KO G1 Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Zodiac1968340, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Codigo Postal

Codigo Postal Well-Known Member

Paying more for less does seem to be the slogan of our modern era (but that's better saved for the thread in General Discussion).

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really ? is their a thread for this ? I wouldnt be interested in a trypticon but maybe a giga storm

• Like Like x 1
  3. Codigo Postal

Codigo Postal Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

In regards to the undersized Titan class KO of Trypticon, most of the commenters have stated that there are omissions of 5 MM peg holes where they should be, and that the purple vehicle, Full Tilt, isn't included. Though there are photos of the prototype which shows it with several accessories including a Cobra HISS tank. I wouldn't mind one myself, but I ended up getting this as it was on sale:

NBK K-SR03 King of the Gatling Limited Version

I'll probably use this as an additional Decepticon base (once I leave it in mid-transformation to create a random-looking base mode...LOL)

Thanks for posting up photos of the box art and the sticker sheet. I'm definitely picking this one up on Aliexpress, not the one listed on ebay for approx $100 USD, as it still comes with an extra handgun for SixShot, and no weapon for Scamper (or whatever their respectable names are for the Decepticon release).

I needed to populate the soon-to-be-arriving Metroplex, so I ended up purchasing a handful of G1 Micromasters and some of the recent Kingdom releases...that really hurt my wallet. :( 

I plan to buy a G1 Motormaster and Onslaught (and I'll need his ramp too) just to connect to Metroplex. One bit of interesting information is that the Japanese releases had a launching mechanism, but the Hasbro releases had that feature removed. Do not worry, I just found a site where you can buy the parts to make them functional again!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/167...c_type=ss&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1&cns=1

I'm sure there's other sellers that will have this available...in 3D print form?

Anyway, there's my 5 cents on this topic.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday, can report some chrome scrape on the legs, No big deal but with that out of the way

BUY IT

If you’re on the fence just buy it, I’ve never seen 30 dollars go so far in value, nothing is loose besides the helipad shoulder but even my g1 had the problem, stickers are great no missing parts or odd qc. Hell i might even buy metrotitan even though I don’t have the space. This thing really brought the kid out in me again in ways Generations/mainline never could.
    You could do so much worse with 30 dollars I guarantee it will make you smile.

Bring on Raiden is all I can say

• Like Like x 3
  6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

I will Pick up Metrotitan, especially if he comes with Metrobomb, and Scorponok and Black Zarak would be great as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  8. CypherZero

I, like many others, look forward to buying this Metrotitan once it becomes available through AliExpress!

Just looking at the link provided, used Google Translate and discovered some interesting tidbits:

After Metrotitan will be Scorponok. Depending on the sales, they will then release Black Zarak. If the sales for Black Zarak are high, then they will release Fortress Maximus. Trypticon won't be KO'd because they are prohibited from installing electrical components in it.

That's what I was able to surmise from the comments on that page.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CypherZero

Having received the package of this KO G1 Metroplex, I was disappointed that the decal sheet was placed on the back of the toy, which had resulted in several deep crease marks throughout the sheet. But this decal sheet has a nice thick layer of plastic, and when the decals were applied, there was very little evidence of the crease marks (unless one was aware of this and took a closer look at them.) The figure itself has a nice shade of grey, reminiscent of the generic grey color of buildings. As mentioned from the previous buyers, the chrome finish on the upper thighs is coarse in appearance. Chrome finish on the face and missile bay is more of a matte finish, which does look better. The blue eyes on the face, were slightly upturned giving him a saddened look (could be worse though). The overall plastic quality is good, and I was very pleased with the quality of the black plastic as it had a matte sheen and was very firm, not bendable and shiny like the recent KO release found on ebay. This version of Metroplex comes with ALL of his accessories. The black missiles don't shoot out as there are no springs inside. Looks great with the factory decals put on, and here's a comparison photo next to the King of the Sniper robots.

IMG_20240504_085037_HDR a.jpg IMG_20240503_222922_HDR a.jpg

The G1 Metroplex is capable of having the G1 Gestalt team leaders interconnect in city mode, with no attachment connectors required. However, due to this Metroplex being a KO, I was unable to get Scattershot's wing prongs to tab into the rectangular slot. It was the same issue with getting Hot Spot part to tab in as well, so now I'm wondering whether this is a molding issue? Silverbolt and Onslaught will fit in nicely with no issues. I don't have the ramp for Silverbolt, which is why it looks rather incomplete. G1 Minibots work well with the G1 Metroplex (as they should since they're small enough for this) however, I personally feel that the G1 Micromasters are the ideal 'bots for this, and of course, the Dr Wu micro robots as well.

IMG_20240505_232306 a.jpg IMG_20240505_232336 a.jpg IMG_20240505_232354 a.jpg IMG_20240505_232430 a.jpg IMG_20240505_232454 a.jpg IMG_20240505_232507 a.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

Where is everyone getting this Megtroplex?

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Aliexpress/Temu, I believe.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Transformers Metroplex Oversize Bootleg Vintage Robot Toy | eBay

So it isn't larger than the original?

14. TFDIRECT

TFDIRECT TFDIRECT

• Like Like x 1
  15. CypherZero

Most of us are getting it from AliExpress. That's where I got mine from for less than $50 CDN (which includes shipping...or free shipping) All depends on which seller you buy it from.

• Like Like x 2
  16. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

So the stickers are the same as the G1, minus the Autobot insignia?

18. CypherZero

Yes, the stickers provided are the factory stickers, excluding the Autobot logos. However, due to copyright issues, they've taken creative liberties with some of the decals, for example the helicopter pad.

If you want to enhance the city even more, you can order a custom decal sheet from Toyhax.

Upgrade for Metroplex

Here are some photos (from a G1 Metroplex I used to own) which has these decals applied:
    DSC_0308 a.jpg DSC_0309 a.jpg DSC_0310 a.jpg DSC_0311 a.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:

Looks great, but ironically the stickers cost more than the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CypherZero

Yes, and sadly that is so true. If they had a set just for updating the "interior", that would be a set I would consider purchasing.

• Like Like x 1