KO MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    Just got mine today. Overall I’m satisfied. Some minor paint blems the likes of which have been mostly documented already by others here. Most noticeable being the scuff on the chin, and the yellow waist stripe is a bit scuffed. The bigger concerns are a good number of joints are so tight you can feel the plastic flex when during the transformation process. But nothing broke! So there’s that. Oh, But neither of the shoulders will go into place, I’ll have to take a file to the tabs to make it finish up the transformation into bot mode. Oh and his little faux tires on his feet won’t tab in either. I’ll have to drill those holes out a bit bigger as well. But I can live with all of those inconveniences. Especially at the price of 60 dollars. Not bad.

On a side note, the one millimeter gap between his neck and the hood really bothers me. But I blame Takara for the design choice. Other than that. Well done Takara. This is an awesome figure. Too bad you couldn’t build it as well as you designed it and some KO company ended up with my money instead of you. Better luck next time

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Mine had this as well, have you tried tightening the two black screws at the front under the bonnet? Worked for me, they're nice and tight now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chrischzz

Chrischzz Active Member

Oooow.. mine is set to be delivered today.. Yaaaay!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *facepalm. Now I feel like an idiot for missing such an easy fix, especially after punching out pins and dremeling plastic to lock the shoulder. But yes, tightening the screw underneath the bonnet did the trick! Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chrischzz

Chrischzz Active Member

After inspecting mine.. Simply in vehicle mode, not transformed it yet.

Teh lower flap underneath the "door" is loose, this keeps falling down.

And.. The steering wheel is missing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. That did help. They no longer move with gravity and are not loose any more.

The right arm is still loose around the joint where the pin is circled. It flops down when positioned like he's pointing straight ahead.

20210603_182205.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

...and that's where my copies right arm is loose and I don't know how to fix it.

8. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

20210604_160857.jpg
    Kiki, and lots of it! I've lumped loads of it in all the joints I can get to, he can hold a decent amount of weight now.

Just a thought, I've not transformed him back to jeep so might want to be careful if you've tightened those screws...

9. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got mine a few days ago and absolutely love him, but I do have have same issues. As far as tightening up the right shoulder, I'm probably just going to drop some floor polish around the pin.

My right arm also wouldn't click/snap into place. I couldn't even tell where the tab was to file or sand it. I just brute forced it in, which scared the F outta me. But nothing broke. Gotta say this fig feels nice quality wise. I'm considering ordering a second copy to keep in Jeep mode, just because I'm a huge Jeep guy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. REDEEMED

Ebay:
    What’s kiki?

11. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The pin didn't get pushed in tight enough. I used pliers to press it in and that tightened up the shoulder for me. It's a little tricky because the pin is recessed in the surrounding plastic, so I threw a tiny magnet on it and pressed the pliers to that. On the other side of the joint, I put a folded up paper towel to keep the pliers from digging into the plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

When the arm is not locked in, you should be able to access this area and file/sand it down some. I used a file on a small nail clipper.

20210604_110153.jpg

14. REDEEMED

Ebay:
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    The transformation on this is pretty remarkable but like so many knockoffs, it had me wanting to take a pair of pliers to it at times with how tight some of the joints were.

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    I had ordered one from ShowZ and one from TF-Direct

TF-Direct came bare in a simple box that had gotten crushed - luckily the actual MP box seemed ok

ShowZ shipped with bubble wrap AND corner cups around the MP box, in another box. Great packing.

Hope to open the figure soon!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

18. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

Got mine tonight and transformed him to bot mode. No major problems. Had the cannon assembled incorrectly, but with a pin punch, hammer and pliers it took a few minutes to fix real easily. I had to tighten one of the screws under the hood to fix a loose arm. Both shoulder pins are going to need a little floor polish to tighten up. Not that loose, but should needs a little bit of help. All the leg joints seem fine, and had no problem paint being stuck together. Only noticed a few small paint defects, but that is so low on my list of things I care about I probably won't ever notice them again.

Compared to my only other MP KOs of MP-39 and MP-44, this one is the best. Took the least amount of work to fix up, and didn't have any major problems. I'll transform him a few more times in the next week and report if anything pops up then. But overall looks like a great KO of a great figure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Kiki is an overpriced 1oz bottle of water-based polyurethane. You can buy an 8oz container of WBP from any hardware store for the same price as 1oz of Kiki. Only difference is Kiki comes with a tiny syringe needle dropper to deliver the goods.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

what size pin punch did you use? I need to buy one to fix mine...