KO G1 Dinobot reviews Grimlock Slag Sludge Snarl Swoop

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by CVprowl, Jul 17, 2014.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I was looking for reviews of these figures and never found any on here. I have only finished 1 review so far, my first ever :) , but I'll work on the others ASAP.

This is a look at the KO G1 Snarl Dinobot figure available for purchase nowadays usually from Chinese sellers. I bought this about a month and I am pleased. I just wanted to share the good and bad of the figure for others looking to possibly make the purchase.

Thank you for watching in advance. It was fun to do a review and I'd appreciate any helpful comments you have for me. I hope its not too boring. :)  My camera is nothing fancy. I hope that quality doesn't get in the way of people enjoying the review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4-47UUOrQ&feature=youtu.be

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I got the whole set for $110 plus shipping a few weeks ago, and all figures have issues. I was hoping they'd be better, but they all feel like what they are, knockoffs, and not quality reissues.

Problems:
    -Grimlock has loose lower t-rex legs, so in robot mode, the foreams want to slide out over the fists all the time
    -Grimlock has a molding issue on his chest metal bar making it risky to move the chest up for robot mode because there isn't enough clearance
    -Grimlock's sword won't fit because of extra plastic flash
    -Slag has very loose fists that don't stay out
    -Slag's weapons are loose in both fists
    -Swoop has a very loose left wing
    -Swoop's launchers don't fit at all his wings (posts are too wide and too long)
    -Snarl's tail has molding issues and doesn't close properly
    -Snarl's dino head also has molding issues and doesn't close properly
    -Snarl's robot chest has a nasty gap in the middle
    -Sludge's lower dino jaw moves more or less freely in the dino head
    -several chroming issues on all 5 Dinobots, making the chrome black/dirty

3. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

well, with zero comments on the video i haven't really been motivated to do any more of them. :)  no worries, I'm a busy guy anyways.

i did find some video reviews on them now, the guy is just gushing over them and keeps saying they are, "spot on" which just isn't true. i like them, but that is misrepresenting them. if you are interested in me finishing off the KO set you better let me know. :) 

4. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a set of ko reissue dinobots I purchased a year or two ago that are pretty much 'spot on' imo. your dinobots aren't the same set though. for example your snarl figure has chrome missles and the original had black missles so these you have are a different set.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i just noticed i think i used the wrong missile there. i'll probably redo this video before i do any more.

do you have the prominent gap in your snarl's chest? do the missiles on your swoop fit in the wings?

6. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them ! Thanks :) 

My KO Snarl doesn't seem to be able to stand on his rear legs in Dino mode, almost as if his tail keeps his feet from touching, and his Dino head is darker than I remember on my original when I was young, but he still looks good.

7. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no gap in my snarl chest and the missles fit fine on swoops wings. I haven't had any fitment issues and even the stickers are still good after a year.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Had to cut the posts to fit Swoop's missiles, they were too long and rounded.

9. sturmmorser2000

sturmmorser2000 Member

I'd like to see the sludge review!