KO Henkei Optimus Prime Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Benscollectables, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Benscollectables

Benscollectables Decepticon, Supreme Class

Ebay:
  2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent, review! I think I'll go for the Botcon version.

3. Benscollectables

Ebay:
    Thanks buddy, yeah I'm tempted by that one as well :) 

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Wow it looks surprisingly good! And I own 2 KOs of this mold

5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since I saw the pics on chimungmung of this new ko, I thought it was very more solid than the previous replicas... I'll buy one for sure :)  Thanks Ben for the review

6. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my KO SG Prime today. It's solid! Joints are tight, and I can't sense any weak spots. The paint apps are crisp, but they look like they could use a heavier coat in a few places.

This is easily the best KO I've ever seen so far.

7. Benscollectables

Ebay:
    I'm going to have to get the shattered glass one my self now lol, why I didn't buy them both in them first place I don't know ...

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Very nice! He looks absolutely dead on to the real deal. I may have to look up the SG one now...

9. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll see if I can snap some photos, and test its compatibility with Commander armor.

10. Benscollectables

Ebay:
    Thanks buddy, wish I could but i sold all my armours prior to this being released

11. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Preliminary report: Commander armor fits. Everything is snug. The shoulder armor doesn't sit completely, but I'd say it's on there 95%. The bumper took a little effort to fold up.

For additional clarify, my expanded critique from a PM exchange:

-edit-

Picturegraphs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  12. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

He has a link for both new and old version?

13. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This updated KO (I've only seen Ben's review of the Henkai-version) is the one with the upgraded mold (side windows with separate plastic window pieces in the shoulders & doors), correct?

TOYMODA.COM - ROBOT IN STOCK

I did some checking around Toymoda's site - they have the pair, which is a decent price for what they are.

However... there's also this (SG Silver Stripe KO):

and this (SG Blue Stripe KO):

Are these the older version (with the mold degredation/candle wax melting effect) that were up at KOTOYS.com back in the day?

From the shots, I can't tell if the shoulder-window is moded in, or is the updated mold.

In other words, to get the updated KO SG Classics Prime - do you have to buy them in the set - or is there a link that you got it separately from, Process?

I might bite and get both, as the Powermaster Prime from Xovergen comes without a Prime, and would work well with the Red/Blue updated KO.

14. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. blaynescott

Ebay:

Chimungmung? Damn, didn't know they had them too. I *just* finished a purchase through Toymoda.
    It's just as well -- there's way too much stuff on Chimungmung I would have impulse-bought to 'save on shipping'. ;) 

Looks like the revised/improved KO's are about the same price - I bought both figures for $94~, then broke down and got the matching Dr. Wu swords, since they were cheaper there than anywhere else.

How's shipping through Chimungmung? Some overseas Chinese sellers seem to undercharge for EMS shipping (it is fairly cheap, at least when I was working in South Korea, mailing stuff to Canada) - while others like Toymoda charged $30 to Canada.

Thanks for the info though Process. :) 

16. process

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Per the product page, $12 by Airmail. I rarely use EMS since it's usually like, minimum $35 for me.

17. xMostWanted559x

I wished we had a KO seller in america....Chimungmung wants like 20 bucks a figure I think for KO Primes

18. blaynescott

Ebay:
    It gives the option for airmail at Chimungmung? Damn. Toymoda only showed EMS as an option, and that cost $30.00US.

I'm in Canada, but typically shipping from China to anywhere in North America is about the same. *hangs head for having lost money*

19. xMostWanted559x

how bad are the old versions? im still tempted to get a city commander with magnus Ko for 75 bucks shipped

20. blaynescott

Ebay:
    I can't speak for the new versions, as they haven't arrived for me yet --

but the older, higher-end versions are still awesome. The ones done in wacky colors (red-headed optimus, etc.) without the tampographs/paint apps felt very KO-ish to me. The ones with paint apps (CHMS? I think?) were great for what they were.

The reason why both my Nemesis and SG Classics KOs wound up in my part box (see my PowerMaster Action Master custom for what's left of Nemesis, heh) are pretty minor though:

If you plan on moving the arms and legs around a ton, the screws that hold the plastic will eventually wear down. Also, that plastic does not take paint thinned with a caustic thinner (Mr Hoby or Tamiya) very well. On normal factor ABS, it's strong enough to absorb the thinner and still function. The KO's shoulder joints disintegrated when I painted one area on them. (As in, I came home after work, and the arm was on the floor. I was convinced my apartment's repairman broke it until I realize it was my own fault).

So - if they're for display and occasional Transforming, they're awesome. Some softness in the molding (face, tech. detailing), but not too bad.

One thing about the KO city commander armors: Loose as crap. Unless you plan on jamming some cardboard in there, or permanently affixing it to the figure, I'd opt for an official City Armor. Watch out for the back-flaps (folds around grill in Armor mode), or any areas near metal pins on the KO armors. So very fragile.