KINGDOM TRACKS In-Hand Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by CactusReporter, May 11, 2021.

1. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

I haven't seen any, but from what I have seen/heard, Chug Tracks is at least a full head taller and quite a bit wider. Kingdom looks more like the animation model but with fake parts and aparently some very thin and flimsy transformation joints.

3. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

I don't see any paint on any white plastic pieces. They're possibly unpaintable nylon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, if only they'd done it like this I'd consider him perfect. Probably a stretch but seeing that the faux roof is a separate piece from the rest of his torso, I wonder if someone could make an upgrade kit for a better one?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThunderDestron

The fake roof is durectly underneath the real one in car mode. If the roof was cut from the backpack, it would just have to telescope down to look like the digibash in robot mode. The only problem is the panel infront of the windsheild that is part of the backpack

6. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mean putting the real roof on his chest, I think it'd be way too big for that to work. I just mean making a new fake roof for his chest that's slightly bigger and is shaped more like the real one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ThunderDestron

The real one looks weird to me in car mode. A real c3 corvet has a lot smaller and more angular greenhouse area and roof, but that would require a lot of new parts to fix. If the roof and windows were more proportionate in car mode, the real parts would be the perfect size

• Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does, I'd been assuming this figure would be using the real roof because if it'd been the right size the proportions in robot mode would be more or less fine. The larger roof doesn't look bad on its own to me in vehicle mode but it definitely hurts the robot mode. I wonder if they had to make it larger to fit all the robot parts underneath it, or if it was a copyright thing?

9. ThunderDestron

Probably they figured they could "kill two birds with one stone" by making the greenhouse larger to avoid copyright and to not have to design a transforming chest?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Why do they always mess up Tracks his legs? The Alt/BT, the MP and now this one.

G1 Tracks had one of the simplest legs of all the Autobot cars: extend, flip out toes and rotate at waist. But for some reason this figure, like the MP, has this weird step of rotating the sides of the car which results in a completely inaccurate look: wheels at the back instead of the front and tapering at the top instead at the ankles.

It's inaccurate to the look of the G1 toy, inaccurate to the animation model and inaccurate to all visual depictions of the character. It's also ugly and awkward and judging by the single review, results in floppy legs on this one. And in contrast, the original his legs look more solid.

Tracks should be such an easy figure to get right since the G1 toy was already pretty darn good and the animation model followed the toy closely. Add articulation and you're practically done, but they keep on making it more complex to the detriment of the end result.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check his animation model again. You don't see the wheel tread from the front of the shin, which is why they've flipped the fenders to hide it. And the legs do taper towards the knee. Still not wholly accurate, because there shouldn't be any blue visible from the front.

The Alt/BT is something entirely different. The more "accurate" tooling became Sideswipe instead, and the Tracks mold wound up doing its own thing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThunderDestron

Exactly
    This engineering choice is good, but the way the leg actually extends out is weird

13. skunkobot

skunkobot Well-Known Member

Kremzeek was ham-handing the toy to a crazy degree, he was clearly trying to rotate it in the wrong direction, and then eventually fumbled it in the right direction without pointing out that he had made a mistake. I would bet money that the next review shows it to be far more elegant. My remaining concern is stability.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

A few reason. One of the best looking alt modes in my favorite color. Great looking headsculpt, huge missile pack and turns into a flying car.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's a good point, they could be.

16. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I hope not. That would mean his wings would be the same material. I want to add red stripes to the wings.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are his feet ball jointed?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    TBF, you can still paint nylon plastic. I painted the yellow hinge on my SS86 Hot Rod just fine. The reason it's called "unpaintable" is because latex-based paints won't bond to it, so in the event of wear it's likely to chip off in flakes rather than merely rub off gradually, and these flakes can potentially be ingested and yeah can't have that.

You could easily find some hobby paint to fill in the red stripes yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  19. skunkobot

skunkobot Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, unpaintable plastic is only unpaintable as far as the factories are concerned, you should be able to add the red.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

You could at home with paints you buy from the store. That kind of plastic just doesn't take factory paint well.

(btw, after further examination, the white is definitely unpaintable nylon -- anything you see being used inside knee joints is nylon, pretty much)

• Like Like x 4