Knock Off Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TwoKingMick, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

As many of you may or may not know, I live in Korea. And i have a fondness for G1 Bruticus. So I've been trying to track down one of the over sized knockoffs for quite a while. I've had no luck with brick and mortar stores so i've turned to searching online. If done quite a bit of research, and i've found some things.
    I already asked in another thread, but rather than cluttering the brave thread i decieded to post it here. Are these what i'm looking for? If anyone can really help me track a few of these down you can have one for a very good price, maybe less than cost, depending on what imnformation I get. The scalpers won't like that!
    Anyway, stage one, can anyone identify these, and tell me whats in the smaller box?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Turns out they are the oversized bruticus! I just ordered them online! But no vortex/swindle as of yet. If there are any extras does anyone want them?

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

That's cool. I'd like to get an oversized Bruticus. How is the quality?

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

All I know is there's a complete set (all in one box) for him and that's the more expensive one. Can run from 300-450

The multibox set would be the way to go since it's the same figure and a whole lot cheaper.

Those you posted are it! The bottom pic is the expensive 1box complete version, so yeah, go for those in the 1st 2 pics instead. :) 

I think Napjr knows all about these things

5. Hatch_1

Hatch_1 Well-Known Member

Looks like you have already figured it out but just to clarify, there are three boxes total in this set. The large box only contains Onslaught and the Bruticus bits. The other four come in two smaller boxes. You can see the boxes and how they're packed here:

http://tfarchive.com/toys/bootlegs/gallery.php?id=bruticus

You live in Korea, eh? Let me know if you find a sealed giant Astrotrain :)  I *so* need the box.

6. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, hereĀ“s the best page with info about those

http://www.geocities.com/scrambledcity/skorbia/skorbydestrong.html

Pretty much a mytical page about the oversized Combaticons (even though has gone through some changes in recent years)

Either way, from what i can remember you have 2 kind of oversized combaticons, they can be practicaly be differenced by the colors. In other words, G1 & G2

The G1 Korean Bruticus (with each member available in different colors, packages, and some even unassembled) its a great KO, excelent quality in every aspect, even some pieces (such as the gun and fists) MORE detailed than any of the real figures. The size is almost double of the originals, and thanks to that, each member ends being almost in scale with different G1 figures (take Sideswipe or Prime for example)

This one usually fetches high amounts of money on ebay

The other KO is for G2 Bruticus, although the original was made in Korea, later releases were made in China. This KO however, is double the size of the originals and bigger than the G1 KO

But it has several problems (other than the colors of course :p ). The main problem is that you cant switch the arms with the legs and viceversa, for some reason they ends loose in different positions. Also, the peg holes for the hands and feet cant be switched either,s ome are bigger than others. Finally, Bruticus helmet AntenneaeĀ“s for some reason are not molded

This one was also available in Baldigus colors if im not mistaken

The G2 usually sells for cheaper on ebay, although i remember a time when complete sets were available in Peru, for alot less than $30 :) 

7. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

That's an awesome find.
    It took me quite a while to assemble my giant G2 Bruticus, including several parts lots, and buying an entire set of limbs that were halfway as large as the ones I needed (but still waaaaay larger than the legit ones).

Let me point out that I have seen several color variations besides G1 and G2.
    I even purchased a spare KO Vortex a while back, MOSC , of the same size as the giant gestalt limbs, and came complete with giant versions of all of his accessories, only his body was the same color of green with purple camo as the large G2 Megatron, and sporting blaze orange for all of his other parts and accs.
    Also, my giant Brawl is tan/brown and my Swindle is green/black, instead of their G2 colors

And seeing him absolutely tower over not only the original, but almost every other figure in my collection, with the sole exception of Fort Max (hes even a couple inches taller than Energon Omega Supreme/Sentinel, and CYB Starscream...)

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Yup, i've got me two thirds of the chrome chest version. Its not quite as accurate to G1 as the destronger combat robot version Crazy steve wrote about, but it's pretty damn close. Those giant G2 ko's are much easier to find over here too.

9. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Um... how much easier?

10. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Well there is at least one within walking distance from me right now, and I think another two that I know of on Korea only websites.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, bruticus is my fave scramble city mold too.

i believe somebody here did recently acquire these as a grail. good luck!

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the Bootlog G2 set. It;s huge. Quality is "meh" but it's a nice figure to pose against the regular sized TFs.

Now if only i could find the Oversized Korean Prowl.

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a super-sized Defensor that is ginormous that would be pretty cool facing a giant Bruticus.

14. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

They arrived today! Most exciting moment in my transformer collecting life. But there were lows and highs. The first high, he was mint in sealed box, the chrome parts are all srcatch free and the joints are very, very tight. The plastic quality is amazing, you would never tell this is a knockoff.

Unfortunatly blast off is the weak member of the three I got. His left arm snapped after two transformations, and there was some plastic residue on the joint, signs of an attempted repair job i think. Luckly my modelling skills mean its a simple screw and super glue support job, should be fine when i buy a pin vice. Also, blast off's colours are a tad off, he's the same olive green as brawl, obviously the producers got a bit cheaper as the years passed by with the destrong combat robot. Aside from the arm, he's fantastic quality, and it's not like i've never broken an official tf either!

Brawl is better, his colour scheme is spot on and he has no obvious weaknesses. He was very very tight, so much so that i dissassembled him to trim off a few areas of flash that impeded his transform. Now he's perfect.

Onslaught, onslaught, onslaught! He's one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen (apart from my girlfriend). His stickers are a little yellower than G1 onslaught, but aside from that he is perfect, amazing tight joints, ratcheting shoulders (take that floppy G1!), great chrome, perfect quality plastic, i love him. I'm thinking of getting another to display beside him in robot mode. On his own he dwarfs G1 devestator! In vechical mode he is a little longer than G1 prime with trailer. Take that, G1 scale!

Combined mode looks amazing, even with two limbs missing. Now i must track down swindle and vortex.

Pics won't follow till monday, as i'm going to North Korea tomorrow, and as you may know, they don't really like the internet there.

15. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Hey, do you think this was the oversized prowl knockoff you were talking about?

[​IMG]

16. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Those are neat, and you know everyone and his mother is gonna start PMing you to try to get ahold of that god stuff.

17. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Awesome. I have the complete set of Brut and just wait till you find the other pieces. When he's formed up he dwarfs Predaking.

18. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Oh man. Can you post pics of this guy? I've been looking for good pics of Ginormous Defensor for awhile. He's like 24" inches tall isn't he?

19. Hatch_1

That's actually a knock-off model kit. Not sure who it is but I'm fairly certain it's a tweaked brave toy. I have one of the other kits in this set (an ambulance) which is also a Brave toy but with Blaster's head :) 

The giant prowl can be seen here:

http://www.geocities.com/scrambledcity/skorbia/skorbypre88.html

Y'know, there's also an oversized bootleg of Smallest Prowl that looks interesting.

20. Hatch_1