Kingdom Tigatron First Look!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I need to see Shadow Panther too. I hope, HOPE that Mutant Mask is just an add-on and has his regular face too.

2. Soundwavedragon

Soundwavedragon Member

Twitter:
    Figures are usually manufactured 18 months before they are released, enough time to be stolen from factories.

• Like Like x 1
  3. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Famtastic. Looks like an oversized ver of KD cheetor.

4. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Shame about the lack of integrated gut gun storage on beast mode but not a major loss, really liking the look of the mold, though it makes me wish Cheetor's legs were a bit more similar to his so they wouldn't be as bulky as they are. For sure picking up Tigatron and all repaints.

5. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope Tigatron will not be Target or Walmart exclusive.

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a mainline wave 4 release

• Like Like x 8
  7. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Well it's Tigatron alright. Just wish they did a better job on the weathering. Having a clean body but color on the legs and head just looks off. It's like if they had gone through with Polar Claw but only weathered his butt. It's like but what about the rest of him. Polar bears don't just have color on their butts it's spread around to varying degrees on the rest of their fur.

They didn't screw anything up. They just went with a head design based off his original toy much like the rest of him. People just expected his head to look like it did on the show, hence the disappointment.

8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rhinox's head and body are not based on his original toy, they are based on his FORGED TO FIGHT mobile game 3D model. They chose the "wrong" visual reference for his sculpt.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I like it! But what an unnaturally blotchy yellow. Instead of a faint sheen of yellow, he looks dirty. Why would they make such an odd choi-
    THIS IS SO THEY CAN DO A NETFLIX VERSION WITH BETTER COLORS!

And nobody at Hasbro loved this franchise enough to make them fix it.

10. Voytash78

Voytash78 Active Member

Looks nice I like him but I don't like that gutgun doesn't store in Beast Mode. I guess it has been a late addition because people complained Cheetor lacked one. This would explain lack of any good way to store it while all other Beast Wars guys have quite decent weapon storage. Also this would explain why he only does have whip on his artwork.

• Like Like x 4
  11. b ri de s hea d

b ri de s hea d Remember the Lobster Called Gimlet?

this is my favourite kingdom figure yet, I honestly didn't think they could top primal but here we are. doesn't even have a flaw like primal's chest gap. perfect figure

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow, this one actually looks pretty good. Not $30 good, but nothing really stands out as a negative about the figure itself. Weapon storage would have been nice but not a big deal.

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonder if golden disk version might be pure white rather than the theorized orange

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings here, this looks awesome. However it makes me really mad because cheetor could have and should have looked this good. (ignoring the Weird piss color on the tiger mode) 

15. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

And? We still like for Hasbro (Or leakers) reveal the next cast of beast wars regardless.

16. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one thing I’m disappointed by is the partsforming tail whip. Really hoped they would make it fold up against the back like the MP.

17. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    It couldn't because it was a Deluxe and had a limited budget.

(And Kingdom Cheetor is fine for God's sake. We're not talking about WFC Arcee here).

• Like Like x 10
  18. 9999eachhit

9999eachhit Well-Known Member

I can\'t help but notice that for every single Kingdom Beast Wars character/toy that already has a Masterpiece representation, Hasbro has put a out a comparable \"mini-masterpiece\" (within budget). I understand maybe the bodies weren\'t perfect but their heads go basically 1 for 1 in the original beast wars. Some would argue that Cheetor\'s head is off but i think that was more done for safety concerns as those spike would have been weird to manage and manufacture. His actual face is perfect. Anyways, notice how stylized the non MP characters are. Scorponok, Rhinox, Rattrap, Waspinator, and Airazor. Makes me feel like there\'s hope for MPs for each of those characters. Hasbro doesn\'t want to release \"mini-masterpieces\" of those characters because they don\'t want to shoot themselves in the foot. What say you?

P.S. I could also see Rattrap being a counter example, as he is pretty close to the show model, but he is grossly too small when compared to the other characters so this core class figure wouldn\'t compete with an MP. The top of Rattrap\'s head should ideally come up to Cheetor\'s shoulders. Maybe he\'s that small in Kingdom, but that\'s no stand in for the MP that I so desparately want lol

P.P.S. I took another look at my Kingdom shelf and i suppose Airazor breaks my logic, buuuut I think that\'s more because her MP is not going to happen for a looooooong time. Even if TT was ONLY releasing beast wars, she would be one of the last ones of season 1 to get one and it seems like they\'re taking a break from BWMPs.

TL;DR: I\'m trying to keep my hopes up for future Beast Wars Masterpiece figures by positing that Hasbro stylized some Kingdom figures so they wouldn\'t compete with future MPs

19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro wouldn't be shooting themselves in the foot since they don't produce Masterpiece figures (aside from the occasional Movie Masterpiece)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Love it…. The S1 cast is coming together very nicely! :thumb 

• Like Like x 6