Kingdom WFC-K26 Autobot Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Liminality, Jun 12, 2021.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AA
    Center punches take practice to use. You guys be careful. Harbor freight has em for pretty cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I hope some third party company releases new legs for Tracks. It's possible to pop them off below the waste and pop new ones on.

I'm hoping they can fix Hasbro's horrible design with the legs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    To me the ER datsuns have a super fragile feeling so if tracks is more than that that's near cheap KO territory.

4. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry! I meant the siege mold as I don’t own ER ones.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pros:
    * Robot mode does a great job of looking the part
    * Articulation has most of the major points covered
    * Car mode is looking nice and nostalgic as well
    * Flight mode... is. I like the little flip-up tailfins in pretty much any mode actually.

Cons:
    * Robot mode is looking a bit gappy and insubstantial when viewed from the side. Weird feet too.
    * Quality control is a bit of a crapshoot, especially around the legs. Legs are kinda floppy-loose on mine. Some tabs don't hold at all, while others are "good luck getting this dislodged!" making me worry something will stress or break.
    * Because of the QC and overall design. Transforming is largely annoying and un-fun.
    * Weapons look a bit wimpy to me, especially the 'black beam' handgun, which seems more like a frosting-dispensing pastry bag or caulking gun to me.

Overall:
    Reminds me of the Masterpiece Tracks mold in all the same/worse ways. Either mode looks very nice, but you kinda just wanna pick your favorite mode and keep it there most of the time, as changing between them is made of frustration and worry. Still looks good though!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes they are. I noticed it too. Fortunately they're C-clipped in, so popping them out was easy and swapped the right way look good!

Tracks - Corrected wings.jpg

I'm thinking I might do this, I felt like I was cracking a walnut more than untabbing it!

Okay, Tracks. I've mentioned it before, my family wasn't poor, but we weren't all that well off and Transformers were back in the day comparatively pricey. So I only had 3 "full size" cars, Overdrive, Tracks, and Smokescreen. I loved Tracks, transformed him so much that eventually he broke; the drivers side door, the thin armatures around the arm came off, so he lost his arm and door. My dad did his best to fix it (and he did a darn good job), but it was never quite the same. Still, I loved the sleek multi-mode bot.

I've mentioned it before, I'm winding down as a collector for a variety of reasons, but I knew from the moment I saw Tracks that I needed it, even if it wasn't perfect. I absolutely loathe the Wheeljack/Tracks from Classics mold (and looking back, there wasn't much I did like about the Classics line outside of Astrotrain, Optimus, and the Seekers, but that's a different issue), so any version that was even marginally better then that would be a win in my book. I got mine today from Amazon (along with Core Soundwave) and I think the delays worked to my advantage. I've never been a "gotta have it first!" kind of guy, especially with mainline Transformers it seems that waiting can be beneficial, my Motormaster has the better hips, people who wait got a corrected Galvatron, and my Tracks seems to be a big QC win.

Tracks - Car Mode.jpg

Like so many others, I actually like the upper half of the figure, but the legs feel like they could've been done so much better, personally I would've preferred had they taken a page from the CW figures like Off-Road/Ironhide and simply had the legs open up and then recollapse in with a flip out foot.

Also, as quoted above, getting the windshield portion clipped into the hood was a pain, but nothing compared to getting it out to robot mode! I'm also quite annoyed at the lack of a flight stand peg for the flying car mode.

Now, that said, mine has somewhat loose hips and the left knee is a little looser, but the rest is quite tight. Even doing nothing, it stands fine, poses fine, but I've futured the hips and the knee, so I'll see how it is after that, which I expect to be near perfect.

That said, he's so clearly Tracks, he may not be an exact replica of a stingray Vette, but he does has some of the same cues, has the visual cues that I want in robot mode, so I'm happy.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Sorry for the double post, but I've trimmed down the connection tabs from the cabin onto the hood and that has made a world of difference.

While the future worked and the joints are quite stiff now, I also had done the ball jointed feet/ankles and perhaps I shouldn't have; it's more difficult to align the feet now for car mode, so I have to be careful how it's posed to get the car mode all tight still.

8. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Alright, I received Tracks a couple of days ago and was SUPER disappointed in the legs. In particular, the lower legs were an absolute train wreck. The slightest pressure caused them to untab.

