Kingdom Waspinator In-Hand Images & Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Jun 10, 2021.

1. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

You know, I wonder what it is you people are doing where T30 is so readily available that you can decide that you want to get a T30 figure now (and I don't mean like BBTS having a case with Waspinator in it 'readily available').

• Like Like x 4
  2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I was showing you that proportions and shape of features being shifted affects the likeness of a face significantly more. It's literally the first thing any book on caricatures will tell you and I was using it as an example so you would understand why people that are fine with Primal having lined detail on his armor still have an issue with Rhinox's face.

Either way, the reason this Rhinox messed up the face is because they used his Forged to Fight 3D model as reference instead of his actual 3D model from the actual show, you can even see it on other details around his body too lmao

Attached Files:

3. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Also the new wasp isn't even that bad, I honestly don't understand the hate.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know what to tell you, honestly it still looks plenty like Rhinox, as much as any other Kingdom character looks like the character they are representing. Beyond just the beast modes looking entirely different, take Cheetor as an example. Proportionally he is entirely different than the CGI model, in fact he looks nothing like the CG model really. Yet he is still very clearly recognizable as Cheetor.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

Not when my son transforms him into Upright Standing Cheetah Mode. Then he just looks like something from a Japanese horror movie.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

If Kingdom Rhinox was following up a figure like Universe Cheetor, I'm sure it'd be viewed a lot more favorably.

It's easy to imagine a situation where, if Cheetor got a T30 figure that was way better looking, Kingdom Cheetor would be crapped on way more

• Like Like x 13
  7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If anything, though, I feel like it's probably the other way around - they likely gave the artist early images of Kingdom Rhinox to use for reference. I don't think the new comic's been going long enough for the Kingdom toy head to be based on it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Another thing is the beast mode, the waspinator and Rhinox cg models were far from realistic . I mean it makes wasp almost look like a cicada. But either way the new wasp is leap and bounds better in the realism department. Something that was better present in the t30 rhinox imo.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Debating on whether or not I’m going to trade up for this guy. On the one hand, I like my T30 Waspy. On the other, accounting for the Waruders, I’ve bought the mold five times. If I get this I can display it with them and my Fox Kids Waspinator as a demonstration of how his toy engineering has evolved with each passing iteration.

• Like Like x 1
  10. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

god i need this figure now, every time i see it i need it more

• Like Like x 2
  11. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Either way, I like it since it fills his head details out more. It's a nice update to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spot on. And it really is as simple as that.

• Like Like x 5
  13. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doing so makes it "more inferior" than the Kingdom :( 

Ah! I already have an image for this topic.

Funny hasbro stock photos

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Waspinator looks good, but seeing the two waspinators side by side really shows how little they needed to update him. \'30th Waspinator\' is great and looks even better with accurate paint. I\'ve heard some people have had issues with the wings, but I haven\'t. This is a okay option for those that missed the \'30th Waspinator\'. I\'m hoping Tigertron turns out well. He should, they have a masterpiece they can ape the design from.
    As far as season 1 cast remaining, we have Tarantulus, Terrasoar, and Inferno.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Not really, not exactly. Kingdom toys are just that, toys inspired and budget accurate to Transformers Kingdom show.

16. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Cheetor in your example also has a near perfect head sculpt that looks like the BW show unlike Rhinox. It's inconsistent if you compare like every BW Kingdom head sculpt to the BW show. Rhinox is the only one off by this much clearly not based off the CGI.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yet Cheetor's entire body looks nothing like the CGI model. If you're going to complain about a character being off model, in a line that is not intended to be on model, you can't really only pick on one single aspect of the design. You have to take a critical look at the design as a whole. Sure Rhinox's head may be the most off (and again, I've not been arguing the degrees of deviation, simply that all of them deviate), but the only show accurate aspect of Cheetor is his head. Rattrap is missing his hind legs on his back in bot mode. Primal has extra greebles on his head. Also keep in mind 50% of each of the BW designs are not show accurate at a minimum (their beast modes, which I'd argue are more important than the G1 car modes because their beast modes had just as much character as their bot modes).

People need to stop trying to say that the BW guys in Kingdom are show accurate. Definitely inspired by the show, but they are their own unique takes on the designs and arguably more in line with the 06 classics/universe 2.0 design philosophy of modern updates to old characters rather than trying to be recreations of a show model done on a budget.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Which is really all that anyone was saying. We had a string of fairly obvious updates to head sculpts and then Rhinox deviated more than average.

It’s still obviously Rhinox and isn’t the biggest complaint with the toy, but it does stick out as being an odd choice given the rest of the line.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Agree with what you've said. The thing I see you keep doing though is avoid acknowledging when other posters have a point too.

For example regarding head sculpts they have been near dead accurate to the original show and even sculpt when they can. Most of inaccuracy to bot sculpts is caused by the transformation or beast modes being more realistic. That's why Rhinox head and feet are throwing fellow fans off. They're simply not affected by the things I mentioned while Cheetor body is. So is Scorponok (claws), blackarachnia ( spider legs).

It isn't so much about just accuracy but rather consistency across the designs. Rhinox is simply not following the same rules as the other guys did. He and Cheetor both are the most off out of the rest of the kingdom figs and with Cheetor I believe it's due to the Transformation to accomplish the beast mode while with Rhinox the head and feet don't make sense cause they're not needed for alt mode and the rest of the kingdom figures got as close to the Original CGI as they could on head sculpt and even feet.

Regarding your point on beast modes, kingdom won't ever be accurate to BW cgi since they're going for more real life accurate beast modes. MP will keep giving us the CGI accurate beast modes.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason I've not been acknowledging when other posters have a point is because many times those posters are speaking in absolutes (like saying Rhinox isn't show accurate while Primal is). I'm not interested in arguing degrees of deviation among the BW cast (which is more show accurate), I'd rather people just acknowledge that all of the BW guys in Kingdom are arguably less show accurate than their G1 counterparts due to the aesthetic choices made for them (not basing them entirely on the Mainframe designs, while the G1 guys are clearly Sunbow on a budget).

It's kind of having 2 different "arguments" about similar yet subtly different topics simultaneously.