KO Masterpiece Beast War Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimis prime, Mar 19, 2019.

1. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Break out the floor polish. ;) 

2. Wheehs

Wheehs Well-Known Member

Came with same leg side lol...

51B9D5FA-EF62-4A4B-AC66-24AB75908363.jpeg

3. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

I just wasn't prepared for how big this guy is. Insane! I figured slightly taller than Optimus Primal, not a good 3-4 inches taller!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my IT-02 the other day, and I have a couple of questions for people who may have had the figure longer and/or have more experience with such fixes...

His feet are a problem. One foot in particular (the one with the tab to hold them together) has a horrendously stiff rotation on it, to the point where I'd probably wind up like Ben's review if I'm not careful. I tried getting a little bike chain dry lube in there to no avail, and some light machine oil made no difference. Since it's a pin (coming up from the bottom) I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about removing it for more thorough lubrication and/or modification, and I'm unsure if any kind of penetrating lubricant (eg Inox) would actually help.

I've also found that the screws which hold the ankle tilt in place are working themselves loose when tilting the ankle. This makes the above more of an issue since it means that foot will almost always have a loose screw holding it in place, making the peg more likely to break. Is this something that can be dealt with using some thread locker or is there a better way, like adding a washer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drewskee

Drewskee Well-Known Member

Is this available anywhere for $70 still? I'm only seeing it on Show Z for $85

6. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    it was on sale

7. northernautobot

northernautobot Frozen Autobot in MN

So I got the KO Dinobot at TFCon that comes in a big brown generic box packaged in beast mode with black foam - which one is this?

8. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    It’s the one that is not the IT.

I’m not sure if the brand was ever discovered.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JohnHan

JohnHan Let's see some of that!

So it seems like general review for IT02 is not that good, but somewhat understandable for the price, right?

From TaoBao it's 50$, would it be a great purchase?
    Shipping cost won't be that expensive too.

I'm guessing there will be a breakage and other problems...what do you think?

10. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Do you think the seller on Taobao can issue replacement parts if needed? If yes, worth it.

11. Prime Sinister

Prime Sinister Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with that foot. Had to remove it at the ankle to transform to beast mode. Did not want to risk breaking it.

12. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a small amount of luck getting some Inox MX5 into it from the top. It's still so stiff that I have to hold the door closed behind it for it to turn, but it does at least turn so I'm going to leave well enough alone. I suspect any penetrating lubricant would probably be suitable (I like the ones with PTFE myself), and likely equally awkward and messy to apply unless you feel like disassembling it (I found some YouTube vids on removing pins, but don't have a suitable magnet).

Also put some Loctite 243 onto the screw. No idea how long I've left it to cure (a week? More?) but it seems to be doing the job well, too. If you've removed that screw it could be worth looking into it so the ankle tilt is a little more solid.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    here's what i did. (got the same issue. i think it's the right foot cant remember)
    1. remove the foot
    2. spray shit-ton of wd40
    3. used a plier to hold the peg? or the one with screw to force the rotation. i think its easier if youll try to rotate both parts in opposite direction.

14. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be mindful here. WD40 isn't a lubricant - it's just a cleaner, even if it's always advertised as a lubricant (it "lubricates" by helping remove the crud restricting movement). It'll probably come loose in the short term, but when the WD40 finishes evaporating it'll be back to square one. That's why I rather Inox, since it's a lubricant as well (MX3 is likely sufficient in this case, as would MX4 - but MX4 has a very distinctive smell). Selley's RP7 is another option if you can't get Inox, and I believe CRC does a penetrating spray lube as well.

But, yeah, that's how I transformed mine the first time, too. Only difference was I have some cheap square-jaw pliers, which I completely forgot to put any kind of padding under so I marked the sleeve anyway. Not like I'll ever really see it, but I'll know... deep down, I'll always know.

15. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

Did that tail ever come in? I just contacted them about a replacement part for mine.

16. Bulleck

Bulleck Ze German Verwandlers!

Bought a NB KO from a cool dude off of eBay...not a professional seller but just a regular guy like you and me...and I must admit i feels pretty ok-ish...I mean you can tell the plastic is not top notch but everything stays in place safe enough for me. Can't compare it to the other versions but for me as someone who more or less has no connection to BW and just tries out BW MP figures out of pure curiosity it is a fine piece of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Is there a general consensus on which of the two options is the better? I’ve got the KO BW Megatron on pre-order and really want a Dinobot to go with him that isn’t going to be $200+. I know the no-brand one has some joint looseness but I’m curious if the ankles and elbows breaking beyond repair is consistent with the IT version?

From what I’m seeing it looks like IT never did a fixed production run and I’ve seen people saying the ankle problems can be mitigated but some people say tighten the screws others have said loosen them so I’m not really sure what would actually help.

18. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara is best, but has a hefty price tag.
    No-brand is next, but has loose joints.
    IT-02 is last, and has widespread breakage.

My suggestion would be to find a used MP Dinobot on the second hand market for about $120 shipped, and eat the extra $50 and be content in the knowledge that he won't fall over or crumble in your hands.

19. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From my experience with the IT Dinobot, I'd say it's worth and I received mine when it was first released. I'll be honest though, I do seem to be in the minority of having no issues aside from some loose joints. No paint issues, no (fingers crossed and knocking on wood) breakages. Biggest issue that I have is some parts not quite fitting together in Raptor mode. That could also be user error so who knows.

With the reputation the IT has I am surprised with how well mine turned out.

20. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

I had the same issue on mine, and I figured it out!
    Got mine from ebay - no name brand for $62.
    Issue: The fake dino head did not stay plugged into the robot chest in robot mode.
    Cause: Turns out the screws holding the center peg on the fake dino head and the socket in the belly button were too big headed.
    Fix: I used a dremel to file down the head of both screws, (as well as shaved a slight bit of plastic around the peg, but I don't think that did much overall.) The screw flattening was the more drastic fix. Nice and snug now! Woot!

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1