KO MP Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NECIO, Jun 30, 2013.

1. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    The pin on the left is actually supposed to be used for the inside of the fender and allows the fender to spin on the leg for transformation. I would chalk it up to a miss assembled figure in that example.

Neither of my two KO have that, but I have taken them apart enough to recognize the error.

2. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll probably get these KO's for my son. They are good enough for fool most and they'll fool a 3yo no problem!

~Paik

3. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

News Credits:
    I just got my SS this morning. After looking him over if the original was more rough than this I'm glad I didn't spring for the official version. The Autobot logo is great however the lambor logo is a spot of black and gold with no detail. I didn't really expect perfection on a spot that small. There is a spot of red paint on just about every surface of the bot so I need to figure out how to clean it up. Depending on the surface the red is slightly inconsistent (color/texture/gloss) The head joint is loose. Gun has a rattle in it. It also did not come with the extra pile drivers that others seem to be getting with theirs.

I will say that I was expecting a KO when I made the purchase. With that in mind I am impressed with what I expected. The plastic feels great in hand. Most of the joints were stiff with the exception of the hands and head. With what I paid, ($35 shipped) I am certainly glad I didn't spring for the official version given the price it sells for. I want to get the RA now after having this guy in hand but I have a feeling the wife will feel a bit underwhelmed when she sees this guy after she wakes up. Given the ROTF leader Prime I have she may have issue with even the KO price and may chain me up in the back yard. Either way while slightly disappointed I am happy.

I purchased from jesse_mark_ai2013mjx888 and received it two days before expected delivery.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Welp, after that comparison I'm completely sold on getting these guys. Thanks!

5. Smashs

News Credits:
    I've seen a few recommendations for sellers, but can anyone recommend a recent purchase? I'd like to stay around $40 shipped. There are quite a few sellers on eBay.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I picked up Lambor, Alert, and Tigertrack from this guy:

jesse_mark_ai2013mjx888 | eBay

All 3 are spectacular. They feel like the real thing! And all 3 came with the bonus accessories that weren't originally included for each figure. Lambor gets his chrome piledrivers, Alert gets red piledrivers and those flat paddle things, and Tigertrack gets the paddles in black.

7. Smashs

News Credits:
    Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks so much, man!

8. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Also purchased from jesse_mark_ai2013mjx888 and echo many of the comments that Sileny Jizda posted above. For $35 this guy is great, but not close to perfect. My SS has some slight chipping in places, reds that don't match and a front right fender area that doesn't connect well in alt mode. However, even with the shortcomings, I'm very happy with the figure. I may spring for the TT second release down the road if I can get him for the current Prowl/streak/smokey ebay prices ($67).

Has anyone noticed that the prices on the KO SS and Red Alert are starting to rise? I had a Red Alert in my watch list and it went up $5...twice. It's now $49.99 shipped and that's pretty much where everyone is selling it now. Even SS from jesse_mark_ai2013mjx888 is up to $45. I feel like we hit the jackpot when these guys were in the mid $30s.

9. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:

Well there's another guy with cheaper pricing & he have two listings. One in USD & other one in CAD.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/111189027593?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/111189027912?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I bought a Red Alert from him & just rcvd it today. :) 

10. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I got all 3 Lambos for roughly 118 shipped. Happy with all of them. Only SS didn't come with piledrivers.

11. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Pretty sure my official one didn't either...

12. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

News Credits:
    I was going to wait a bit on getting Red Alert but I noticed the uptick in prices as well this past week. I had a few on my watchlist that were under the $40 mark and decided to pull the trigger after seeing the number of sub-40's dwindle. I honestly couldn't justify the $80-$125 range. Detail is great but considering the great voyagers, leaders, and even titan class we've got in the past few years i have to wonder. The title 'Masterpiece' alone cannot justify the price for the figures we are getting now. These at the $35 mark are great.

My guess is they saw the demand in 'watchers' and actual purchases and decided they could get a little more meat on the bone upping the price another $5-$10. The hitch is though they have to be careful in that some potential customers may decide to pay a little more for the 'real' thing and leave them hanging. Eventually they will sell their stock but they need to remember to keep that sweet spot and not get too greedy on em.

13. autotronprime

News Credits:
    So just about the time I was sanding down this KO Snake_eyes1975's wrote this post. Naturally I thought of the dust particles that were floating around and I kept thinking about it. So, I brought another KO SS to work with me and had a coworker run an XRF today on it and the silver gun(yes I have 2 KO SS's for customs). Check here for info on XRF X-ray fluorescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Well the results were negative for lead or PB. Also negative for SN, CU, Ni, Fe. So just in case any one was worried (as I kinda was) my KO SS did not contain any metals within the paint.

14. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Thanks for doing so. I didn't work on my second Red Alert because of that post. Now I can finish, thanks again.

15. autotronprime

News Credits:
    No problem! :thumb 

It set my mind at ease.

16. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I love this board. Thanks to both of you. One for raising the concern and the other for addressing it.

17. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is AWESOME news. Thanks for that. I was actually thinking of getting some of these for my son but someone pointed me to the original post with concerns of lead paint. Now I can order without worry!

~Paik

18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    was me pointing to the post now i can shut up about lead paint in these:eek:  :dunce :lol 

19. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Better safe than sorry.

20. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Thank you kind sir.