Customs: kiss players autorooper

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by LiquiD, Jul 13, 2007.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    No.

2. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

thanks,

just got my autolooper! already got the paint off the head. i went to walmart and got pretty much everything i need, however, no one could tell me where to find acetone. i've never seen so many blank stares in all my life. so where do i find acetone?

3. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

thanks,

just got my autolooper! already got the paint off the head. i went to walmart and got pretty much everything i need, however, no one could tell me where to find acetone. i've never seen so many blank stares in all my life. so where do i find acetone?

4. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

alrighty, got my ricochet and my internet back up! already got ricochet taken apart and most the paint stripped, only two problems, one of the screws holding the headlights and such in place is stripped! so i can't take it off. i figure i'll just have to fill the gaps with something while painting. problem two, hasbro i guess glues the forarms together so even with the screws out i can't take the forarm apart. anyone got any ideas on how to get the two pieces apart? i thought maybe once i get the arm pins out i could soak it in alcohol and hopefully soften up the glue but i'm not sure if that'll be a waste of time. i got some stuff i want to order from reprolables but i'm waiting for their carbon fiber kit to become available, i asked around but never really got an answer to when that'll be. i need a pin punch and a sodering iron to get the pins out to dye some parts and i need to pick up a clear coat but other than that he's coming along nicely. i'm going to use red krylon fuzion on the parts i want solid red and then testor's acrylic red for the detail stuff and instead of water slide decals (just to much work since i don't have a printer) i'm going to try to hand paint some graffics on the side of the car. anyone know how the red fuzion and red testors match up color wise? oh, just one more question, how much acetone should i add when i'm getting ready to dye the parts i need too? thanks again everybody.

LiquiD

ps; maybe i'll put some WIP pics when i get home from work today, maybe not. i might wait till i have alittle more done.

pps; that apoxi sculpt stuff jin was talking about sounds pretty cool! i don't know if i missed it or not but how does it do with paint? thinking about maybe using some to add some body details and such ot seperate this guy further from the typical WRXs.

5. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

alrighty, got my ricochet and my internet back up! already got ricochet taken apart and most the paint stripped, only two problems, one of the screws holding the headlights and such in place is stripped! so i can't take it off. i figure i'll just have to fill the gaps with something while painting. problem two, hasbro i guess glues the forarms together so even with the screws out i can't take the forarm apart. anyone got any ideas on how to get the two pieces apart? i thought maybe once i get the arm pins out i could soak it in alcohol and hopefully soften up the glue but i'm not sure if that'll be a waste of time. i got some stuff i want to order from reprolables but i'm waiting for their carbon fiber kit to become available, i asked around but never really got an answer to when that'll be. i need a pin punch and a sodering iron to get the pins out to dye some parts and i need to pick up a clear coat but other than that he's coming along nicely. i'm going to use red krylon fuzion on the parts i want solid red and then testor's acrylic red for the detail stuff and instead of water slide decals (just to much work since i don't have a printer) i'm going to try to hand paint some graffics on the side of the car. anyone know how the red fuzion and red testors match up color wise? oh, just one more question, how much acetone should i add when i'm getting ready to dye the parts i need too? thanks again everybody.

LiquiD

ps; maybe i'll put some WIP pics when i get home from work today, maybe not. i might wait till i have alittle more done.

pps; that apoxi sculpt stuff jin was talking about sounds pretty cool! i don't know if i missed it or not but how does it do with paint? thinking about maybe using some to add some body details and such ot seperate this guy further from the typical WRXs.