KO MP-36 THF-Dynastron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. Mine arrived today and the tape was cut. Everything was there so no big deal, except for possibly batteries. Was it supposed to come with them? I was pleasantly surprised to see 2 canon/scopes, 3 electric dudes (I can't ever remember the name) and the back cover. I thought those were reserved for the first run so it was good to see them included.

2. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

Yours came with 3 kremzeeks? I only got one

3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so to kinda update whats going on. XD

Contacting Modfans was a dead end.

Contacting the ebay seller was a dead end.

Not really sure who else to try and contact for support. *rubs chin*

So I guess I will just have to look into options for working with what I got. Though I mostly want to know WHAT caused it considering no one else has had it happen to theirs yet. There has to be some kinda of X factor that ultimately caused it.

The best I can come up with is perhaps off gassing from tightening the forarm panels using clear nail polish or maybe the inferred light emitted by the halogen bulb in one of my lamps kickstarted the process?

4. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

You won't be disappointed. What a great price too. I got mine for....$0. Sort of. Traded an old Takara MP-11 Starscream MIB straight up for an MISB IT Megs. Never mind what I paid for that MP-11 back in 2012 when they were scarce lol.

5. bigMattius

bigMattius Well-Known Member

Only the first run comes with 3 apparently, (but they are in a separate baggie, not in the clamshell) same for the extra cannon with English voice. I wasn't lucky with mine either.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

These IT-01 w/2 cannons, etc. are probably the end of the 1st production run stock trickling in. 2nd production run only has 1 cannon.

For those missing the batteries, it's probably the seller removing them to avoid any Custom's potential headaches. It's hit or miss when your stuff is delayed because of the batteries.

8. arnie001

arnie001 Well-Known Member

Now I wish the regular IT Megs came with the English voice clips version, other than that, its awesome and hopefully we get to see more of IT products in the future...

9. arnie001

arnie001 Well-Known Member

Some small differences.. 1.jpg BREEF.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I love my Despotron but I HATE the legs wanting to slide down. Got this recently from bababobo’s store and guess I got the first run cause it came with the spare cannon and kremzeeks. It’s fantastic in hand. Here he is, holding the key that came with mp10
    A9A05BBE-AF84-47CF-9340-1D5391E8D69A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Wasatchatron

Wasatchatron Well-Known Member

One transformation down. No major issues but definitely need more under my belt. I hate the disconnecting the barrel from the side panel part.

12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IT-01 has a few G1 toon Frank Welker voice clips among the total voice clips. However the Modfans canon set has a better selection and more of them. I think the Modfans kit is a great option for those who have a 2nd run IT-01.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Lol I’ll never even put batteries in.

14. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Mine also came with the extra cannon and two extra Kremzeeks. I think that maybe TD-Direct opened the box to put the bag with the extra accessories in.

On a different note: I believe I read in here that IT-01 doesn't have an ab crunch. Mine does but then when I look at his back the black pastic looks slightly damaged. So maybe there was a small plastic lid that prevented the ab crunch but that got broken off?

15. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, they added a little nub to help keep the ab crunch from activating as easily. It's usually really hard to disengage the first few times, but after that its usually worn down enough to work alright.

On mine the securing tab just outright broke off, but it still locks in place very well.

16. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Got my IT-01 a few days ago, and so far loving all the refinements they gave the mold!

mpitmegs2a.jpg
    mpitmegs8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

I just tried to transform my IT-01 and it looks like one of the shoulders was assembled wrong (see pink circles in picture - right one is correct, left one is wrong).

I am not sure if I can disassemble him and fix it or if the piece is just the wrong piece, e.g. two times left piece.

Does anyone have some advice on this? Also, how does TD-Direct handle such cases?

EDIT: Okay, opened him up. The grey piece is definitely wrong. I have to left pieces. Also that arm has another issue in that it cannot be collapsed completely :( .

@Tontus314 Did you try to transform yours already? Is something amiss with yours, too? I remember the tapes on the box were broken on yours too.
    IMG_86391.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure exactly which piece you have doubles of from the pics. Would it be possible to remove the arm around that piece and rotate that piece 180 degrees, then reassemble.

19. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is TF-direct $20 more because of the extra accessories?

20. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. I disassembled the arm yesterday. The light grey piece that attaches to the dark grey piece and on which the arm rotates (within in the pink circles in my picture) is the same on both sides. I need a mirrored one for the arm to move upward as needed for transformation.

To add insult to injury, when trying to transform him in to gun mode as much as possible, I encountered two other issues:
    - The arm that had the should issue cannot be collapsed completely because a round piece is cracked (too tight screw?) and no longer has the required clearance.
    - Two crotch pieces that you pull down for transformation are also both left-sided. Luckily that does not impact transformation, I only screw holes on the front of one of them now.

All in all, it seems that the universe told me to not buy KO transformers after my first experience.