KO Masterpiece Beast War Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimis prime, Mar 19, 2019.

1. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends if you want support for any issues found. With KO, it sounded like it had loose joints and things that can't fixed accept by you. Outside of a possibility of missing a part upon arrival or breakage, IT is sending parts out or you can wait and see if there is a IT-02 2.0, which seems like its coming.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Best of luck. I’m thinking of also taking the lower bot mode legs off as well so there should be practically no visible kibble and that could perhaps reduce his chunky butt syndrome- or leave an unflattering gaping hole- time will tell.
    Then the only remaining offender would be those damn blue hinges. Such an irritating little oversight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Interesting, that sounds like something I’d like to see so I might actually give that a go as well when mine arrives. Good thinking. Yeah those blue hinges really do catch your eye don’t they! I don’t understand why doe, even the nb has painted hinges.

4. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Question:
    Mine just arrived in customs, so I'm thinking I've got a bit of a wait…

However, for those of you that already have it, CAN THOSE BUTT FLAPS be removed and added to the Takara version for Dino mode?
    Or is the paint difference enough that, even IF possible, it's not worth it?

Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Opened up my IT copy number 2 to make a start on the CoH customising mission; first step is to drastically reduce the barrel chest and hunchback. So I bit the bullet and pushed a bunch of pins out and took his torso apart to see what it would take to actually compress that sucker.
    3A5C4550-A686-453E-959C-CC7821F96E0A.jpeg
    Then after fiddling around a bit I think I can put him back together with a much more streamlined silhouette but will have to chop off these two hinges circled in red
    9A20217B-796D-407A-A708-8F015018864E.jpeg
    And do a fair bit of supergluing and maybe some sanding on those blue sides.

Not gonna do anything permanent until the weekend so I can make totally sure I’m doing this the right way.

Oh, I also noticed that this one is missing a beast mode foot like someone else’s so I guess I should let show Z know. IT have really destroyed any good will earned from their first release.

• Like Like x 5
  6. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just unboxed mine and after some early reports was expecting it to have limbs all over the box!

Only complaint is chest tab, elbow and shoulders too tight, tail sucks and sword won't fit in. But overall very happy and would recommend, especially for a third of the price!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Opticon

Opticon Keeper of the Golden Disk

Got mine in from ShowZ today, I was expecting a disaster but so for he's not too bad - mostly just tolerance issues,which I can work around with some gentle handling. The tail though...one half won't push out so that I can rotate it around for weapon mode and I can't figure out what's preventing it from moving. There's a small crack in the plastic right near that spot and the joint is now loose as can be so I'll probably break it right off if I keep trying. I may have to see about getting a replacement part.

Edit: Yep, cracked though. The pin that holds that joint together wasn't pushed in enough.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  8. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Having developed a careless disregard for the KO I’m finding I can get a lot more expression out of the shoulders. Removing half the torso also helps...

Classic Dinobot depressed introspection
    92AE2583-5E8B-4C82-A1C8-F9C3E1CEBC52.jpeg

Equally as common unbridled rage
    DE7BF0DB-ABB4-4FD0-ABF2-9510020CE353.jpeg

A less boxy upper body really makes a difference with this guy. Just don’t look at him from behind- it’s like Rhinox in Coming of the Fuzors prt2 back there.

• Like Like x 7
  9. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Wow, what an improvement. Wish the original looked that clean!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Then wherr will you put dino torso ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I got my Dinobot today. Transformed it to dino and back. The bot himself is fine. No major issues there. The issue, like many others, are the accessories. The tail most of all.
    Same bit as others here, where you have to lift the piece before rotating it.

One side actually went okay, but the other side, there was no way to win.
    It seems to me the problem was actually the pin. They either didn't push it in far enough, or they pushed it in so far it came out the other side. Whatever it was, it's not centered and it's sticking out too far on one side, making it impossible for me to raise without breakage.
    I spent about half an hour being as gentle as possible but it was no use. You can see the pin sticking out really far in the first below image. The breakage in the second.

The tail peg also doesn't fit in the hand. The sword peg doesn't fit either.
    So, no major complaints about the bot mode so far, but the tail especially sucks.

I already sent TF-Direct a message about contacting IT for replacement pieces, fingers crossed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Any joy? Mine is still stuck in transit between China and the UK.

Urrghh sorry to hear about this....let me know how that goes...have a feeling I might have to do the same.

13. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

Ah that sucks ...I just got mine now. Hope yours comes soon.

I'm overall pretty happy so far, in terms of look and feel, but still haven't transformed it yet.

Tight joints on arms though - Does anyone know a way of loosening up transformers joints held by a pin? I'm thinking wd-40 might just mess the whole thing up lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed. Glad to see not everyone is suffering the same issues (yet) and that maybe the isolated horror stories were just that.

15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I've been following this thread for some time but I haven't seen it, so I will ask at the risk of being flamed: Does anybody have a pic of the NB next to the IT version?

16. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    yep same as me. perfectly ok with my official , in fact is vastly better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. Revancon

Revancon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't use WD-40, it's not lubricant. Try graphite, it's used on locks. Hope that helps...

20. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Progress report on the back mod-

I decided on how to connect the back panel. Glad I didn’t rush into this and go with my first instinct to just chop things off and glue him up.

Took me a good 90 minutes of gentle carving, filing and sanding by hand (while watching South Park) to reduce the circled area to what you see below so I could attach his spine with a pin
    C74F218C-E111-408D-A3EB-634DF72D2500.jpeg
    So it’s currently just hanging with the base of his spine able to clasp around the die cast block above the tailbone-
    C6744255-4710-4A9D-9CCF-57AE51AAFEEA.jpeg
    This holds pretty well for poses and can also detach to allow for the shoulders to swing backwards or the collar to raise and give Dinobot the appearance of hunching. Something I feel is paramount.

I’ll think about cutting up and re-adding the piece from the top of the back which has been removed so there’s just a bit more blue leading all the way to the base of his neck. Why the heck not?

I’m impressed with how this is going so far and he’s looking good and slim.
    306CE3A2-A997-4D07-B9C0-11CB727FB1F8.jpeg
    E280271F-AD0A-4ED4-890B-C683BE485819.jpeg
    Just the side rib panels to work out next which actually pose the most questions; do they need sanding/reshaping, do parts absolutely need to be cut off, can I attach them to the front or back of the torso, will that require creating connectors- or will they have to be glued to the thigh panels inside his chest making them able to rotate but how stable will that be?

I’ve also been in touch with showZ about that missing raptor foot. Even if I’m never putting the figure in beast mode I still want all the parts as I’d like to rip the claws off so they aren’t noticeable but the arm will still be nice and dense as opposed to the hollow shell it currently is.
    7D4F9AF7-B2C9-4B42-8169-EA5333569568.jpeg

• Like Like x 8