jpg 20200514_152452.jpg

And in typical comedy fashion now that mines finally here, someone has designed an even more accurate head for Megatron that will be available through capcomkai and dino model shop, so if anyone's interested check them out on FB/Instagram:
    Screenshot_20200514-154046_Instagram~2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    It definitely felt/looked 3D printed. Yours look good! I was checking out the new head, but dino model said it's just for the MPM color scheme right now...

• Like Like x 1
  13. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    So, when will one make the side panels open and fold/hide the extra ones in? Head and side panels are pretty big already to make it possible

14. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey everyone! Does anyone have a link for purchasing the Honey Badger KO? I'd like the better construction, but not OS. They were all over Ebay a while back, but now seem to have dried up. I *think* I found a couple of Aliexpress, but while they have the correct height, they say they are oversized. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  15. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Here ya go bruv. Sirtoys is a legit website people buy mostly knockoffs from. Shipping will cost about an extra $10

MPM08 Megatron - 3rd Party - SirToys.com

• Like Like x 1
  16. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

My copy of Honey Badger also advertised as oversized so i asked the seller on aliexpress exact height and brand and if it is a 1:1 ko? after he confirmed, i bought it. It was from Tototoy store.

17. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you everyone! Much appreciated.

18. Syphur

Syphur Exceptionally average

News Credits:
    I just looked into Sirtoys. In the “About” info it pretty much says buyers must be ok with receiving damaged product from shipping. How often is this happening?

19. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

It's never happened to me from all the times I ordered from them. I think those were aimed at their more cheaper KO figures, the ones that cost $5-$10 and bright colors which look like they probably will break when you try to transform them. They mention this in their about section that those cheap toys are not meant to last long. I figure their more expensive 3rd party figures are less susceptible to damage. I bought the mpm ko Megs from them and it came just fine. Shipping from china always takes a long time. Getting it used from a tfw member or ebay US seller is also an option but he doesn't pop up very often.

20. Raffa314

Raffa314 Member

So first time posting here (yay), and I thought I might as well ask it here. I've always wondered but is it possible to have MPM Megatron's neck hinge flipped forward instead of back so his head is jutting at the front for that "hunched" look? I don't have the figure myself but this is probably one of the determining factors as to whether or not I'll be getting the Honey Badger KO. It'd be great if someone could post photos of how it'd look as well.