Kingdom Waspinator In-Hand Images & Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's my expectation

• Like Like x 2
  2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Is that confirmed?

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like:
    * Robot mode looks mostly screen-accurate
    * Robot head sculpt seems pretty good. They actually painted the stripes on the robot head antennae, which is pretty rare.
    * Hopefully/presumably better leg/knee/ankle articulation than the T30 toy
    * Wasp mode hides the robot arms better than the T30 version. Limbs are still pretty much wadded up underneath though.

I no so much like:
    * Wasp head is not split for robot mode. That's probably a mistransformation in this photo though, as there is an obvious seam down the middle of the wasp head. Seems the heel spurs are not folded out either.
    * Wasp mode feels a little too 'cute' to me. Don't care for the purple wings. Appears that's a color shared with the robot and bug eyes.
    * Insect legs look too big and too thick to me, seeming bigger than needed for wasp mode and overbearing in robot mode. wonder if they can fold back/out of the way.

Right now, I feel the T30 has a bit more going for it overall, but that opinion might change when I see this in person. It's a closer contest IMO than Rhinox vs. Rhinox, anyway.

4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Heavily rumoured by trusted leakers.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's so frustrating watching people cast judgement with out seeing it properly transformed, there is a HEAVY seam down the center of the beast head, pretty sure it splits.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    isnt that what he said?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Given that this is a likely a prototype, and given that it's CLEARLY mistransformed, my initial impression is... positive.

Thrilling 30 Waspinator is still a pretty nice figure, even in spite of it's somewhat blockly bug mode. This one, at least, seems to have a better wasp mode.

Guess we'll see once it's in-hand, but at the very least, this seems like a decent alternative to the T30 version, even if it doesn't quite seem like a strict upgrade.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sigh* I should've said it differently, I was in a hurry earlier. I should've said it LOOKS like it shares SOME engineering ideas, not that it actually does. Either way, I wasn't trying to say this IS, or is based off of, the original T30 figure. (This gets so tiring...) It doesn't remind me of T30 because of the character design, it reminds me of T30 because of how the legs fold up and the chest piece split down the middle. Even if it's not a direct copy of the original figure, it reminds me of that, not the character's design. Please don't assume what I'm thinking or try to think for me.

I never said they were the same friggin' mold, remotely or otherwise. FFS, people. ARGH! I just want to throw a table...

Same.

I don't have to see it properly transformed (and it's clearly mistransformed) to see I'm not a superfan of it. Rhinox is considered better in the minds of a few here and I still prefer the original T30 version compared to the Kingdom one. I'll be buying it because he's not rubbery like the T30 one is (and I'm sure that will rot at some point), but it's not my favorite of the two. Same as this Waspinator vs the T30 mold. Doesn't mean this is a bad figure, it's just not my cup of tea... Properly transformed or no.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’ve got plenty of waspinator stat traps and primal that get the job done. No need to buy a new one

• Like Like x 2
  10. Powerbomb

Powerbomb There's a record inside me that allows me to talk!

I haven't read much of this thread, has anyone said he's a *remold of thrilling 30 Waspinator*?

*Like how some said POTP Hunn-Gurr was a remolded CW Silverbolt, or Energon Starscream was remolded from G2 Smokescreen?

Note that I don't believe any of them are remolds of the others mentioned. I just wanted to know.

And of course, as I'm typing...I get my answer...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    It ain’t a retool

12. Powerbomb

Powerbomb There's a record inside me that allows me to talk!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I like how you put this. I love the T30 figure. I love the new one. I'm going to have both. If one is better than the other, it doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to get the inferior one or that other people should or shouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I feel like people were banging that same drum over Galvatron, and his proportions ended up looking just as terrible in the official reveal as they did in the first leaked pix. It's pretty rare that something looks so off in a leak as to truly misrepresent how it looks - I believe most of us are savvy enough to recognize a mistransformation and have handled enough transformers to be able to see in our minds eye how it's supposed to look. (like the head most likely splitting)

(for the record, I still think this guy is looking highly lateral from T30, some things better, some things worse)

• Like Like x 3
  15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Thank you.

If someone wants one over the other, more power to 'em. If someone absolutely detests this figure (that's not me), that's their right. If someone loves it, that's also their right. I think everyone should be able to find a figure that makes them happy, whether it's brand new or old skool (even T30 age) and if they want to own both for reasons they deem necessary, s'all good in my mind.

I do hope my T30 holds up after a bunch of years and the rubbery parts don't rot and die, but if they do... I'll have the Kingdom one as a backup. Same with Tracks... If this version fails (structurally, since they can't help themselves with that translucent plastic they have a hard-on for...) then I have the old Generations version. Yeah, he's fat and stout and oddly proportioned, but he's still in my collection and I'm not out a Tracks in the end. Waspinator here will be added to the collection because I want to support the line and I want BW fans to get more of these figures, but I'm not going to lose my mind over this one when it's not ringing all the bells for me.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

The "even T30 age" kills my old bones. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Same. I see people posting about how they were kids when the 2007 movie came out and I was 27 and it hits like

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Including those that say they like it and are going to buy it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

Oh I agree, and at this point Buzzsaw is more likely than inferno. That repaint is easy. But between the known figures and leaks we still don’t have any mention of an Inferno. So If he makes it to Legacy mainline, he will definitely be a voyager. But if he comes in via a selects or “battle across time” Amazon type deal I could see them saying the dlx with remolding is close enough. We shall see. You’re right, he is a prominent character, but they did do this to Rattrap:
    060B1E47-C731-40EF-B2DE-30B3D93036F0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's also frustrating when people cast judgement on a post without fully reading it, 'cause I just SAID that. ;) 

• Like Like x 3