Read through the feedback here and noted the comments about tapping the pin holding the fender to the leg. Tried that and still wasn't happy with the results, so I decided to take it a step further. My hypothesis was that I needed to reduce the gap below to pull the fender piece closer to the tab:

20210727_100425.jpg

20210727_100510.jpg

I figured this either due to mold flash or a post that was slightly too long. I ended up needing to heat the pin up to remove it, but didn't see any mold flash. So, I took out my Dremel and sanded a bit off of the post. Wasn't much, and I contined to reattach it to the white leg piece to check the gap width:

20210727_125850.jpg

20210727_141317.jpg

When I was satisfied I used my nail punch to reattach the piece using the pin, used a lighter to remove the stress marks from the outside of the fender, and amazingly the fenders now pretty firmly attach using the tab and slot. I can move the lower leg around without any fear it will pop apart in my hands. One side is still popping out a bit in car mode, but overall it's an *enormous* improvement:

20210727_164509.jpg

20210727_142232.jpg

20210727_142748.jpg

Still a lot of work for a mainline deluxe, but it's increased my satisfaction with the figure immensely.

• Like Like x 15
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    It's one of those problems that reminds you just how reliant on extremely precise measurements TF toys really are. A post being, like, a fraction of a millimeter too long is enough to drastically hobble the functionality of the toy.

Still not sure how this got past QC. This is clearly a design flaw, not just an assembly error.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got this guy in from Amazon yesterday. He's definitely in the running for worst WFC figure. That said, he's still an improvement over the old figure for me. He just looks more like the character, with a better head sculpt and has much better proportions/silhouette. I have the Takara United Tracks which has maybe the best paint of any figure I own, so the deco on the Kingdom figure is a let down by comparison. At least the hood graphics on this new one are miles better than the awful graphics on the RTS figure.

IMG_2189.jpeg

My copy is very floppy and has the same issues with the leg panels (in both modes) that everyone else has. I put some KiKi joint tightener on every joint in the legs today which fixed the looseness. It might also be able to help the alt mode gaps by tightening the connection of the small round pegs holding leg panels to the front of the car. The floppy leg panels are still terrible in bot mode though. They really make posing the figure frustrating since the feet are attached to them.

The tail fins were swapped on mine. Looking through the photos in this thread, it looks like everyone's copies have the assembly error. So basically everyone who buys this figure should check the tail fins and will likely need to swap them. It's very easy to do, they're just clipped in.

2A5B1FE9-7543-4455-A2E5-FA8D518989C2.jpeg 2C1C32A0-1F81-4F62-AF7B-C7E62F8E4AC0.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

With all the talk of this figure sucking I cant wait to get mine and fiddle around with those legs, pins etc.....

Will report back when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I have two left fins. Harder to tell than it should be due to a small defect though.

13. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    I keep getting the feeling that I'm the only person who got one that isn't a lemon.

• Like Like x 3
  14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Two questions:

1. do you think just trying to heat and drive that pin in further from the getgo isn't enough? (hence, sanding down that post)
    2. is it the blue post that you dremeled down to make flatter? Therefore reducing the space between the leg and the part?

15. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yes, the blue post:

20210729_205900.jpg

I *barely* took anything off. Again, took a bit off, checked fit with the white pivot piece, rinse and repeat

Re: the pin, I did try an experiment where I just drove the pin deeper with my nail punch prior to sanding. I couldn't get mine to go much further in, and doing so caused stress marks on the outer portion of the fender that I had to later correct. YMMV

You may also want to try pushing the white pivot piece closer as if you had hit the pin. Mine really wasn't moving, which is why I ultimately thought something needed to be shaved down.

• Like Like x 4
  16. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Thanks man.
    I'm determined to fix mine.....when I get it.
    :) 

17. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried applying clear nail polish to the fender tab, making it thicker so the fenders can peg better?

18. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    I’m hoping that Road Rage will fix some of the QC problems on this mold. Looking forward to buying her and now I’m concerned.

19. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

20210731_125507.jpg So I dapped some clear nail polish onto the fender tab and it seems to be working. Now to tackle the loose leg tabbing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I should try that. I've added Future to the hips and thighs swivel. Legs are now in pretty good shape IMO.

• Like Like x 1