Minor/Repaint: Kingdom/Selects Galvatron heads

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by The Madness, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Would I need to sign up separately for this or are you going to reserve for the first one's who already mentioned interest in this here in this thread? ^^;

2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    So if each head only has two faces, how does one get all 3 of the wildman inspired heads? 290E1AEE-BDE4-42C8-846F-37AAB1567573.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

To the extent that you're already doing planning here, put me down for a set of the ones you're making plus a set of hands - my only "gripe" as such is Shapeways being the only way to get a "laughing" UK Galvatron face, which... I mean, how am I going to pose him atop Ultra Magnus and not have him laughing in triumph?

I'll do it, eventually, I guess, lol!

seriously though, these are so fucking cool and you are a champion for being willing to put up with us lunatics.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    I feel kind of stupid for gushing over these every time this thread is updated, but they're seriously just that good. I'm kind of obsessed with them. If I can I'm probably just going to order the Wildman head, but they're all incredible. You are an absolute legend. These are brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Those Wildman heads and hands are gorgeous, I'm 100% in for a produced set when orders open up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    How do I order from you? Should I send you a pm?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    1. Yes, just send me a PM with the details of which head(s) you're after and a Country/state address for a price including delivery. There's a figure posted earlier in the thread that should be accurate for people in the US, but it's still a good idea to check. Paypal payment has generally been acceptable for most people in the past.

2. No, that is a cost per finished head and two faces.

No, sending me a PM is easiest at this stage, Cults3D is mostly for those with their own printers. I don't think I'll need a shop front at this stage.

A PM with your details is a great start, that way I can ensure the materials are ready for each batch. I won't start without payment finalised, as people can have the tendency be a bit flaky at times, but I'll keep track of all PMs as formal commitments.

No that's fair. While production is limited, I don't think there's risk of missing out at this stage, so don't feel pressured. Just send me a PM when you're ready.

Yeah, I was eyeing them off too! :)  It is possible to order an unfinished set and without the paints and sealant it would be priced at a good discount. But to be fair to you, printing locally using an STL file would be cheaper and quicker in the long run.

I'll make sure to prioritise people who have been active in the thread, but it's best to send a PM with a more formal commitment. Not everyone who posts they'd buy something in a thread follows through, so it matters to get something more concrete before moving ahead.

To be honest, it didn't occur to me that someone would want all three faces. :)  They were just a bonus for those who have to pay more and frankly I can't help myself when it comes to different expressions. While painting teeth as small slithers can become tedious, one after the other, I'm sure something can be arranged for people ordering directly from me.

OK, so running on from the above, I'll see what I can do about the third face. The intention was essentially a small amendment for those who have no other option than Shapeways. While I don't want to get too carried away with convoluted options and exceptions, getting from the source shouldn't be a disadvantage.

Haha, no complaints here! Seriously, though, this last month has been difficult, but I'm just glad to be doing something that can be appreciated. It's a great distraction and I appreciate the enthusiasm. Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  8. The Madness

News Credits:
    Just an update. The above price is for economy air to the US metro regions, which apparently doesn't include tracking. 'Standard delivery' with tracking costs AUD$21, which converts to around USD$15.27. The way things are with parcel deliveries currently, I think I'd favour something with tracking.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As was I. It turns out you don't need to use those holes, the whole kneecap piece is held on by two pegs on the shins and a minuscule amount of glue. They'll just pop off if you pull forward on them carefully enough. The replacements would have to be hinged to swing out of the way for the cannon mode though.
    IMG_20211119_224927624.jpg

Yeah dude, I think you've seriously underestimated how good of a job you've done. A lot of people are going to want full sets of face options, myself included. You wouldn't even have to paint them for me, I'd just Shapeways or print them out myself.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. neurowing

neurowing Predacon

News Credits:
    Awesome!
    Will purchase later! Thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I'll have to purchase these when I can. Very cool work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    I want that please now thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Any plans to design a 1:1 G1 toy helmet?

Would you make a replacement crest to replace the purple?

How do I order head 2 but with 1’s colors?

14. The Madness

News Credits:
    That is interesting. I admit I had more of a cursory look at the piece, but there's plenty of potential there.
    With regards to the faces, I guess I did underestimate potential demand. I'm happy to make them all available, as long as people are happy for them to be available to everyone. While it isn't fair to make something an exclusive, it's not fair that some people have to pay more for a particular distribution method either.

I'll do a toy head and an IDW Barbarian head if I make back my expenses on the first three.

I believe a replacement crest would still need to be painted, making the exercise a bit redundant.

Can you be a little more specific with regards to the colours? I'm assuming you mean the lighter face of head 1, which is a matte paint, not a semi-gloss.
    I'm going to make another lot of sample faces for head two, as I wasn't happy with the colour contrast with the head. The image with all three faces has the same paint colour mix as the original on page 1, but is applied on top a darker resin. I'll post some photos before I release batch one.

Speaking of which, the first batch has been allocated already!

• Like Like x 1
  15. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey, I'm a
    If you're looking to do a G1 Toy head, I'd check out how Don Figueroa interpreted the original toy desk on the cover of Dreamwave's Transformers Armada years ago. I think it really takes the shape and makes it more modern-action-figure friendly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just bought the movie head stl. Super stoked to give printing it a whirl. Ive got a CR10 any advice on setting up the model?

17. The Madness

News Credits:
    That's actually a really good interpretation, despite the obvious changes. I can imagine there will be a few people nostalgic for the original expression, but that seems only a face-plate away from this.

To be honest, I thought only people with resin printers would be interested. That aside, I'm all in for to pushing the FDM envelope if you're willing. The first couple of prototypes were ultra fine FDM prints from an Ender 5, which had custom supports. I'm sure I can make some adjustments and have some supported files for you in the next day if that's what you want? I still have to do a bit of a catch up on PMs first, (thanks for your patience everyone!).

• Like Like x 2
  18. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    I am indeed considering that, but that doesn't get me the smirky smirkerson face I like :) 

19. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got you DM with the links, cant wait to try them out. I want a resin printer in the future but for now im sticking with the FDM. Managed to print one of Toymakers Ultra Magnus models out and it looks beautiful. Just gotta do it in a finer detail. Once i test print it ill post pics here in the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  20. neurowing

neurowing Predacon

News Credits:
    Purchased and messaged my printer.
    Can't wait to get my resin print and paint it.

• Like Like x 1