Kingdom Tigatron First Look!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is KINGDOM Tigatron, so he pouts to show you that he means business and that his cartoon is for mature adults.

Not him, but Rhinox is just straight up fiddly and complex in a un-fun way. Feels like a ROTF toy that ended up time-displaced into 2021.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:

When was he the friendly one? I just remember him as the stoic one. Seems pretty spot-on.

8DF17BDD-39E1-4E7B-B52D-70701B86D451.jpeg 366B0937-7FBE-48AC-8E97-404A2D2A222B.jpeg 67A7E293-6C44-4668-BB78-4DDFE0B4BBCC.png D4C3B80C-210D-494D-9E26-92B65802C7F5.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. The designer must have lost track of orientation while making the CAD file. And honestly, that makes me feel better knowing I can’t do anything about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Tigatron was a fairly multi-faceted character. Being the first stasis pod to reactivate in the show sets him apart from the rest of the cast as he's equal parts beast and bot, granting him insight that other characters simply don't have. Of all the Maximals, he's among the most mature, thoughtful, and introspective, with a deep connection to the natural world the Beasties now call home, especially since his memories of Cybertron, if he ever had them to begin with, are a blank. This connection to nature is why he has anti-war sentiments to begin with-- Snowstalker's death was a tragic mistake, and as far as he's concerned she was a civilian casualty, and one he caused at that. I'd chalk his "stoicism" up mostly to his rather formal way of speaking compared to the other members of the cast, being far less prone to slang and having no catchphrase that I can think of but honestly he didn't need one because he was voiced by Blu Mankuma and that's really all you need. Honestly I could write an entire dissertation about why Tigatron is the best and I love him but then we'd be here all day.

As for the facesculpt itself, I think it looks fine, and I'm going to chalk the "grumpy" eyes up to Hasbro's need to sell toys as he wouldn't look tough enough if they were too relaxed. It reminds me of American Box Art Kirby.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Since Tigatron has a Gut Gun, I really need one for Cheetor.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    He didn't like war, but that didn't mean he couldn't fight one.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

It's insane to me that they have the mold for it but couldn't be arsed to paint it yellow and stick it in Cheetor's box. At the very least they could've included it with Netflix Cheetor.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This … totally in agreement . Could’ve tossed it in with Cheetor .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering this is wave 4 and Cheetor was wave 1, they probably didn't have the mold completed when Cheetor came out.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    And we have reason to believe that Cheetor is already up against his budget limit, with the Netflix version losing the leg paint apps. I can’t imagine there would be room for a new, over-sized gun, let alone the factory slot and productions costs for a run in yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Voytash78

Voytash78 Well-Known Member

I don't think the lack of paint apps on Netflix version is a budget thing. They just prioritezed Beast Mode look for that version and unpainted legs better blend in with the Beast Mode. This is also why he has robot mode inaccurate green eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Not giving Cheetor the budget for his gun is just a roundabout way of saying "We couldn't be arsed to paint it yellow and stick it in Cheetor's box".

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Really two things kill it for me. Rhinox's torso only really looks good from the front. His body is so flat otherwise. Second is the legs. They look ugly as sin. Oh and weapons suck. I don't have the T30 Rhinox but I like those weapons and the way they look much better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Sort of? Like, he had one single episode where he retreated into the forests after his tiger wife got blowed up. Other than that middle part of that episode, he was pretty okay to shoot the crap out of Predacons. He just preferred roughing it outside versus hanging out indoors. Sure, he was protective of nature, but like, he would also open up a bucket of artillery on Predacons to protect that selfsame nature. He was never really a pacifist.

The Kingdom headsculpt is just the Masterpiece CAD info shrunk down. It's absolutely representative of what Tigatron looks like.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    i think i know whats putting me off the headsculpt now- the helmet. it looks way bigger than it was in the show or on the MP. its the big eyes and the size of the helmet.
    upload_2021-7-25_14-59-48.png
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The helmet doesn't really look any different to me proportionally. Kingdom has a flatter chin though

• Like Like x 5
  18. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    its the ridges behind the helmet that put me off. if they weren't there it'd look nicer imo

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I mean we've got Rhinox over there wearing goddamned Majin Buu earmuffs and a chinstrap, I don't think I could bring myself to complain about a half a millimeter of helmet width on Tigatron.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    rhinox's headsculpt is godawful, but this is still bad too. i dont get why they got so close to his headsculpt and just screwed it up. its definitely not the MP head scaled down as someone else asserted.

i'm fine with the bodies looking different, thats par for the course. but making the head look right doesn't cost any extra.