KO Masterpiece Consensus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jtscribe, Oct 31, 2016.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

So was thinking about seeing if anyone would be interested in a checklist with consensus on the build/paint quality of the KO Masterpieces rather than it all being scattered around. The $30 MP cars on Amazon are pretty severely tempting. Feel free to add your takes and any I've missed.

MP08 Grimlock (Oversized)
    Cost:
    Review Consensus ordered by jtscribe, pending

MP09 Rodimus Prime
    Cost: Not available?
    Review Consensus

MP10 Optimus Prime
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP11 Starscream
    Cost: $130 @ TF-Direct
    Review Consensus

MP11SW Skywarp
    Cost: $85 @ ?
    Review Consensus top notch, tight joints, no faction stickers

MP11TC Thundercracker
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP12 Sideswipe
    Cost: $30 on Amazon
    Review Consensus comparable to official, possible paint errors with headlights, Countache

MP13 Soundwave
    Review Consensus

MP13B Ratbat / no Soundblaster
    Cost: $24.50 on Amazon
    Review Consensus just needed to clean up some edges to get the backpack to sit on his back tight.

MP14 Red Alert
    Review Consensus loose thighs and the head flap wouldn't close flush

MP15 Ravage and Rumble
    Cost: $20 on Amazon
    Review Consensus ok the paint on rumble was good but the ball joint for the feet I had to sand down a bit. Ravage is good all around.

MP16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw
    Review Consensus Great joints and plastic, box is lower quality print (Missing Transformers Masterpiece logos), paint apps about %90 quality of originals

MP17 Prowl
    Review Consensus

MP18 Bluestreak
    Review Consensus Joints slightly looser, paint also slightly softer. About %95 the quality of the original.

MP19 Smokescreen
    Review Consensus

MP20 Wheeljack
    Review Consensus perfect imo, no differences to the original jointwise imo

MP21 Bumblebee and Daniel
    Review Consensus

MP22 Ultra Magnus
    Review Consensus

MP23 Exhaust
    Cost: $35 on Amazon
    Review Consensus Near enough perfect, besides the Takasa Tony logo, very hard to see much in the way of lower quality anywhere else

MP24 Star Saber
    Cost: Not available
    Review Consensus Available, not bad, some slight differences

MP25 Tracks
    Review Consensus Good, better than official, rubber tires; Fantastic. Better than original in that backpack clipped together securely and he has rubber tyres. Joints are tight too.

MP26 Road Rage
    Review Consensus

MP27 Ironhide
    Cost: $40 on Amazon
    Review Consensus

MP28 Hot Rod
    Review Consensus

MP29 Shockwave
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP30 Ratchet
    Cost: Coming?
    Review Consensus

MP31 Delta Magnus
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP32 Optimus Primal
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP33 Inferno
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP34 Cheetor
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP35 Grapple
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

MP36 TBD - Megatron?
    Cost:
    Review Consensus

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shouldn't this be in the third party reviews forum?

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    The KO MP12 Sideswipe was great when I got it. I later got an official one to replace it, and the quality felt the same.

However, two main differences to note with the KO-
    -the "Lamborghini Countach" is misspelled hilariously on his rear bumper
    -the headlights lack the black outline of paint that the official release has

Outside of that, pretty great. Some joints were tighter than in the official release, some looser. Just seems like standard QC variance to me.

My KO MP11SW is top notch, though. Don't have the official because the price is too outrageous, but for 85 dollars it has tighter joints and cleaner paint apps than either of my two official MP Seekers, you just have to apply the Decepticon insignias yourself.

4. jtscribe

Not sure. If a mod wants to move it I guess that's our answer?

Adding to post, thank you. Where did you get MP11SW, TF-Direct?

5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I regret replacing my KO Sideswipe with a legit one. Paint was worse on the real one and the autobot symbol on the hood is crooked, whereas it was perfectly straight and centered on the KO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

My Feedback on the ones I have and compared with my originals

MP16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw
    Review Consensus

Great joints and plastic, box is lower quality print (Missing Transformers Masterpiece logos), paint apps about %90 quality of originals

MP18 Bluestreak
    Review Consensus

Joints slightly looser, paint also slightly softer. About %95 the quality of the original.

MP23 Exhaust
    Review Consensus

Near enough perfect, besides the Takasa Tony logo, very hard to see much in the way of lower quality anywhere else

MP28 Hot Rod
    Cost: **Rumours the clear window version are KO - BUT these were available before the official release by two weeks, I would suggest pre production samples rather than KO.**
    Review Consensus

Tabs are better than the official, the bonet headlight tabs are much more flush then both of my official versions, plastic is slightly softer and a different colour red. The windows are clear rather than blue. Besides this, also the yellow spoiler when rotating does not click into place like the final release.

7. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Ko rat bat was good, just needed to clean up some edges to get the backpack to sit on his back tight.

Ko rumble/ravage is ok the paint on rumble was good but the ball joint for the feet I had to sand down a bit. Ravage is good all around.

