KO G1 Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by HenshinTension, Aug 14, 2014.

1. HenshinTension

HenshinTension AKA the TokuNut!

I've always wanted a G1 Computron of my very own but the aftermarket prices for MISB box sets were always out of my price range. I could pick up a loose set, yes, but nothing beats the feeling brand new plastic feels. So I saw this KO set up on Lunar Toy Store and decided to take a chance and see if it was worth the $85 he was going for. The short answer? Yes. The long answer? See below!

Group Shot Alts.jpg

First off this is a fairly high quality KO set. Is it perfect? No but what is these days? There's some mold flash on nearly every figure but that's nothing a file can't fix in a few seconds. The plastic feels great in the hand unlike a lot of KO products on the market. Nothing feels thin or brittle which is a nice plus. There are some unfortunate flaws on a few of my figures but nothing deal breaking (I will go into more detail on each figure below). As a group these guys look great in both alt mode and bot mode. Everything is SUPER tight on these guys (almost too much so in some cases).

Group Shot Bots.jpg

Strafe

Strafe Alt.jpg

Strafe is probably the only one without any flaws on him. Everything is tight and there was little to no mold flash on him. Overall a great figure.

Strafe Bot.jpg

Afterburner

Afterburner Alt.jpg

Afterburner is nice and tight in alt mode but a little loose in the legs in bot mode (though that may simply be the design of the figure and not an issue with this figure itself). Bot mode unfortunately has some paint scratches on his chest. He still looks great regardless.

Afterburner Bot.jpg

Nosecone

Nosecone Alt.jpg

Alt mode looks great though his treads are a little loose feeling (again, may simply be the design of the figure). He does have some paint issues with some sloppy silver paint on his right fender but it's not overly noticeable. The leg joint on Nosecone is EXTREMELY tight. I was worried it was going to break when I transformed him the first time. It's still pretty tight but it's working itself out the more I mess with him.

Nosecome Bot.jpg

Lightspeed

LS Alt.jpg

Alt mode is nice but there is a bit of scuffing on the windshield and a bit of mold flash here and there but nothing too major. In bot mode the only issue (other than the feet being REALLY tough to pull out) is a minor scuff on the top of the bot mode head.

LS Bot.jpg

Scattershot

SS Front.jpg

SS Side.jpg

Some minor mold flash and spots where the plastic was clipped but nothing extreme. The spring loaded cannon works perfectly. Bot mode is pretty much perfect though the head is a bit tough to pull up at times.

SS Cannon Mode.jpg

SS Bot.jpg

Computron

Computron.jpg

The combined form is pretty nice overall. The right leg feels like it's a little short and the feet don't line up 100% but again, this may be how the authentic version is. The one major issue I've noticed is the combined mode rifle's peg is too thick to fit in either Scattershot's or the combined mode's hands. I will have to file it down a bit when I get the chance. Otherwise, this is a fantastic piece that will looks great on my shelf next to Quantron (when he eventually releases).

One thing to note is that the set from Lunar Toy Store does not come with the outer box (it still comes in the styrofoam portion) or the stickers so don't be shocked if you order one from them and they aren't there. All of the guns are included (didn't take a photo of it).

Overall I think this is a great set for a great price. For something to mess around with and put on a shelf it's a great value and I highly recommend picking him up in you are in the market!

2. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

How did they not give you the box or the stickers? You got ripped off, I have this exact set complete with box and stickers.

3. HenshinTension

To be fair they clearly stated that it didn't come with the outer box in their listing and I figured he didn't come with stickers based on the photos on their site. I've heard KO stickers aren't the best so I was planning on getting the reprolabel set anyway. I also don't keep boxes for most of my stuff (especially if it's a KO box) so the fact he didn't come with either didn't really bother me.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I have this set…I love it. Super high quality for a KO.

5. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    OK....so where can I buy it?

(with the box and stickers...Lunar Toy Store clearly doesn't include them)

6. HenshinTension

I've seen some sets with the box and stickers on ioffer. However, they cost a bit more and I can't verify if they are the same set as these are. I actually ordered a KO giftset of Menasor from T800pro on ioffer but haven't received it yet to pass judgement. Also, as an update, I received my Reprolabel set on Saturday and it makes this guy look a heck of a lot better (and I don't usually like stickers).

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I ordered all my high quality KOs from T800pro on ioffer. All came with boxes, styrofoam inserts and stickers. I bought Computron, Menasor, Abonimus, Defensor and Devastator from him. All separate transactions, all good transactions.