KO Combiner Wars Devastator (G2 Colors)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by waffel, Apr 10, 2019.

1. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Photo's courtesy of Arion Wong on the BensKOllectables facebook page. Cant tell if its OS, undersized or 1:1 from the photos but still interesting

56595455_10157061043878187_5755458491074478080_n.jpg 56466358_10157061044003187_6600332773569855488_n.jpg

2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Fascinating. Those are horribly set up though lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have the Combiner wars Devastator since most of the European stock ended up in some Eastern European Supermarkets.

But isn't that Bonecrusher looking a bit small next to that Red-Groove ?

I don't mind in the slightest if they are a little undersized though.

4. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Yeah from the other bots on that table this is clearly undersized.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An undersized KO? That's a new one, things seem to be bigger-is-better most of the time in KO world. I'd be all for it if this makes the toy more in line with a Standard CW combiner. I'm also just really happy to see a KO into a colorscheme we never got. It always frustrates me that most KOs are usually either an exact replica or dollar store random colors and we rarely get things like this.

I would love it if we could get things like this happening in the KO MP scene. Black Diaclone Ironhide, for example.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Would be cool if they did a ROTF repaint of the set in the future if this does well.

7. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Undersized KOs have literally been a thing for decades. There's been a multitude of undersized G1 knockoffs over the years.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I agree that KO companies should consider making versions of certain molds that HasTaK never touched upon such as a Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus repaint out of CW Ultra Magnus for example. It'd give them an edge in the market.

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love me an Undersized KO if it makes sense to do it.
    This one is an ideal example ; the Bigger one if perfectly fine to do as an underscale as it then is a much better match for the bulk of the Generations toyline, and it would also work well with Predaking too to be smaller (sort of Unique Toys Warlord size) so the individual robots are scaled as big Deluxes. The larger ones then still work as their own thing that is in the direction of the Titan City Bots in terms of size so you get the combined bots to be suitably gigantic and still have the smaller size to be used for normal interaction.

It's quite crafty to do the G2 colours too as that limits their exposure to a visit from the Chinese Police as it's Underscale and a different colour both - so it's doubly protected - yet it still has some use to us - especially so to Botcon/OTFCC collectors who have a bunch of G2 updates already which this fits in perfectly with.

As for other colours here is some suggestions.
    1) Black with Purple (Generation Toy / G1 KO Style)
    2) White SG Devastator variation colours or G1 KO off-white - or even straight Defensor colours
    3) Diaclone Type A or B colours (or something inspired by that at least) where each robot is a unique colour - they can also take cues from Constructicon Maximus for ideas too.
    4) Movie Devastator Colours or colours related to the appropriate characters.

10. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

Yeah, assuming that those other CW figures on the table aren't OS'd (and they really don't look like it), then this Devy could definitely be more in scale with the other CW combiners. Awesome!

11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    :thumbdown 

12. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

I wish they would add a piece to give Mixmaster a proper cab...if you are going to KO the king, you'd best kill the representation of the king!

13. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I've often wondered why some company like BMB or wei-jiang have not taken CW devy and up scaled him and made improvements to the figs. That would probably be my choice of constructions. They are, IMO the closest any one has come to making toony bots.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. It seems like Long Haul is simplified, in the legs, but otherwise, this looks great and is a nice reminder of G2, which was my first real taste of Devastator.

That said, being undersized doesn't do the set any favors... Still, looks pretty good I must say.

It also brings up a good point... THIS is a sensible reuse of those molds, and I'm surprised Hasbro didn't make it a reality as an exclusive or something, and instead we got a chromed out bling-bling version of the same color scheme... And a blinged out version never existed before. So...I guess if you like chrome...win? *shrugs*

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If these are indeed undersized, I WISH THEY HAD STARTED WITH THE GREEN VERSION! :lol 

People have been asking for years for an undersized CW Devastator to match the other combiners, and they start with the G2 one? I’ll get it, but only to support it so we get a green one...

16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want an undersized Titan Fort Max.

17. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in Grand max colors? count me in ! and yeah if this is indeed undersized I wish they would have started with the traditional Green first. I skipped on the original because it was just too big in comparison to my other Combiners. I dont mind him being slightly bigger than the rest , he is after all 6 guys instead of 5 but just NOT that big ( original hasbro size )

18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    If this is undersized, I might be in. Hmm.

19. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

I prefer green. That said, if this is CW sized it's an instant buy. Double dipping is probably why they started with G2, and I don't even mind lol. I do wish they'd upgraded the hands and Mixmaster cab though.

On taking a second look it seems like Scavenger's cab is sitting a little low compared to his treads. Hope it's just a bad angle.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So close but so far. I just want an affordable version of the Scrapper mold in G1 Colors. Putting the PE Kit on Scrapper produced one of my favorite standalone figures from the classics lineup but Devastator was too cool not to display them combined. I almost bought a second Scrapper to display on his own but for the price people were asking I might as well have just bought a second Devastator.