Knight Rider is on...not sure that's a good thing though

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Socialvegetable, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    agreed! I watched the very last part and i have to say that wow what a piece of crap. It was one of the worst shows i have seen. Though hoff made it watchable nothing like the originial show.

Oh and how come when his mother dies he just looks at her no emotion what so ever....dude your mom died i mean come on!

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure that they had Will Arnett doing the voice in the commercials during the show tonight and he was significantly better. Val was just boring and unengaging.

I wish that these 80's remakes were as good as BSG and Sarah Connor Chronicles. Those shows are really good quality shows in their own rights, not just crappy remakes.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I don't think air wolf would work in a non cold war era. Now Street Hawk would work and could easily be remade.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I watched the regular and I can honestly say I like them both the same, for different reason. they are different things and shows, we cant never expect the same , it be boring that way.

but hey to each its own.

5. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    With all this talk of shooting down satellites and remarks from Russia about a revived arms race, I think there's hope for Air Wolf '08. Hell, if it would make a buck, somebody will make it.

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I loved when she gasped "I'm sorry" and then turned her head to the side, dead. That was touching tv right there. I don't think I've ever seen that done before.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was wrong, all wrong.

8. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Wow. I guess fanboyism isn't limited to Transformers.

I liked it. You can Blow me if you don't like that fact.

9. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Who's being a fanboy? We're all just discussing the new show - sometimes in comparison with the old, but also on its own merits. If you can think of a topic, it's going to have fans, some more devoted than others.

10. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Hating the new over the old /=/ More devotion.

Just an FYI.

11. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    If you say so. You can like whatever you want. I don't dislike the new Knight Rider because it's not the original, I just found it boring, yada yada yada. I'd hardly say I'm "devoted" to Knight Rider. I'm trying to judge it on its own merits, and if thinking the original was a better show makes me a "fanboy," then you caught me red handed.

12. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Well on it's own merits it was enjoyable, fun and had some decent action.

Not even Hoff's hair, Mr. Pheeney or Nostalgia can take away from what the new version has on it's own merits.

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    That's all your opinion, though. I'm glad you enjoyed it - a lot of people did, and I can understand why. I just disagree for all the reasons I posted earlier. I'll still keep tabs on it if it is indeed produced as a regular series, and maybe it'll hook me.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty decent. a few things stuck out:

1. within the first 3 minutes, I was like "WOW, they're really going for the hot chick factor here"--main character in bed with two hotties, the surfer/fbi agent being a. decent looking and b. a lesbian, and then the "main" female being a hottie as well.

2. KITT needs the "woosh woosh" sound when the red light goes back and forth.

3. all of the fords in the show? lame. I doubt bad guys would be pushing an edge.

4. KITT is 91% solar powered? nope, don't buy that one.

5. how rad would it've been if the new guy's mom was bonnie from the original?

6. the hoff is a horrible actor, and he only had a few minutes of screen time.

7. at the end I was like "YES, he's getting dropped out of the back of a semi!" ...wait, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

all in all, I'll give it a few more episodes to get better. I kind of feel towards this show as I did towards the TF animated pilot: great throwbacks to the original series, and lots of potential, but if it doesn't get better I won't keep watching it.

15. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I hope the "Evil" Micheal Knight dude returns. You know the one with the Semi.

16. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing. No surprise he ditched her though, Michael Knight was always a player.

I think he's a better actor than the guy they had playing his son. Maybe it's just because he has his own personality going, and I felt that the new guy was kinda generic.

An updated semi would have been infinitely better than that poorly rendered plane. That didn't even make sense in the least.

17. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ah, Garth Knight. I think that would be the best possible way to work Hasselhoff into the script. Michael Knight is kinda useless at this point (except as maybe a mentor or adviser ala Devon) but with a goatee, moustache, and pimp cane, we could see the return of the greatest evil twin in history. Maybe he'd also have an evil son, and there could be an episode where they face off in a father/son relay race involving burlap sacks and three-legged races.

18. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. I agree with this.

19. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie and hope they make a series. Val was OK as a KITT voice. I was disappointed there wasn't many cool gimmicks as the original like turbo boost and such. I liked the Michael Knight cameo and the steering wheel of the original KITT. Mike's mom looked familiar, like maybe a person from the original series. I really disliked the cargo plane as the carrier vehicle. I was hoping for the semi or maybe a sweet motor home.

Loved the updated theme song! That's what should have been done to the Transformers song for the movie!

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie kept my interest during the whole thing so that's good. I wish they had kept the voice I heard on the early promos, but Maybe Kilmer will grow on me. Overall I thought the main actor did a good job and I found him entertaining. I wish they would of went to the commercials like the old show where it would freeze and go small...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008