I would have went all ko cassettes but got the frenzy/buzz saw for cheap. For the money i saved it's well worth the time spent fixing minor issues.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Rubadubspawn here on tfw. 87 dollars shipped, to be exact.

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    why are you going with amazon price's? surely ebay would have lower prices to comapare with

10. jtscribe

EBay's don't typically persist but if you find a place elsewhere I will certainly add it. I had most of them in an Amazon wishlist so I just got the data from there.

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Red Alert had loose thighs and the head flap wouldn't close flush.

Wheeljack was perfect imo, no differences to the original jointwise imo.

Tracks. Fantastic. Better than original in that backpack clipped together securely and he has rubber tyres. Joints are tight too.

There is actually a Star Saber ko too, no idea on quality though.

12. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

I always forget that I have this and it's a ko

Ko mp-10u white prime or ultra magnus is good all my joints were tight, the sholder joints are way better then my floppy hasbro version. My only problem is the paint on the thighs, instead of being molded silver/gray it is painted. It's scraped off where the thigh came in contact with the hip skirt.

13. MechaToast

MechaToast G1? No thanks.

KO Red Alert had a glob of plastic in the shoulder where his cannon plugs in I had to dig/scrape out. I also could never get the chest to tab into the abdomen which no amount of manipulation or plastic shaving could correct. It likely could have eventually, but after two days of frustration I bought legit and threw the half-transformed KO in a box.

14. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little late to this thread, but what the hell...

I have the KO MP-11T Thundercracker. It's a direct Takara KO, not KBB or Yes Model. Paid about $35 USD plus shipping. The quality is on par with official, and everything felt good. Very clean, less sprue marks than my official Hasbro Starscream. The only noticeable difference is that the legs, when extended, do not have a locking mechanism, but rather are held by friction. It doesn't appear to affect the figure negatively in any way. Paint apps were on point, and came with faction logos tampoed on already.

Also have MP-27 Ironhide Robot Formers KO. Got him from Taobao for $18 bucks. Mostly good, except that alternate face does not stay on very well. Hip skirts were absolutely impossible to extend, which made transformation scary, as I had to force the leg past. Ironically, this proved that the plastic was good quality with high tolerance. No logos was a bummer. Also the rocket launcher had no inner mechanism. Still a nice figure, would recommend for a display piece, but not for transforming.

And MP-18B Blue Bluestreak from Takasa Tony. $18 on Taobao. No noticeable differences from the official. Very good quality. Same can be said for all Nissan KOs. I also have Prowl, Silverstreak, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. No complaints about any of them.

And, of course, everybody has KO Ratbat. Zero complaints, especially given the dramatic difference in price to obtain.

I also have the Lambo KOs, but enough has been said about them. They're acceptable, but only just. Compared to my official Anime Alert, they don't quite match up.

15. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    where is this thundercracker.
    want to wait and see if they do screamer and skywarp

16. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

KO Prowl: Okay, paint is a bit less fine than on my TT Smokescreen and overall feels a bit looser than the official. But overall pretty good.

KO Bumblebee: Decent. A bit floppier than my official, and the black plastic piece that you can store in the spare tire falls straight out - sits snug in the official. Also the Exosuit is a floppy horrible mess and the bubble canopy won't stay on at all. I replaced mine, if all you care about is the Bumblebee you might be okay with it but personally I don't recommend the KO.

KO Skywarp: I have the KBB version and it's spectacular. One of the wings likes to pop out in bot mode, only real flaw I've noticed. Also tabbing the arms in in alt mode is difficult - unsure if this is an MP11 issue though. Still waiting on my TT Starscream, sigh. Overall though, given the price difference I'd heartily recommend it.

I had the head issue, and also there's a plastic blob in the way of the waist hinge preventing it from properly transforming. Can't recommend this one either.

17. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found mine on Taobao. It's all in Chinese, but if you search "MP11T KO" you'll get a ton of hits. May have to scroll through a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wish these guys would ko the 3p figures more. I want a $30 sphinx etc...

• Like Like x 1
  19. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

MP10 Optimus Prime
    Cost: varies want to say I paid $110
    Review Consensus varies by color version, my Green Bape is pretty nice in robot mode (besides a slightly loose arm and some paint slop) but has tolerence issues when trying to transform, and gaps in alt mode

MP13B Ratbat / no Soundblaster
    Cost: paid $20 or so on ebay
    Review Consensus very nice don't remmber any issues with him

MP14 Red Alert
    Cost: $30 or so on ebay
    Review Consensus pure junk, its a floppy mess, red flaking paint, head flap won't close, loose plastic rattles in the cannon, dosent hold his gun well.

MP28 Hot Rod
    Cost: $25-30 on ebay
    Review Consensus overall really nice, soft face sculpt, peg on the back needs to be filed down a bit to fit into the backpack, a missing bit of chrome where a sprue was removed exposing the plastic underneith (other than that the chrome is great).

20. joshtheninja

joshtheninja Well-Known Member

This is a good thread.