KO MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Got mine in the mail this afternoon. After just taking him out of the box and looking at his thighs mine had a lot of scuff marks as well. But I remembered the trick with my KO MP-39, and brought out an eraser and got to work.

The before pictures

20210525_125121.jpg 20210525_134205.jpg

and afters

20210525_134336.jpg 20210525_150343.jpg

Seriously. Anyone who has scuffs on the thighs. Try an eraser. I used the eraser from a mechanical pencil.

For build quality. Nothing broken even when I had to force a few things. Those pseudo tires on his feet tab in extra tight on my copy. Almost uncomfortably so, and his shoulders were a real pain in the ass to sort out. His hips are slightly loose and he has a loose right shoulder and bicep, but you know what?! I don't care! I finally have Hound! And he's beautiful!

My inner child came alive for a moment when I unwrapped his box and I literally hugged it like a little kid at Christmas.

20210525_152436.jpg

Mine is mis-assembled too, but I don't honestly give a shit. It can stay in the box.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a pencil type eraser?

Duhhhh I totally missed the bottom part of your post. I'll try one on mine later.

I have to say now that I look at yours and have read everything is that our copies were extremely similar, even down to what looks like glue right above his winch. And I agree, I also don't care about the minor defects. It looks nice enough and transforms properly so i'm satisfied.

Edit: Well holy crap. The eraser took it off! The scratch or whatever it was is gone!

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Have been reading your postings on this thread from the earliest days (of wanting this figure badly). So glad that you're happy at last. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    ...and then they change their minds and decide to release the brown box improved version. :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  5. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

I forgot to mention that my copy came with the open mouth smile face installed, but it had a paint chip on the chin. So I went to swap over to the default face and saw one eye was bigger than the other. Turns out the eye piece had pushed some left over plastic into the 'socket' of the left eye. So I went at it with a hobby knife and cleaned it up as best I could.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blingotron

I'm thinking that's what's going on with the left eye of my screaming face. I didn't notice it until I was looking at the pictures I uploaded. If it's not flash i'll just repaint the eyes.

Edit: Oh no, it's not painted all the way lol. Painting those tiny eyes are going to be really fun since my eyes stop working when looking at things close up. :lol 

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Simple Jack

Simple Jack Member

Mine turned up from showz today. Overall happy with him but came with a few issues.

His right side lights had fallen out. Easy fix just glued them back in.

IMG20210526131127.jpg

His right knee would not bend. It was like it was glued. I wasn't willing to use anymore force on it so I ended up working a small flathead in behind the hinge and then it loosened. Looks like paint had dried in there and stuck it together. The paint is particularly bad around the knee hinges.

IMG20210526131012.jpg IMG20210526131551.jpg IMG20210526131643.jpg
    Looks great with the TE figures

IMG20210526132720.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Has anyone bought this on taobao, and if so could they please recommend a seller?

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Got mine from Show.Z as well--no major scuffs except one at the very top of his right leg at the hip. Nothing mis-assembled. No stress marks. The neck doesn't hover over the hood and sits 99.9% flush. I did have to file down the two tabs on his inner shoulders that have to click past that thin wall meant to keep them in place, as it wouldn't push past. Got them both filed down the perfect amount, and they click in without trouble and stay put without issue.

Man, this figure is fantastic. To get stuff out of the way: in hand, I have this mixed impression I've been noting in current MPs. The transformation is again overly complex for his own good, but engineered in such a way you have to respect how everything comes together. The not-so-detailed face sculpts aren't as bad in person, although I never really liked the original ones (really close, but still "off"). Still think the helmet is too big due to the stupid face screen gimmick, but I'm used to it from seeing pictures this whole time.

But seriously, I do love this hound. He looks the part, and I can hear Ken Sansom's voice from the old episodes whenever I look at him. Articulation is all there, the colors are right (darker than the original, and I don't even notice or care), and getting back to the transformation, it is fun going back and forth once you get the hang of it.

With this grab, I think I have every 'deluxe car' character for the season-one Autobots in MP form except Trailbreaker (FT, someday) and Ironhide (still holding out some odd hope a 3P will do a good version of him). Glad to have him, and hope everyone else that orders one gets a great copy.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So this thing is good then?

11. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Yeah bro. I've lost track of the number of times I've transformed it. It's the perfect desk toy (for me).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blingotron

IMO, yes.

It was nice not having to do major repairs to a KO, unlike the MP-44 KO. My Hound's problems were fixed with 2 screwdrivers, 2 popped pins and an eraser. It's good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I got mine in the mail today but I won't be able to open it until after work. Praying that the paint app gods smile upon me...

14. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Salesman lai liao. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. God Orion

Ebay:
    That's great, might get one seeing how cheap it is. Oh and "Hi" as someone on these boards would say.

16. God Orion

Ebay:
    How is it misassembled please?

17. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Definitely assembled in haste, still lots of people were dying to get their hands on it and at least its not $160 of plastic dust ;)  Glad you got yours functional

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Part of the Jeep gun is put in back to front preventing it from being folded up into his feet storage, needs 2 pins removed

• Like Like x 2
  19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I got a pretty decent one...I didn't have any major defects (no problem with that folding gun piece people were talking about), nothing was loose, nothing broke or felt at risk during the transformation, and there are no huge paint blemishes in the main body. However, there are tons of tiny imperfections all over the figure, and the default face had a messed up chin (though luckily I pefer the smiling face for Hound, which was unblemished)

[​IMG]

Overa─║l, it looks great on the shelf (the tiny imperfections are only visible up close) and it's awesome to be able to have and handle this mold, but it's still less than ideal compared to having a reissue of the official that fixes the plastic, so I hope one eventually comes along.

• Like Like x 6
  20. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Given the price, this is a great KO. The official was fantastic, but I returned it because it was cracking. This is a very serviceable substitute.

Not perfect: Like others, I have paint damage at the top of the thighs near the hips. Some joints are a little loose (hips; ankles). And I, too, had to file away plastic to get the shoulders to tab into their robot mode position.

But overall, he looks the part and feels good. And this toy has a great transformation, and it's nice to be able to do it without fear. And it holds together better in alt-mode than my official version did.

If this was as expensive as the official, I'd give it a B or B-. Given the price... I give it an A.

• Like Like x 1