KO Masterpiece Beast War Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimis prime, Mar 19, 2019.

1. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    This thread is buuuzzziiinnggg! I love it!

2. Bebe13

Bebe13 Well-Known Member

Arguably the best Beast Wars character
    I’ll definitely pick it up if it is well made.

The actual figure design seems very complex. I hope it works turns out like the IT Megatron.

3. byronicbluez

byronicbluez Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I had MP 36 but unloaded it when I got IT1. I currently have the MP Dinobot. He doesn't have shoulder issues (yet) but I don't have the guts to transform ever again. I will pick this up. The question is will I unload MP 41 if IT2 turns out to be better than the official? I wanted to support HasTak as much as possible, but when KOs are better than the original for 1/3 the price, it is a hard sell.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Does the original even have a Maximal symbol on him? I can’t recall if he did in the show or not.

I missed him the first time around and given how well received IT’s Megatron was, I may just go that way instead.

6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    No maximal symbol, as he didn't wear one in the show...so no need for repro labels on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Great. :)  I'm planning on getting the reissue if I can but this is certainly not a bad alternative especially if this fixes the issues the original had and for a lower price.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I don't care about that. However they need my explicit permission to like what I don't like ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. That's what the links reveal. I was thinking the same thing.

11. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all of the Beast Wars MP, but Inifinite Transformation versions of Cheetor and Primal that don't have flimsy weak paint would be good. People can't really mess with those 2 without something begging to get scuffed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    That's how mental projection works.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if it sells well enough that it encourages them to make more that is all good I guess.
    I down right refuse to buy the majority of MP's when they have fantasy pricing on principle.

If they are sneaky they come make a Dalmation spotted BW Grimlock as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I have the official and I bought an e-clip but still haven't opened it. I wonder if it's better for me to just keep waiting and see how this compares.

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Fantasy pricing. That's one way to look at it.

16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well some of the MP-10 (with Trailer) reissues are a bit outlandishly Priced - Beast Megatron is priced more like what they thought they could get for it that what it costs.

The only "Small" excuse is the low production run meaning the unit price has to be recouped not in volume but in unit cost - the problem I have with that is - they can easily increase the production run by 20% or more and sell some on the Hasbro Pulse shop. It also really does not excuse the price of "Some" MP-10 repaints - epecially the 7-11 one.

The reason I tend to think the price is fantastical though is simply because Ultra Magnus simply wasn't anywhere near as pricely as some of them - neither was Star Saber and those are both on the large side. heck even Movie 2007 Megatron (who is still pretty expensive) is still less expensive than some of them and he has to pay Paramount a fee on the toy too.

So that does at least prove that sharing a production run with Hasbro does keep the price slightly less insane. But the cheapest I can get one is still a hair under £97.00 (but at least he's fairly big) and Kapow charges £140.00.

So I tend to say.... Nah I'd much rather spend that sort of money on Third party or most of an entire line of "Normal toys". Now if they were a bit more premium and they paint was more bullet proof so they felt like they earned the price i'd be less bothered by the pricing. But some MP's really don't feel that special... I also find when I buy a version of a character in MP form and 3rd party form I do a reasonable portion of the time prefer the 3rd party one.

I think the problem with them is that they are competing with sale items too - for example the price of a Dinobot isnt that far away from an entire TFC Defensor on sale or a goodly chunk of the siege line. I'd certainly welcome an MP dinobot real or not. But I'm not buying one until I can get one at a price that doesn't raise so much of an eyebrow.

17. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It's the same mold. No different than discussing a repaint. Besides as was shown, others were receptive to the alternative option and would not have known about it otherwise.
    The others just need a chill pill. It's nothing for them to hyperventilate over.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

But this is the Transformers fandom...
    Screenshot_142.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    This isn't about what you own - I'm talking generally. I have MP-36 and I absolutely have regrets - I'm afraid of TOUCHING him because every time I do, more of him gets damaged, and I'm extremely careful with him. I'm far from the only one in this camp, and the IT KO is undoubtedly better.
    But the thing is, TakaraTomy will make plenty of money regardless, so who cares? They're a giant multi-national corporation - some of us buying KOs instead of the real deal isn't going to hurt their bottom line, especially if we never intended to get those figures to begin with, if only because of the ludicrous prices.
    And besides, you said it yourself - some of these KOs fix flaws on the original figures.
    Okay, fair enough, it's cheaper for KOs to be produced because the design already exists, but if we're paying triple digits for these figures, they shouldn't have flaws that need fixing.
    Paint that chips, shoulders that break, plastic that mars, chrome that wears off, and paint issues right out of the box? NONE of this should exist.
    If TakaraTomy are going to sell these figures as high-end collectables, they need to be high-end collectables, not just cost the same.
    Good. I will drink their salty tears.

• Like Like x 1