Knight Rider is on...not sure that's a good thing though

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Socialvegetable, Feb 17, 2008.

1. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Mike's actor looks a little too much like a beefier Cyclops from the X-Men films.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i couldn't watch it cause i had to work...i'll try to see it if it ever replays or find it on youtube or something...but i really wanted to see it.

3. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Somebody said it's on again next saturday, though I don't know if that's right.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I finally stopped watching the new BSG. I get no entertainment from watching all the characters slowly slip into suicidal depression. I like that this new Knight Rider isn't taking itself so overly seriously, and calling it "drama."

5. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. The crying indian from the old 80's pollution commercials was hilarious! Not sure if many people would get that joke though. I'm hoping that the series becomes a regular.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    How did Kilmer wind up doing the voice? The website lists the other guy as the voice of KITT. I'm lost...

7. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I enjoyed it. The movie did a good job of leading up to a series. I also liked the humor that was thrown in. Priceless moment, KITT doing a U-turn and slamming Mike's face against the window.

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I liked it. Far superior to anything they've tried to get the franchise running again, TKR or KR2000. Val's voice was perfect. He played KITT just like KITT was in the start of the original series and as the show went he got more personality. If it goes to series they'll probably do that. I think most people went in from the begininng with their minds made up that they weren't going to like it for one reason or another. Another thing would be to quit watching the original show with rose colored glasses. I'm a fan of the original show but it has its problems as well. To many to list here. Here's hoping we get a series and it lasts a while. I'm tired of reality tv shows taking up airtime.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed!

I think that movie was pretty much crap. The show itself has great potential, it just didn't deliver like it could have.

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    The actor playing Mike Traceur is an ex-soap actor.He played on All My Children,two years ago at Super Soap Weekend here at MGM Studios in FL,I took my wife to it,she's obsessed with soaps.I was wearing my Optimus shirt and going and riding the rides while she did the soap stuff,and a guy commented on my shirt.

I stopped and started talking to him,turned out it was Justin Bruening that is playing Mike in KR,he played a character called Jamie Martin on AMC.We started talking about TF,KR,and other 80s stuff.He mentioned that he would love to work on something that had to do with KR because he grew up with it and is a HUGE fan of it.Then two months after that he leaves AMC,then back in November I find out that he is gonna be the star of the KR series.

He's a really nice and cool guy.

Unfortunatly we can't get NBC in my area so I didn't get to watch it,so I'm gonna have to find a Torrent for it.If anyone knows of one please let me know.

11. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I enjoyed it.

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think as the series progresses, I hope to see the original Knight Rider team up his son in an episode, but I'm getting ahead of myself. But that would be awesome to see. Even if its a cameo or not.

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Will Arnett had all the voice work wrapped up, but then it came out that he has a contract with GMC trucks as their voice over guy. Since Ford and GM are rivals, and Ford paid for Knight Rider, Arnett had a conflict of interest, and had to give up the role. I'm assuming Val Kilmer had nothing else going on in his life, because they got him signed and got all his lines done in about a week.

14. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Only if they can fight a new KARR and perhaps Goliath.

15. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Kinda boring at first, got alittle better towards the end. I'll give the series a chance. Anyone know when it starts?

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Not too bad, though I dig Kilmer's voice as the new KITT. Show felt kinda like a mix of Smallville and the new Terminator series.

Hopefully, the series gets better onwards. And morphing ability, by changing colors only is kinda bleh IMO. Enemies will figure this out soon...I think.

17. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Will Arnett had all the voice work wrapped up, but then it came out that he has a contract with GMC trucks as their voice over guy. Since Ford and GM are rivals, and Ford paid for Knight Rider, Arnett had a conflict of interest, and had to give up the role. I'm assuming Val Kilmer had nothing else going on in his life, because they got him signed and got all his lines done in about a week.

18. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't say it was great, but I did enjoy it for what it was. KITT is cool, and I for one thought Kilmer was a good choice for the role.

I was expecting something a little more modern though in terms of the overall feeling of the show. Rather, it ended up feeling like an 80s show with clips from car commercials thrown in.

If it does continue as a series that sticks around for a while, it could end up maturing to something worthwhile. At the least, I enjoyed the nostalgia and the cool car.

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    True or maybe a new vehicle based villian. You knows, just wait and see I suppose.

20. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I used to watch the show when I was little and watched the new show last night. Can I ask a stupid question?

What is the connection to the missing hard drives and need for KITT to have a new driver working with the FBI. Why doesn't the FBI just go after the missing hard drives overseas by themselves? What good does it do to have a new Michael drive around the new KITT in the US?