KO Masterpiece Beast War Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimis prime, Mar 19, 2019.

1. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I own the official, but I will buy one of these for my bro...he is a dinobot fan, but not a TF collector....so he wants the MP but does not want to pay for it. This will be the perfect way to get him his dinobot.

2. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

dude gtfo with this bs, trying to tell us how to spend our money. If you don't like KOs or care enough about how they are made to think they are 'wrong' then don't come into a KO thread talking down on the rest of us like you have some moral high ground, ESPECIALLY since you already have your own MP Dinobot. And yes some of us "can't afford it"... not necessarily cus we don't have the money... but because if we were to spend that much money on ONE figure in a single purchase we'd be left skint. Heck, some are even students with tight collecting budget since they can't all work due to their studies. I love this figure but hell no it ain't worth over 300 to me and many others, why would I buy this ONE figure for that much when I could get 3 or even 4 figures (KO or 3P) with that cash... what just to tell myself ' yay I have an official.. it has paint and hardware issues... but hey at least it ain't a KO! ... even tho the KO is better designed' ? ... if that helps you sleep at night and have the cash ... then good for you. At the end of the day, we are the ones getting representations we are happy with of characters that we love and spending way less. Lol some KOs can be on a shelf and you'd never know they ae KOs and some you would cus they look better, yall acting like Takara is gonna come and give you a medal for ONLY buying official.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

From Transfans FB Screenshot_2019-03-20-19-55-25-03.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Is the chest more vertically squished or am I just crazy? Something looks "off" about the fake chest head but it might just be the prototype grey coloring throwing it off for me.

5. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

yup, it looks like frog's head. also i think the shoulder a bit off as well

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It's the hall of mirrors version of the mold.

7. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

he aint transformed right...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Checked out and he's alright.

Maybe they just forgot to transform the shoulders right, but he's fine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

News Credits:

I think it might be the light and shadow obscuring the detail that makes it look off (plus it looks a bit mis-transformed and the raptor paint details are missing):

Sina Visitor System

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I am all over this. Real MP Dinobot is just too expensive, never going to buy it, already decided it wasn't for me. Hard pass. But for less than a hundred bucks? Okay, I'll bite.

As for the chest, it looks right to me. I think it's just the lack of paint making the snout look very wide. Harder to differentiate the top surface from the sides, it all runs together in grey. Plus the bottom tip is hidden in shadow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Own the original, not getting this, but I wholly approve of a Dinobot more people can afford. He’s a great figure.

The prototype looks fine, it’s just the angle of the shot and that the shoulders are mistransformed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

These new pics make him look like he has no teeth in bot mode.

And old man wrinkles on his cheeks.

This must be "Alternate-Universe Dinobot" where code of hero didn't happen and he became an old man.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    He comes with three sets of dentures, so you can customize his look. Or in case he forgets where he put them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The angling of the upper arms is making him look off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Definitely want to see MP Primal, Cheetor, and BW Megatron from this company. I had no plans to collect BW but this would change my mind in a hurry based off of IT quality. The MP-36 was wonderful compared to the TT version.

• Like Like x 5
  16. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    But the original figures existing is what makes the KO possible. Of course the KO are better, they get to take a fully engineered product, and fix the few flaws and then just crank them out at the factory. We have to support the officials as well or they will go away and so will the KOs.

With that said I think it's a disturbing trend to see prices like this especially with the QC as you mentioned. Dinobot and MP BW Megatron are shockingly priced and MP-44 blows them out of the water!!! I already chose not to get Sunstreaker because car bot MPs were around $75-$85 and he came in over $120 and I no longer felt that it was worth it. I'm in the same camp as you where I will get figures like Sunstreaker as a KO but I didn't lose Takara money cause I chose not to buy him anyway. If there was no KO I would just never get to own that mold.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Same here.
    I might buy Blackarachnia if she fells in my price range Otherwise I'll be happy with the coming legends scaled toy.

18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    upload_2019-3-20_12-39-50.png

19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I said this in the official Dinobot news thread. I'm ethically against KO's as a rule...however I paid for my official Dinobot, more than I felt it was worth but I paid it, to support the official product. Now I've started double dipping on Beast Wars MPs as the reissues are announced I was worried what I'd do when Dinobot gets a reissue...now I'm thinking this might be what I go with....especially if it's of the same quality as IT-01 and fixes some of the existing issues (shoulders, battery drain) with the original official release.

I am not and never will be a 'wait for the KO" kinda guy, I think it's only fair to reward TT for thier hard work rather that reward KO companies for stealing it....but I've already done that and I'm not too fond of paying full price for a back up copy that I only really feel the need for becuase there were issues with the my original official copy.

• Like Like x 4
  20. BluScorpio

BluScorpio Quick_WFC

yeah, my official dinobot copy has the ugly battery issue too. I definitely hope IT can fix that issue for their version

• Like Like x 1