Knights, Seekers and the Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jul 1, 2014.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The common theme between the Knights, Seekers and the Primes it seems is that they are earlier Cybertronian explorers. We may be able to piece together Cybertronian history.

From this the Seekers are the oldest group of Decepticons dating back to the Fallen's uprising.

The Primes and their servants, which included the Seekers, were explorers seeking suns to convert to Energon. But they are unwilling to kill systems with life.

Since the Autobots know around 60 million years ago planets were being cyberformed. The Primes probably set this rule to be different from the Creators who deliberately kill organic life to create material for Transformer bodies.

The Sentinel Prime expedition indicates that Sentinel Prime also went on a exploratory mission.

The Knight Terminus is a exploration ship built for the Knights. Optimus Prime is not only a Prime but a Knight.

This indicates that Optimus Prime was part of an exploratory mission.
    Some have guess it could be the Sentinel Prime expedition ship.

Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime being away from Cybertron could be the reason they escaped the purge of the Prime descendants by the Fallen. Which plunged Cybertron to a dark age.

Sentinel Prime returns to Cybertron rebuilding civilization as Autobots.

Also it could be that the Creators consider the early Cybertronians as rebels who revolted against them. And they never let go of a grudge.

The Knights are legendary warriors that are also important to Cybertron history.

Since Optimus Prime also calls them Legendary and Autobots I guess they are the equivalent of the Seekers on the Autobot side.

2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I love the movieverse, but this sh*t can be seriously confusing.

3. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I love this!! Great work!

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is another idea too. Remember when The Fallen said only a Prime can destroy me. And says only one Prime is still alive but then in DOTM, Sentinel pops up?

Well what if Sentinel was not a true Prime and while training OP to be a knight, took on the title of a Prime just so there would be someone of the title to lead Cybertron. And maybe OP has always been a true Prime and to better hide him from The Fallen who was killing off the true prime lineage, Sentinel and his Knights of Cybertron took OP in and OP's real name of Orian Pax and hit true look were stripped and he was reformatted to look more like the Knights and given the name of Optimus to fit in with the Knights? This could be a good explanation on how he is truly a Prime but also became a Knight.

5. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

This is very confusing to understand.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel certain looked like a knight, maybe prime was just in his name.

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I think we are going to find out that OP is one of the first true Primes but to keep him safe and to make sure the Prime lineage continued on, OP was taken in by the Knights of Cybertron, memories of being a Prime erased, look changed and given a new name and became I knight. Its the classic witness protection program lol.

8. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

The problem with the films is that the writer makes up new cannon without considering whether it's consistent with previously created cannon, which causes contradictions and things that are inexplicable.

9. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

In the end we gonna find out that the Quintessons, actually are a race of Optimuses, and Optimus is its leader and GOD.

10. BluRayHiDef

I've got another theory. I think the Creators will end up being a sapient species of Sirloin Steaks who created the Transformers to fend off their enemy-species, the Swine Chops.

11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

they could just send in the humans.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Maybe that's what the "wolves" were created for ;) 

13. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hmmm... Here I go again:

I think the Creators made an initial batch of Transformers: The 13 Primes (or, what was it? 7 in ROTF? Regardless...). They had to harvest Energon from suns, but couldn't do so on life-bearing planets (not sure if this means sentient life, or life in general). Contrary to what you said, RedWolf, I think the 13 Primes didn't want to kill organic life because it's one of their valuable resources. If they need Transformium and it's created by organic matter, perhaps they wanted to keep organic life, y'know. Alive. Personally, I think the Primes may have been working for the Creators (which would be an interesting concept if true because that'd mean everyone would be trying to kill the human race in some way).

As for the Seekers, yeah. They were looking for the Sun Harvester to produce more Energon. It's their lifeblood and without it, Cybertron and the Transformers would die.

Now for SP, OP, and the Knights. I think they all worked together. Sentinel was a mentor for Optimus while on the Knightship. And I imagine the Dinobots (we'll refer to the Legendary Warriors as such for simplicity's sake) were really old considering Prime talks to them about how the Creators want to enslave them and such in AOE as if the Dinobots already knew they were created. That all being said, I think Sentinel left the Knights to be Prime on Cybertron. And when he left with the pillars, Optimus was next in line (who just so happened to be a descendent of the original 13). As for their crusades, who knows what they were looking for. Maybe another fuel source, maybe more planets to seed with... Seeds. They were crusading, and that's all I care about. Though I do like your idea that they were the Autobot versions of Seekers.

That's what I think. Haven't thought all the way through this one yet unlike my Allspark/Transformium thing.
    But whatever.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    very good ideas too. But like I said, its stupid that the fans have to come up with ways to make it all work and seem logical when the writers should be doing this crap. But instead we are getting more crap that leads to more plot holes and more questions lol.

15. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

You may be entirely right. I'm not saying you are wrong, but personally I've been impressed with Kruger. I think AoE did a good job of telling a story delivering a lot of what fans have been asking for (more focus on the bots, Dinobots) while also setting the stage for the sequels and a grander mythology. Could my faith be misplaced? Absolutely. But, I'll reserve judgment I think until the next one. Let's see how he and Bay handle the threads they laid in AoE.

16. BluRayHiDef

Have you lost your mind? Kruger has created an incoherent and self-contradictory mess of a story. Each new film introduces lore that calls that of the previous films into question. We went from the AllSpark, to the Thirteen Original Primes and their Dynasty, to the Creators and the Seed, each of which is its own independent origin story regarding the creation of the Transformes. Ehren Kruger is a buffoon.

17. JasonPrime

You presume I actually had possession of my faculties in the first place.

18. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

We never had the thirteen. But the seven created by the spark.
    We still don't know what the spark have to do with the Creators.

19. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wait until Transformers 5 when the writers introduce Optimus Prime's Midi-chlorian count!

20. JasonPrime

I think I've said before, but as others have pointed out it is interesting that in the first two films we saw that any machine given life by the allspark seemed to be, by default, violent and aggressive.

I've thought for a while now that a cool twist would be for the films (or another transformers story all together) to reveal that the Transformers themselves were created for sinister purposes. What if the creators made them as soldiers for exploring and conquering worlds for them? What if Optimus and the Autobots with their heroic idealism are actually the 'broken' ones? I think it would be interesting.