KO MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Michael Norman Richardson

Michael Norman Richardson Starcracker23

I should get mine next week it's in Wisconsin on the last update and I'm in the Detroit area fed ex tracking is the worst

2. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    I noticed the fold up gun wasn't folding correctly so I looked up a review and saw that a piece was put on upside down, not sure how to fix as the pins are in tight 20210522_225802.jpg mp hound.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

Mine isn’t folding properly too... hmmm

• Like Like x 1
  4. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a spare Spike they’re okay parting with? Mine sheared off at the hip. I can pay $5 shipped to Cali

5. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

6. Redinferno77

Redinferno77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finish change

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

So mine came yesterday and thankfully I dodged the issue with the incorrectly assembled cannon. Overall this thing is great with one exception. The small tabs on the backs of the legs are a bit too long and need to be sanded down. Less than a mm, but it was enough for this to happen to the first one... 20210523_125150~2.jpg
    Thankfully the leg still holds together just fine.

But it is just really good to have a Hound I can transform again!
    20210523_125140~2.jpg
    Oh, and I had to paint the inside of the slight smile.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    So you managed to push the pin out? Was it difficult?

9. Redinferno77

Redinferno77 Well-Known Member

He was very careful ... in the first pin there was no problem ... in the second pin the plastic piece broke into two parts, I fixed it with glue, it is advisable to use a small screwdriver to remove the pin ... watchmaker tools were not very useful to me.

the second pin is the one seen in the separate photo ... it is the most complicated.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Just received mine and it appears I have this issue as well. What side did you push the pins out from?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Just got mine today. Will give it an inspection very soon. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Looks like I should've crossed my toes too. Pictures incoming.

So now that the dust has settled from inspecting and transforming him. I have a few problems. One that you'll see very obviously is the big scratch on the thigh and other minor scratches and chips. Most of the other detail paint is very good except the left wrist. It looks like they went a little too heavy on the paint there and it's slightly orange peeled. It's kinda hard to see honestly but I had my magnifying glass out so it was clear as day.

There are some ugly sprue marks here and there but those were expected thanks to reviews from months ago. I had a very loose right arm at the shoulder but that was fixed by tightening a loose screw under the hood. I was very worried it was a major defect but tightening the screw fixed it totally. I also had a bitch of a time getting the shoulders pegged into their slots. It feels like you're going to break something. IDK what I was doing wrong but it wasn't comfortable.

[Edit: To clarify this specific shoulder problem mentioned above. The shoulder screw under the hood I am talking about holds the entire right arm on, not just the shoulder. It was very loose and the whole arm shook because it just wasn't screwed in all the way, so that's why tightening the screw fixed that issue. The shoulder looseness in the next section is specifically talking about the right shoulder and has nothing to do with that screw.]

Some of the joints, mainly the right shoulder and hips are a tad loose. Not extremely loose but just enough to consider floor polish. Problem is the shoulders and thighs look pinned in so IDK if I can even effectively get in them to do it. the two ab pieces on that rotate together are STUPID tight on mine and I was going crazy trying to get them together. Easily the worst part of the transformation to me other than the shoulders.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 14.jpg 07.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 13.jpg 10.jpg

Some accessories:
    17.jpg 18.jpg 16.jpg 15.jpg

I also had the problem of the cannon being misassembled like the others have had. It was an easy fix but you just have to be really careful not to break anything getting the two pins out. In my experience with pin removal and it was the same on this one too. The knurled part of the pin is closest to the outside. So push the pin from the side that indented a tiny bit. If you don't see the knurled end while it's coming out STOP and push it out the other way. BTW, If you don't flip that one piece of the cannon you can't have it attached in alt mode because it can't fold up enough to fit inside the leg.

26.JPG 27.JPG

I just had to do it....

IMG_0261 2.jpg

Okay, now that i've possibly scared people away form buying it I have to say it's not that bad with the exception of the big scratch and gun being misassembled. Transformation was easy enough minus the shoulders and incredibly tight rotating ab pieces. Everything fit together well, though. At first when I saw the scratch I thought it was going to be a total disaster but it's not. I don't feel cheated in the slightest and more importantly it doesn't feel like it'll break into a thousand pieces transforming it. Thumbs up from me. :thumb 

Edit 2: So I took some new picture showing how Hound looks after I re-transformed into alt mode. I only did it because the earlier pictures were straight out of the clamshell and it wasn't fully transformed properly.

01.jpg 03.jpg 01.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg 05.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg
    The folded cannon is how it should be after it's fixed.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

He's at my post office. Will have him tomorrow!

• Like Like x 2
  13. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

Awesome write up. Did you use a pin puncher like was recommended in an earlier post? Congrats on getting this and MP17+.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I need this company to KO MP17+, MP18+ and MP20+ now.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blingotron

Thanks. And no, no pin puncher, I had to use a tiny precision screwdriver and a wrench lmao. I must've looked like a caveman using a tiny chisel on a twig. It was kind of nerve-racking too because I kept thinking I was going to snap it. It didn't break, thankfully. I really do need to buy a pin punch, though. I've been having to stiffen up joints lately and they've all been pinned. It would definitely come in handy.

I just got MP-20+ and MP-17+ from Robotoybase for $115 and 119 total for each. It was the best price I could find for them. I've been trying to buy MP-18+ from Pulse but I keep missing when they get stock in. It's only $79.99 there so that's why I keep checking lol. KO's would be nice, though!

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I've heard of these tiny screwdrivers being used. I'm going to have to google them, or just look at the pin puncher. I'm not really worried about it for this cannon piece but it could come in handy. I just got MP 39 from Robotoybase, or will soon. It's a state away at the moment. I saw they had a lot of Takara MPs available at a good price. The only problem is the shipping cost, but considering I just purchased it 8 days ago and it's almost here, it could definitely be worse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blingotron

The gun only really needs to be fixed if you plan on it being able to be folded up and hidden when he's in bot mod. Otherwise you can just set it aside.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    So you mean the knurled part of the pin sits closer to the top of the pinhole, compared to the other side, which sits deeper in the hole?

And with pin punching in general, is the indented side of the pin usually the place to knock the pin out, or not always?

19. Blingotron

I've taken the pins out of a few bots now and every time so far the knurled end sits fairly flush with the plastic and the smooth end sits inside the hole a tiny bit. That said, sometimes it's not that obvious which end is which, so just be aware if you see the smooth end coming out first then stop and go the other way. If you push the knurled end through you could make the joint loose from tearing it up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Phew..just checked mine and It's assembled correctly. Hopefully it's not a widespread QC. :oops: 

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1