KO Masterpiece Beast War Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimis prime, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    We will se . Hope for the best. I dont need it though. Back to my persona

2. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    OH IT GETS BETTER.

Just got a response in Chinese from the provided email address from Bots and Bits. According to Google Translate it means "I don't understand English."

Glad I contacted ShowZ direct as well.

3. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Lmao what a shitshow..

4. Lothar Hex

News Credits:
    Yeah. I own 3 KOs and honestly after I get Dinobot sorted I'm gonna swear off them and probably stick to a few better known 3rd party stuff and retail. IT-01 was great. My KO Soundwave was "acceptable" (minor issues that don't affect the look or transformation). This has pretty much ruined ITs reputation. If I do want a KO I won't be preordering and will wait in future. Just got excited to have a Dinobot at a (personally) reasonable price.

I mean yeah. It's a KO so you realistically should expect a couple of blemishes. But IT01 built their reputation as a good company and they shat on it.

So outside of the breakage he had a couple of minor issues. The sword didn't want to fit in his hand so I filed it a little. The holes on the dino legs that lock it to the torso were too small for the tabs on the torso. A couple of minutes with the file sorted that. And the robot mode torso had the tabbing tolerance issue. See THAT would be annoying but acceptable for a KO. Not this.

Edit: So the email provided is apparently for Mainland China only. Contact the seller according to the response.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fracture

Fracture Well-Known Member

Can anyone do a consensus on which ones people ordered? It seems like there are two versions. IT-02 and a no name KO for cheaper.

Are they both trash? Which one has which issues?

6. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading through the comments, the no-name has loose joints. The IT-02, as Oku puts it, explodes.

7. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I said the official one explodes.

8. Lothar Hex

News Credits:
    Both have issues. No name is loose joints and some breakage on the hands claws. IT-02 has various issues including broken joints, hands, tails etc.

9. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like the KO explodes as well.

I think we both know who is the blame...

megumin_explosion_da_by_rizkyms_da1prrp-fullview.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    You can't apply the same standard for a different price point. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diggadeydaz

Diggadeydaz Member

Recieved mine today

With the exception of the chest plate tabbing, which I think can be fixed with either floor polish or a bit of filling (havent really looked into it yet) - I cant complain. I'm very pleased.

Joints are all fine, no tightness or looseness. Paint it really good, with no sloppiness. Moldings like teeth sharp.

I can only speak for my own, and not others. But I'm pleased with mine. Was wincing opening it this morning and upon inspection was very pleasantly surprised.

The closest recent analogy for a recent figure would be the AOD Powerglide (DX9 Rictofen KO). It may not quite match the original pound-for-pound quality and finish wise, though it is very, very close. But it's not far off and definitely a great value propostion at less than a 3rd of the cost of the original.

So to those who have one on the way.... dont panic just yet. Mine's cool and you may be very surprised upon having it in hand.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    floor polish wont work. you need to modify the parts a lot at various place around the faucet. Main reason is still becasue there is no actual tabbing on those 4 small tabs where TT actually has to hold on the whole ribbcage
    your lower elbow ratchets are good ? mine is stupidly tight and one already break , now it's only friction joint , but at least it can move now. Waist swivel and right ankle rotation are too tight too , to the point i dont want to twist them anymore.
    How's your piece transformation also aside from chest tabbing ? do you find it frustrtating at the leg disassemble and last steps where you tab the dino back on the legs and vice versa ? because that's where lots of people have problems with the piece.
    Anyhow glad that you enjoy it.

13. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just transformed mine, apart from clipping the shoulder hinges to the legs going to dino mode being insanely tight it all seems ok.

Never owned an official to compare it to though.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    yep that's one frustration part. Official is very smooth and easy.

15. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Well Show Z shipped out my order. Hopefully it doesn't break.

16. Deshawn

Deshawn Decepticon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My copy from my shipment supply
    IMG_20190809_221959~2.jpg IMG_20190809_222302~2.jpg IMG_20190809_221637~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184249~2.jpg IMG_20190809_222156~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184234~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184512~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184542~2.jpg IMG_20190809_222021~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184448~2.jpg IMG_20190809_184122~2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

LOL things seem to be the other way round now... I was waiting fot the IT but now I am more tempted by the no brand , only thing that puts me off is the lighter shade of flesh

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Well, I’ve been saying it since day one of seeing the official figure’s promotional images and I’ve finally done it; Dinobot’s raptor legs are now the right way around!
    27FB98B5-8BB7-4CB8-84B2-198DFFC63E2D.jpeg
    And all it took was a tiny screwdriver.

These are the parts I had to remove-
    9B0F82C4-818B-4C3E-8D85-B61FBFBFEDA9.jpeg
    Start by unscrewing both arms under the shoulder/armpit, then pry out that little screw cover on the forearms, unscrew those parts and then swap them over to the opposite arm, then reattach the arms to the opposite side they came from and hey presto- beast mode is now bangin’.
    57B96F06-8F38-43BB-85C6-D625700ADB03.jpeg
    I also took the shoulder pads off just to see if that improved things and I think it does so I’m gonna whack them back in the box- although there is always the option to have Dinobot wear a fetching crown to further display his sense of superiority over his Maximal comrades.
    07926F04-9A8F-4D63-8BA1-9425AF1B2083.jpeg

For a mini review I’ll say that the torso tabbing issue in bot mode is absolutely real. That thing will not seal up. No way no how. And the lower part of the elbow bend is quite stiff so really coddle that joint with your thumb and finger when moving it.
    Paint is a bit sloppy in places and I reckon it’s every bit as prone to scratch off as the original. There’s an interesting texture to this guy as if I can feel the paint on my fingertips. That’s very prominent with the official MPs due to the application method but it’s a different sensation here.
    Transformation took me ages because I haven’t ever done a bot to beast mode run with Dinobot, didn’t use a video and the instructions aren’t all that but I think I know my way around the guy now.

However, if you’re afraid of yours arriving and fear it will crumble in your hands, allow me to ease your mind because I used a fair bit of force at times during transformation and nothing broke or even seemed like it might. There are obviously some very small ‘high risk’ parts so treat them accordingly. I did stress the back panel when lifting it to insert the tail but that’s my fault because I should’ve remembered the correct configuration for those side parts to avoid that happening.

So- at this point, after so many initial reports of various figures I’ve bought being brittle and ‘exploding’ upon contact- only to find that they’re totally fine when I handle them- I have to assume that the majority of issues are ‘user-error’ and brought about by mishandling/manhandling the figures.
    If you’re patient, only use appropriate force and hold parts close to the joints when moving them then odds are you won’t end up with a pile of plastic shards in your lap.

All in all, for a third of the official’s cost, it’s probably about 2/3 the quality so that’s a good deal in my book. I love the butt-panel add on and the colour of the Golden Disc- even if it does say ‘TH| SOUNDS O| |ARTM’
    It’s no replacement for the official (even if they did fix that notorious shoulder ratchet issue) but, so far, it seems to serve every purpose for which I bought it. Next up- begin CoH custom with my 2nd copy!

• Like Like x 10
  19. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Any ideas what could be causing the torso not to tab properly?

20. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Can’t say for sure- supposedly sanding this part down could help-
    [​IMG]
    I guess you want zero contact here for max compression but also the actual tab parts don’t have a lip on them so there’s no way to actually grip into the slots. They just slide in and then slide straight back out.

• Like Like x 2