KO Devastator for parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

So, if you check out my collection thread, you may notice this picture:

[​IMG]

That's a G2 Devastator there, with G1 legs - I'm missing the chest piece from Scrapper (I think I found him, and subsequently swiped him from somewhere when I was a kid), and the barrel on Mixmaster. You'll also notice he's missing one forearm (it broke :( ). If I were to pick up a KO Devastator, would I be able to replace those parts without the whole thing suffering much as far as quality?

I know those aren't exactly essential parts, so he'll be able to stand and such no problem, I'm sure... but will they look too ugly?

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i was never a fan of the G2 colors, and got myself a G1 KO a while back
    (i now have the original) I guess i lucked out on my KO because mine was TIGHT and SOLID. other than the tint of green, and lack of chrome, you'd have a hard time telling it apart.

find a cheap G1 KO, and get a set of reprolabels and stick with that until you can either finish your G2 set proper. it's OK to mix and match, but asthetics it may not look like they belong.

oh, point to take into consideration,
    The G1 KO is molded from the DIACLONE molds, not the G1 molds. the G1 molds had mold modifications done, and prevent some connections. the chest piece connects into LONGHAUL, not hook like in the G1 version. my chest piece had no holes in the back to connect to a G1 hook, only the peg to connect to longhaul.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have both the G2 original version and the Walgreens KO. The purple on the KO is darker than the original, but it would probably work.

You could always paint them to match.

4. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Hmmm, the KO G1 devvy I've got (Almost-neon green "Engineering" set) has the chest plate pluggin into Hook instead of Longhaul. But am not surprised due to the plethoras of KO devvys we've got out there.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yep.

I'm not too concerned about the colors right now, I just want to fix him up a little bit.

So considering my Hook and Longhaul are both G2, would a KO chest wing fit?

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I find that the KO Devi I have fits ok with all its own parts but the sizing is just slightly different enough that its connection pieces don't really work with G1 or G2 real Devi, aka they do not hold when you try to attach say, real bots to the KO crotch piece, or fists in the launchers.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Here is a pic of my original G1 Devastator next to a KO I've had for several years:
    [​IMG]
    The KO is slightly larger than the original; as a result, the parts don't quite fit. The chestplate attachment points are too small (could be fixed with a little trimming), and the lower arm is slightly too loose (again, fixable with a little nail polish). I don't know where the KO came from (I got it second-hand), but if you could find one like it the bits would be usable.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

yeah that ^ looks like the same KO I have and was describing the same fitting issues of.

9. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

It also depends on which mold of G1 Long Haul you have. My younger brother bought the individual Constructicons, and his Long Haul has the slot in the front "grill" for the tab on the large wing. I bought the Devastator gift set, and my Long Haul only had a slight indentation in the grill (basically an interruption of the grill pattern where the slot originally was).