KO DA28 Striker Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 30, 2014.

1. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Another thread has me interested in this... My question is, does the Optimus mold itself differ at all from the DotM Jetwing mold? Or could these weapons be used on other Optimus molds in both modes?

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    The gas tanks are unique to Striker. They have a small hole that was added to them to allow you to plug the Striker guns into the tanks for Stealth mode.

You also cannot put the jetpack on it securely because the gas tanks don't come off like they do with Buster and Jetwing Prime, which needs to happen to clear out the space to properly attach the jetpack.

The molds are almost identical but for those two very key differences which of course necessitate buying yet another Prime to get all of the different variations on weaponry.

3. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

The removal of the gas tanks are necessary for the original jetwing backpack, but if he is interested in FWI-4, it should attach just fine with non-removable gas tanks.

To answer his question, it's not the same as the standard DOTM Jetwing which has removable gas tanks.

4. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thanks! I have the original mold and the DotM Jetwing mold. I wonder if small holes could be drilled into the gas tanks of the other molds, perhaps? Probably not the Jetwing one, but maybe the original?
    This actually has me even more interested in getting this ko. Too bad there's already so much other stuff coming out now to buy...
    Thanks again!

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I might buy this. Normally I wouldn't own THREE of the same mold (ROTF, Jetwing, now this) but I want those accessories. Thanks to the Cubex guns, I have all of the adapters needed to make the Striker equipment fit the Jetwing mold. :D 

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. hthrun

Ebay:
  8. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I might get this... I always liked that figure and wished it were affordable.

9. CaptainX1

CaptainX1 Well-Known Member

oh i'm definitely getting this

10. hthrun

Ebay:
    After playing some with my original RotF Optimus yesterday, and seeing the kind of shape it's in, now I think I might go for this guy. But I'll probably wait until after I have FWI-4 and all the AoE toys I plan on getting. If it's unavailable or the price jumped at that point, then I'll pass.

11. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Anyone elese selling this? I could use a couple of replacement parts from this one for my Striker

12. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

In-hand images of the KO Tf: DotM DA-28 Striker Optimus

Whose hands? Mine.

I don't have an original Takara DA-28 Striker Optimus, so I can't comment on how close it is to the original, but as a KO of the HasTak RotF/DotM Prime mold, it's a near-perfect copy. The sculpting and paintwork are sharp and the electronics work just like the original. It even comes with all the Japanese inserts like the catalog and promo flyer and card for the MechTech game.

Issues?
    Mine has warped smokestacks, the red Autobot symbol on the torso is too small for the actual molded symbol, locking issues on the Striker weapons and parts fitting issues closing the parts up for truck mode. Oh and the box is flimsy.

If you've already got an original DotM Striker, I'd say don't bother. It won't offer anything new. But for the price (at least for how much I got it), it's a good buy, especially for those who don't have an original DotM Striker, aren't willing to spend the amount of cash an original goes for on the market and doesn't mind having unofficial replicas in their collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jya na!

13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow, those smokestacks really are warped a bit. Overall he looks pretty nice though.

14. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping to get this and a FWI kit. Does look pretty good for a KO

15. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

I know... I'm still thinking of way to straighten them... The mushroom pegs which attach them to the roof pieces are really sturdy so I just can't pull them off to dip in hot water.

jya na!

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do come off (at least on the original). They're a bitch to get off, but they come off. (I replaced a bunch of my stack with the metal ones that came with the chrome tank guns- I forget the company).

17. aptimas88

aptimas88 New Member

I agree! looking forward for the APS-01 KO as well :) 

18. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Got this guy and he is awesome! Very high quality and great for those, like me, who couldn't get the original! Just tightened up some joints and tried to give the guns and shield a bit more of a secure connection. Very worthwhile! This and the KO Buster are great. If I didn't already know it was a KO I wouldn't have at all! Heres hoping they do APS-01 and my Movie Prime display will look even better :D 

19. Dinobot Soliloquy

Dinobot Soliloquy Yiddishe Kup

So, as of now, there is no APS-01 KO? I've seen some APS-01 "Optimi" being sold on Amazon and Ebay, mostly from Hong Kong, and I'm worried that means they're not authentic. So to the best of your knowledge, no fake APS-01's circulating around yet?

20. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

How tall is he? Are there 3P swords that will fit in his hands? What's an FWI kit? I've never bought a KO, but I really need a movie Optimus with battle mask.