KO DA28 Striker Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 30, 2014.

1. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

got mine a week back and he feels as good (actually he feels better than my taktom ROTF Prime, which has loose joints all over the place.. might just be showing age though)
    set him up with FWI-4 and he looks fantastic.. glad i made the call, since his grey fits the FWI-4 add on better than the ROTF one, definitely worth what i paid for him
    only problem is, other than the ones mentioned above, mine has his right fist splitting open due to some molding issue and since there's no screw at the end of his hand, it's just sitting a bit opened and he can't hold the weapons all too securely, but a little glue might do the trick, though i'm considering getting the 3P hands

2. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Good luck on finding any UFO hands that aren't black or gold.

3. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

any chance you'd like to elaborate?
    i'm rather unclear how it is overseas, but over here in my country it's easy to find the grey/bling ones; in fact, i have never seen or heard of the black or gold ones until you mentioned it

4. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

They appear to be sold out at online stores as far as I can tell and all that's on Ebay are black and gold versions - I'm sure somebody painted them but ya. I still need the silver version for my Buster but no dice.

ufo poseable hands prime | eBay

Glad you're in a place where they're more obtainable :) 

5. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there any way to tell by looking at the box to see if it is a KO? I am debating whether to buy it from a certain seller but unsure if I want to because I don't want to pay big bugs for something that may not be an authentic version.

6. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    You didnt message me by any chance on ebay today? Had a buyer ask today if my APS-01 was a KO.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they'll accept bugs as payment- I'd jump all over it, KO or not!

:D 

8. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any store selling the Striker guns/shield on their own?

9. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

I'm trying decide on Striker or Buster KOs or ROTF Leader Optimus. Him having the battle mask is pretty much a requirement for me though so I think Buster is out unless you think he's still better. What are the heights of these guys? Masterpiece size? I've never even owned a KO, but I need a leader movie Optimus!

One other question since I've never tried. How do you tighten joints? Is it hard to replace the hands with those made by UFO? I'm not mechanically inclined. Thanks!

10. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Where can i get the da-28 ko for a decent price? I just need to get it for some parts but paying $100 for a KO is out of the question

11. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly the price just keeps going up and up!

I doubt you'll find it much cheaper!

12. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

TF-Direct.com has them, but I've never ordered from them. Have any of you? $70-80 depending on which leader you want.
    They are on ebay too.

Uh oh I better order soon before they go up more.

13. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yea guess ill have to pass, cant justify the pieces i need for more than $50

14. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

Comments anyone? Lol

15. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Depends on what you want. Personally i got the original buster as my ROTF prime and original striker as the DOTM prime

16. Grindar

Grindar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm planning on Striker with a UFO trailer but we'll see.

17. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I had APS-01 for the trailer but ended up selling it. i cant display all 3 at one anyway :lol 

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the height question, the ROTF Leader Prime mold is about the same height as MP10, maybe an bit taller IIRC. As for Buster vs Striker, I think that, aside from the mask, it ultimately depends on two factors: whether or not you want the abs (ie: movie 1/2 accuracy or movie 3 accuracy) and your feelings on the silver paint and chrome on Buster. Striker Prime actually has grey tires, but that dark silver plastic looks really great on that mold. However, the silver paint on Buster really makes all of his details pop, and between that and the chrome and pinstriping on his flames, I'm surprised that he wasn't released as part of the movie masterpiece series.

19. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

If you want the Striker with the silver paint and pinstriping, go for APS-01. It's worth it.

If you want the Buster cannon and fancy paint apps but with the faceplate, then try to hunt down one of those OP + Jetfire 2 packs.

20. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    If you want the battle mask, the Striker (original or KO), regular leaderclass, APS-01, or one of the special Buster Primes are your best bet. The regular Buster Prime, that the KO is from, has the mouth so that would be out. But the silver paint, chrome, and pinstriping is really amazing on it. But I definitely get why the moth bothers some. If you're strictly talking about the KOs then go with Striker. Its great, can't tell the difference in it, and it only around $90.00. And, from what I gathered, it is around Masterpiece size. Definitely 10 inches though.

All I did to tighten the joints of my various leader Primes is take ot the screws on the arms and legs and apply clear nail polish to what I believe is the ratchet joints. It definitely helps a lot, even if it wares off. And putting the UFO hands in is very easy. Just take out the screws in the lower arm, take out the old hand, put the UFO hands in, and put screws back.

Hope I have helped!