KO MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

Got mine from Show.z this week. Gun assembled right, but shoulders wont click. Anyone have a pic of which part to sand?

2. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    upload_2021-5-28_13-32-48.png

Had to shave mine down on the right shoulder.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Unicron129

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Got mine yesterday. First MP KO. I have to say, while it's nice to have a Hound that won't disintegrate (like my official one is slowly doing, discovered a new massive crack in the shin last week), its overall fit and finish is just noticeably weaker than the real thing. Got the gun with the upside down part (fixed that), Spike has two left thighs so one knee only bends forward, many parts don't quite line up 100%, and a lot of pieces are absurdly tight or really loose. Of course, those tight pieces inadvertently helped me test durability, so there's that. :v

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Got my hands on one of these today. Plastic does not feel as good as my official Sunstreaker, but it feels solid and NOT CRUMBLY. Paint is pretty good... yellow is a bit sloppy, and I have a black dot on the hood just in front of the windshield, but not the worst I've ever seen.

I did have to shave down some plastic on the shoulder joints to let them click into place. The worst part to me was the right leg. The hip is very floppy, and the knee was literally stuck in place when I transformed it. I had to force the thing so hard I thought it broke once it finally started moving- must have been assembled before the paint cured.

Also, the pin on one of the rear tires for their folding joints is not fully inserted on mine. Sticks out a millimeter or two. Can transform just fine, but will definitely scratch the surface of anything if I ever try to roll it.

Did not have the turret misassembled, and the thighs did not have any major scuffs or marks.

Overall, not a perfect product, but it is definitely one I feel is worth the money, and it fits in spectacularly with the rest of my toon-style bots. I wasn't initially a fan of the toon styling, but seeing the subtle sweeps and drafts in the silhouettes has turned me on to them over the years. Feels great to have a new Hound... time to retire Willis (whose engineering has aged poorly over the years but probably pops better on a shelf due to paint).

6. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Same a bit on of a nail file fixed, thanks :) 

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I almost want to find an official MP Hound that isn't broken up or dying, just to see the difference in hand. One thing about the KO is it just feels thin in a lot of panels. Some parts not fitting exactly in place (example, his toe panels just sort of floating) makes me wonder what the real one is like. I still love this figure and am very happy with him--the vast majority of him is great, and joints/ratchets work perfectly fine.

8. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

Before mine did what most all of them do, the official felt a great deal the same as the KO. The thin parts on the KO were just as thin feeling and scary on the official. The joints were tighter overall, but some were a bit too tight. The panels on the feet of the official never really closed up flush on mine, leaving some small gaps here and there.

9. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

You can check out emgo's review of the original..even the feet panels of Emgo's original Hound doesn't sit flush at all.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

It's crazy that thing had a price tag of $150+ (earlybird $120-ish at best) with how thin those panels were, then. I'm fully aware of engineering/mold count/parts count costs. But you would expect something sturdier...and that's before the disintegration.

I know, I keep going back to "I'm overall very happy with him," and it's true. :D  It's just you can see where there were cut-backs that really shouldn't be there, especially when some of us who didn't buy into the thing find out that this KO relatively accurately reflects some of those things, so we're not out of the understanding.

Okay, anyway. Curiosity sated. Back to enjoying this guy. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Well shit. Now I'm worried that I forced the shoulders to pop into place rather than filing the piece down on each side. I did manage to get the leverage needed to click them into place by holding the part that they slip past from both sides with the hood up. Guess it doesn't matter if I never flip him back.

12. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    One thing I’m seeing that seems to be universal is that the side panels, at the bottom of the Jeep, are too loose to stay in place. Luckily it’s a very minor thing & something you wouldn’t notice unless you compared it with the box art.

I’ve got mine, but since I have 10h workdays, haven’t tf’d it yet. I think the gun is assembled correctly, but haven’t looked too hard.

Had a nasty scrape on the hood, but I got rid of it with a magic eraser. Given the reported scratches, I think they tended to get thrown into bins without much gentle treatment.

13. Unicron129

Following up, was able to get the shoulders locked in. Other than the chin paint scrapes and a bit of blotchy paint on the yellow waist stripes, my copy had no noteworthy faults. Glad I grabbed him.

word of caution: if youre spike’s leg joint is stuck, it’s easy to shear off the peg.

14. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Dont be, its fine, didnt require that much effort imo to pop them into place

You can see here in the video I linked earlier how a Takara version is and how locking the shoulders into place are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Trust me, I did exactly what is shown in that video. There's no hidden movement on the shoulders to make them go in 'easier'. The tolerance between the two pieces is just stupid tight on most copies, and unlike in the video, the shoulder piece puts up more resistance and actually flexes the plastic to a dangerous point if ones not careful.

• Like Like x 1
  16. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

For the shoulders on mine, I filed the ridge they go over down just a bit, like less than a mm, then once they would tab with less force, I tabbed and I untabbed until it was easier but still secure. Now they both tab with about the same resistance that the official had.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  17. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Got mine yesterday. It's a damn good figure. Some things were tight but manageable. That shoulder thing was fixable but man, never thought "dynamic" and "posing" would apply to a Hound figure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

I don't have a tiny screwdriver small enough or a watch pin set so what should I do to get the pin out of the gun?

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

You could try getting some finishing nails with smaller shafts, and a mini hammer/mallet. I think even the thinnest will still be thicker in diameter than the pins, but the point will be narrow enough to at least get the pin started so you can grab the other side with pliers.

20. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

I used a push pin, one of those metal ones