Kingdom Tigatron First Look!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jul 22, 2021.

1. The Adorkable Mike

The Adorkable Mike My third favourite colour is yellow

Beast mode looks a little meh, and is definitely the least impressive of the Kingdom Maximals to me. But hot damn, that robot mode looks fantastic! I cannot wait to pick this guy up and complete my season 1 Maximals.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

Tigatron looks pretty good! Definitely looking forward to his release

3. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Actually not a new thing, in Beast Hunter, they OS'd the... legend sized combiner... monster... thing I forgot the name, and removed the combiner joint.

• Like Like x 2
  4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Eh, not a fan of foot-knees or butt flap. Rest looks pretty decent.

5. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Your original point is that concealed weapons detract from a toy. I cited the Beast Wars line as a counter example It's also already been established that Kingdom isn't going for a strictly screen accurate approach, otherwise Cheetor would look way different. In Tigatron's case, something like the gut gun only makes sense if it isn't obnoxiously hanging off his cat mode exterior. If they're unable to squeeze a gun inside of his new design, best to go with Cheetor's approach and try something different. In Rhinox's case, his design isn't compromised because of his weapons; his weapons are compromised because of his design. Thrilling 30 Rhinox already proved you can do his chainguns right.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Yeah that came to mind when I saw this, that was a dark time for Transformers, crazy how hard they rebounded

7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Wrong. I said that design philosophy often hurts designs. It doesn't always, but it can. Now in the old days when the toys were the basis for the designs it wasn't an issue, but definitely today in the modern age where they create the toys to look like the character's design instead of the toy design. That's where concealed weapons can hurt these designs, because a lot of these older character designs cheat and don't account for realistically stowing some parts in an alt mode. If they can't keep the designs correct, don't ruin them by dropping an aspect of the design (the weapons) or compromising them to fit into the alt mode. That's why I said stowed weapons are overrated, because I don't want to see designs compromised by ruining the weapons like with Rhinox's tiny saw blades, or "trying something new" like with Cheetor's stupid tail.

Just get the design right, character and weapons. If they can't integrate the weapons into the alt mode, oh well. It's not a real loss.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Is the face in the crotch an intentional design element? I mean, it even has teeth. (Not a BW fan, so forgive my ignorance…)

• Like Like x 2
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I think the main thing that throws it off is that his chin is half the length it should be.

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Real world white tigers usually have a mix of white and off white fur. The off white fur is supposed to be orange, but due to a genetic mutation it is lacking in much of the pigment it's supposed to have.

• Like Like x 3
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I agree. Especially the uneven back panels/kibble on Tigatron's beast mode. Time to bust out the out white spray paints!

12. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    I mean, maybe adults aren't the target market when they're selling 20 dollar toys, and the design is just fine for who they're actually going after? They clearly borrowed as much as they could from the MP design, but the cost of the figure is going to influence what they can do. There's 3P if you absolutely have to have toys at this scale and want hyper detailed figures, or if you really wanna break the bank there's MP. These are designed to be played with and used by children though. The line isn't gonna get that wild because if Tigatron can't go under the Christmas tree, then Hasbro has a problem.

Stuff like this happens because my almost four year old can transform Cheetor, and as a result, probably this too. This is a toy that's designed so that an eight year old that licks pennies can transform it without issue. There's a reason you don't see mainline collectors wait for transformation videos like they do in the MP scene. The transformation is childishly simple. The problem isn't the design, but rather assuming adults that can enjoy it are the primary market.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Jack Hightower

Jack Hightower Jacko3770

For those who care like me, Tigatron is K-35.

14. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it. The butt flap doesn’t bother me and I like the tail weapon (although had they engineered the tail and weapon together to make his second gun, that would have been pretty neat). Even the shades of tan painted in are pretty cool as actual white tigers do tend to have random bits of light brown smattered across their fur. The only thing I don’t care for is that they didn’t bother to cover up the crotch plate in beast mode. Well, that and the poor storage for the gut gun, but I’m a bit whatever about that. Still, I almost want two just to paint the second gun yellow for Cheetor. Please release a weapons pack with a recolored yellow gut gun, Hasbro. Please.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do we have an actual rumor that the Golden Disk Tigatron is orange? What if it’s simply a clean white version of this with metallic green paint?

• Like Like x 4
  16. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I’m so jazzed. Tigatron was one of my favorites. In 5th grade, I used him in a diorama for a display. I don’t even know what happened to him after that, but I loved him so much. I was going to buy the MP, but this is definitely the right price point (aka cheaper).

I hope that the future updates to this design includes mouth articulation and a mask.

17. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    maybe the orange repaint will have a mask?

18. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    the abominus i think

19. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    I don't think we have any rumors about it. Just the Amazon listing, and even those have been wrong/misleading before.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

No comment.