KO MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

You don't actually need a pin punch to pop the pins. If you have precision screwdrivers those would work too, that's what I used. They're the small thin screwdrivers used for shit like eyeglasses and small screws. Anything thin and rigid that you can tap with a small hammer can be used, though.

BTW, I used a precision screwdriver and a big pair of vice grips lmao. So really, you can use anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

Transformation went mostly ok. This piece on the hip was broken though. Pics attached. Also this swivel here is very wobbly. Pic also attached. 20210606_235257.jpg 20210606_230929.jpg 20210606_230914.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  3. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Got mine last week. No major issues, I only had to file one shoulder mechanism in order to click it into position. Wheels are a bit loose and so is one of the shoulders but nothing worrying.

Of course missile launcher is misassembled but I won't repair it, I can live with it not being able to fold into the feet.

hound.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

It actually came with DNA upgrade kit for SS Ironhide, so I don't know what size it is. If you buy something I'd just get the cheapest small size (1/16") off of amazon for like 5 bucks.

5. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I have used that thing for so many different figures! I love it!

6. Chrischzz

Chrischzz Active Member

I have asked ShowZ if they can send me a replacement for the steering wheel, as it was missing.
    Let's see if they can manage that. =)

Overal my impression of Hound is very good.
    My toy is sturdy, no huge paint chips or damages. And for me the plastic feels good

The only things that are loose are the bars underneath the doors, which form the back of the legs.. ah well, that can be fixed with some nailpolish.

The figure in general is quite awesome, I like how they (Takara) figured this one out.
    Like how all the normal parts disappear in the legs and feet and to create cartoonlike legs and feet... Yes, some people don't like that, but I do.
    How his shoulder canon folds out.. The only thing that I don't like is the way teh head is moved to the hood. It has very limited ways of moving, thus no looking up and down. And maybe the top mold is a bit too big because of the integrated visor.

In my opion one of the better KO's

• Like Like x 3
  7. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ever wondered what happened to Hound and Spike's friendship?

B) 1921 x 1082 INSTAGRAM.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jeffriah

Jeffriah Well-Known Member

Took a chance with ebay for KO Hound and got scammed from jitao*jitao. Not sure if anybody else bought from him. Should have just paid the extra to get it from Show.Z.

9. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. ShowZ still has him in stock, though you'll be paying a bit of the 'late tax' at $69.99.

10. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Me too bud. Really annoying, I only took a punt cos I'd previously bought from jitao*jitao before and not had an issue. Guess he's one of the many Chinese eBay sellers that "go rogue"

After reading the comments here, I've just created an account with Show.Z and placed an order with them. Seems like a much safer bet!

11. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Yeah they tend to do that, be a solid seller, build up ratings then do a dump and run :(  I got one from jiangxi70 on ebay, think I was one of the first to get him too

12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just transformed mine. It’s my first MP KO and I’m pretty impressed. Things tab in nicely, the only damage is some scuffs on the thighs.

My only issue is his left knee won’t bend with moderate pressure (could be paint stuck in the joint) and I don’t want to force it and have the calf snap so I’m leaving it for now, but really the whole transformation was smooth, and my Spike doesn’t fall apart when I move it. Looks great on the shelf!

E7C086E2-81A1-492B-A2DC-7E743CDC987C.jpeg DB07970F-5773-497E-A7BD-B20F556ABED3.jpeg E772DE33-F08A-4D3A-9893-D24AF98E9B47.jpeg 8274FCA2-C835-455E-B67B-54097FBCE7E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. atomD21

The right knee on mine was like that, so I put a drop of silicone oil on each side, grabbed the thigh and above the shin and slowly added more force until it broke loose. Definitely do not want to use the shin for leverage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah cool yeah I’ll have to get some silicone oil then, thanks!

15. Jeffriah

Jeffriah Well-Known Member

I have nothing but good things to say about Show.Z. They are definitely reliable. I might have to pull the trigger and do the same.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chrischzz

Chrischzz Active Member

I never had any big issues with scammy ebay sellers.
    I think ebay has got that fixed quite good. When not received, ebay/paypal have returned my money always.. the only downside of it, is that it takes a bit of time.

And yes, there is the risk of buying the KO's from chinese seller for a dime including shipping. I always try to find the ones that use photo's that are not used by others and really look in their comments section.. Although that is not always a security at all..

17. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can I ask a couple questions to those that have it...

1. Does it roll OK in alt mode? Nobody said it doesn't, so perhaps OK? My original doesn't - always a front wheel will rub on the hinges just above it no matter how much a massage it. I haven't heard anyone else mention this about the original either, so maybe mine is just bad?

2. Has anyone tried swapping the faces with the original? Do they fit OK? If so I figure hope I get a good one of these, I'd swap out the faces, headlight pieces and gun if mine comes mis-assembled, then happy days.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My KO rolls similar to the description of your original. The front wheel gets hung up on that hinge.

I’m sorry, I haven’t tried swapping the faces.

• Like Like x 1
  19. atomD21

Mine rolls just fine, and the faces swap decently from the original to the KO, but the peg inside the head seems a little bigger, so they don't sit as flush.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The doctor is in :p 

1080 x 1350 INSTAGRAM.png

• Like Like x 5