Knight Rider Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by xenocryst, Jul 25, 2006.

1. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

I’m not a writer, and I couldn’t remember everything from the Knight Rider series, so I had a little help from Wikipedia (hope it’s accurate). I had a little idea that I had this morning while rubbing the sleep from my eyes: Wouldn’t KITT make a sweet-looking Transformer? Not only would he look cool, but he’d have a built-in nostalgia factor as well as a potentially cool back story. Here’s what I came up with for his bio:

What do you think?

It would be cool if a better writer than I would throw together a little story with KITT reluctantly seeking assistance from the Autobots because of the return of a new transforming Goliath. ...Or maybe KARR would be another fun one. He’d fit in nicely with the Decepticons since he doesn’t care about the destruction of humans.

Even cooler!: A drawing or kitbash depicting Transformer KITT, digital or otherwise.

I apologize if this has already been thought of by some one else... I was surprised when I didn’t find anything like it.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I have had something similar in mind for a long ass time now, though it was with the Autobots helping Bonnie rebuild KITT after being destroyed. I picture KITT's eyes being the scanner light and his mouth being the VOX from the dashboard

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

It also wrote something similar, but it involved KITT's cpu and Vector Sigma. Maybe I'll publish it later on in August in the Fan Fic section

4. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Yes :) 

Well, as far as [anything else], there's Homecoming , but you need to read more of Gryph's work to fully understand / appreciate this story. Gryph's one of my favorite TF fanfic writers, and her work is highly-recommended reading =)
    Homecoming is in the Years Of Transition arc, at the Doorway Chamber of Gryph's Lair.

...I guess it doesn't become readily apparent. Gryph tried to do a Knight Rider what-if, her style :) 

I've never seen transforming KITT artwork, but your idea on the face is interesting. I might have to :poke  a couple bees' nests and see what happens.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm sorry. The thought of combining Knight Rider and TFs, just brings visions of Prime and KARR argueing to my mind.

But yeah. KITT as a TF would be cool. I don't see Goliath as a TF, since it never had an AI, that I'm aware of. I could see Garth Knight working with Motormaster, though.

6. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

That's exactly how I'd picture it too.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kitt should transform into...roboHOFF!

with baywatch producing action feature.

8. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

If you ever needed an excuse to get the Hoff into the TF Movie, this would be it. Just think of the merchandising value - they could do one of those BT Kiss type toys, with a litte figurine of the Hoff in his leather gear and his hairy chest showing...

(well done Ger, its not even midday and you've already made your own skin crawl..)

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha! so wrong, so wrong!

the germans should be pleased.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Weren't Kitt and Runamuck the same model of Trans-Am??

...what no CD of his greatest hits?

11. Contrail

Contrail Well-Known Member

There actually was a Knight Rider TF back in the day; around 1985, the toy company Ertl released a line of transforming robots called Pow-R-Trons, which were motorised cars that sprung open into robot mode when they bumped into a wall. They had absolutely no articulation and the arms were stuck in a flexing-their-muscles-above-their-head pose. Anyway, to cut a long story short, one of the cars was a licenced version of KITT

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That would be awesome. Knowing Hasbro it'll end up with Hasslehoff's head (like those SWTF's and their pilots)

Thinking about kitbashing a little Spychanger into one for a start

13. Overkill

Overkill Awesome Cassette Warrior

DUDE!!
    I still have two pow-r-trons!!!
    I'll have to look at the car one again, if I remember right, it did have a KITT vibe to it.

14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    If you can find a Windcharger (keychain or otherwise), they work great. Even has that little off-center raised portion on the hood.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a Knight Rider TF :D  It's the Mirage's boxes' repaint of windcharger. Not anything spectacular, but I like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

haha KITT transformer is awesome.

17. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno about using the red scanner as eyes... I envisioned it on his chest. Maybe only half of the hood, rather than the whole thing could become his chest. That way, he wouldn't have a G2 Megs look, but could retain the scanner in a prominent place.

18. C.H.A.D.

C.H.A.D. Active Member

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The only problem with giving them a scanner like optic strip is teh whole Cylon it causes.

Windcharger is a gret start for a KR TF. The nose is actually more acurate to KITT, than it is to the real car.

20. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glen A Larson made both series, guess he liked the scanner eye thing

I bet you could make a good kitbash with a BT Battle Ravage as the base and a modified Shockwave head