KO Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Just wondering if anyone has these and if so, how good are they? Are they top notch?

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know, but I don't understand why anyone would waste their money on KO's. Only one I could understand might be Swoop since he is hard to find complete and in one piece.

3. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

I have the complete set and they are pretty well perfect. And the reason someone would "waste their money" (opinion), is because they prefer a mint, pristine figure for a reasonable price.

4. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The prices for the KO's IMO is not "reasonable" and the originals are not difficult to find in decent shape.

5. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have 'em and they're pretty awesome. The quality is nearly on par wit the original. I'd give them like an 8/10 due to a few mold problems. Some of the pieces are tighter or looser fits than the original, and ditto for some weapons. The stickers aren't that great, either, but hey. Swoop's arms also don't go in all the way (at least mine don't). Otherwise they're great...

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I haven't seen great condition G1 Dinobots to be honest, or else I would grab em. Shit at the NJCC people were selling crappy condition Grimlocks at like $45. Most of the stuff I got at the NJCC were a steal. So not sure I can get some nice minty ones for the same price.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    As a kid I remember having two downscaled KO Snarl and Slag. They had diecast (I think) and Slag had weird horns (they were... "spiky", sort of like antlers). I've never seen them referenced anywhere and don't know what became of them.

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have one and it sits right next to my G2 dinobots looking far better than them ;) 
    The quality is good, and the price is a. good for a mint dinobot and b. bad for a KO.
    Overall I'll say it's worth it. It's way, waaay better than the $1 combiners you'll find on ebay, quality wise.

Not a waste of money if you're a fan of G1 dinobots.

9. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    eh, I bought a replica G1 Optimus and Grimlock as case-fresh MISB stand-ins for display purposes behind their Masterpiece counterparts in my collection. I rather spend $50 that recreates the look than $500-1000+ each (C85+MISB) for the real thing.

Everybody has their reasons ...

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I think I'll pick a couple of these up sometime soon. I've given up on Takara reissuing them.

11. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, maybe I got lucky, but I spent maybe about $250 for my original Dinobots that were not complete (not all at once). I may have spent an additional $50 or so to complete them. I do not need minty figures, but to be quite honest, in a display case you could hardly tell that they aren't. I think its a matter of patience and preference. If you are just looking for "display pieces" you probably don't need them to be complete. Personally, I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for a KO regardless of quality. Maybe I am more resourcefull than others, but I feel that I could probably still find most of the Dinobots in pretty good shape with at least some of their parts for around $50-$75 each, not including Swoop.

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey Dr.P try saying that when you look on ebay,if you find a decent official G1 Swoop for under $65 or $70 I will kiss my dogs a**,you just won't find one.As for the KO's I don't have that much moolah to spend for Swoop but if I did I sure as he** would,considering a MIB Swoop will run you about $225 on there,so in some peoples case would they rather spend a quarter the price for an exact copy in KO form or $225 for the real thing,I guarantee they would choose the KO.

13. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if you read my post I said "not including Swoop". Although, IF I do find one, I will be sure to let you know because I would love to see a pic of you kissing your dogs butt :lol  In addition, I wasn't comparing loose figures to MISB. I don't think the OP said he was only considering MIB or MISB. As far as your argument that you "guarantee" that people would choose the KO is an invalid blanket statement. There are many collectors out there who would spend the money on the genuine original. ebay is a guide, but it is not perfect.

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pre-History Dionobot KOs, same size as the originals and pretty descent quality. I don't have Slag, but I have the Sludge KO with the wings. There's also a Pre-History Grimlock but for the life of me I can't remember what they changed about him.

15. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the full KO set...bought it in China a few years ago.

There's minor differences that you won't be seeing unless you compare side by side with the originals. But when you touch and play with them, you'll notice the differences, like:
    1) joints not aligned straight.
    2) metal pieces already dulled.
    3) little things (slag's horns) being loose.
    4) packaging was poor quality in terms of the type of paper used and gluing (taping) of the inserts.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only have Swoop, he's OK as a stand in but not as a replacement, the quality isn't as god and the joints are used, as part of a project to kitbash and customise or sit on a shelf he does the job though.