KO Maketoys Utopia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Dec 22, 2015.

1. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

Really? Maybe you should look at ebay for any of the MP carbots...

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The MP car robots are not made by a 3P company.

3. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Igear has made KOs of Has/tak stuff, Faith Leader comes to mind.

4. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Curious, so far we haven't had KOs of 3P figures that beat the original in terms of quality, so most people that own the original are still pretty happy that they do. However, if KOs can truly rival the build quality of some of these figures, like Feral Rex, how would people feel about it then?

5. robh

robh Decepticon

I think the people that own the KO warbotron products would beg to differ. I only have the legit ones, but I've heard the KOs are better than Warbo's product.

6. olevelo

Well they're made by someone, who makes money, who is not HasTak...therefore they are a 3P company by definition. You could say FT, MT, MMC, BC, do not do KO's, but that's not really what was said.

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those MP car boxes say Takara. They are counterfeit products. Not related to third party TFs.

8. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I strongly suggest that you buy Weijiang KO AOE hound, it's much better than Hasbro's, after I have that, I really don't feel the need to keep Hasbro one. That's the one I own, besides that, I heard other Weijiang KO AOE dinobots are also great, better, heavier.
    And the soon will be released AOE Optimus Prime, all seems better than original ones.

9. kai_bo

kai_bo Well-Known Member

well since a couple awesome people already proved you wrong, there's no need to add. But to clarify, I was talking more on the lines as 3p using TF characters in general. If you were hasbro and made something special like TFs, and someone comes along and takes those characters, without your permission/rights, and sells their own versions of them, you'd be pissed. Some 3ps are very talented though

But ya the KO thing, 3ps don't have right to be mad since they're the ones stealin' characters in the first place. Maybe they should just take it as a form of flattery haha

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Mine says Takasa Tony.

11. olevelo

As deaculpa said, the new ones say Takasa. I get what you're trying to say, there's a philosophical difference between KO companies and "true" 3P companies...however legally, there's not a lot of difference (we could get into the discussion of stealing likenesses versus stealing engineering, etc., but that's not my point). The point I was originally making was the OP said no 3P companies were knocking off Takara. Maybe he truly meant "traditional" 3P companies, but the way he said it, it sounded like he didn't think there were any HasTak KO's out there at all.

12. jcblazer

jcblazer Well-Known Member

While I do enjoy 3rd Party offerings (MakeToys does produce quality products) I do not see how one can be upset at the fact this is happening. If any of these 3rd party companies owned the IP rights to any of these toys, they could sue. But, they were characters that were originally produced by another company, so you will never see a 3rd company own the rights to a Utopia, who is modeled after Metroplex. I believe it was a Moderator on this board who said something along the lines of "not being a 3rd party fan, or a Hasbro fan" but being a "Transformers" fan. This goes along those lines. If I see a third party toy I like, I am going to purchase it and not worry about Hasbro's bottom line. Likewise, if there is a KO of a 3rd party item at a reasonable price, with good quality, I will but it. I was not going to purchase Utopia for $400.00. It is hypocritical to condone a KO of a Hasbro product and get all pissy over a KO of a third party product.
    As far as MakeToys bottom line, I would wager that they made their money back and more for the original Utopia. But we will never know, because they are made by these 3rd companies, who are shrouded in mystery. For this price tag, I will buy this as a KO for sure. For anyone to point their finger at any company for doing a KO, acting like Judge and Jury is a bit self-righteous. Now, if one condemned 3rd parties from the get-go and never purchased one, that person would be justified. But then, I would ask what that person was doing on the 3rd party section of this site anyway, other than to troll.

13. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Hmmm... interesting!

14. afotey

afotey afoteyannum.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The purist in me wants the "official" Maketoys version.

The collector father of four in me wants this KO version for my kids to play with.

Looks like I'm getting both!

#ProblemSolved

15. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KO Utopia

Nothing new to see...check link below.

16. robh

robh Decepticon

This is a good point.. My kids loved playing with gen metroplex. If this comes in at the right price I may get this just as a toy regardless of size.

17. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll wait for the price of the original to drop further. He's reached 320 before. Let's say the original drops to 270, I'd rather go with the original at that price than the KO at 230.

19. robh

robh Decepticon

Ouch! It better be OS or there isn't really a point. Wasn't utopia on sale at one point for ~300

20. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering Dystopia sells for $379, I hope they also make that color version for $229.