Minor/Repaint: Kingdom/Selects Galvatron heads

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by The Madness, Aug 27, 2021.

1. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They look fantastic. I'm down for a Senior set whenever you're ready to sell em.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

...Damn I was so hyped for the Wildman version that I didn't even consider a Senior one...

I don't know what to do!

...I have to buy a K-Magnus for him to kick the crap out of, Senior-style.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Those Andrew Wildman style ones are absolutely fantastic. Amazing work, honestly. These are incredible. I hope these work out, I'd love to get my hands on a set.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Absolutely love that bottom row. Interested in a set when they become available. And hopefully those hands work out because I would definitely buy those too

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Thanks for the suggestion! Ordered my very own old man peeper kit. Not only does aging suck, it really shifts a gear after the big 40.

I feel like I can see both the brush and the surface, but put them together and they enter the blur dimension! I can't wait to see what people do with these too.

Anything closer than 15cm is a smudge, with or without glasses for me. But I guess good lighting can make the difference.

Yep, the middle one is the smirk. Column one has the default faces from page one. The second column are the bonus heads for post orders and the third are likely bonuses for Shapeways orders. Cults files should be up by the end of the week, then I'll see about Shapeways. I normally shirk at repaints, but I'd take another release with movie colours in a heartbeat!

Hands update:

I'm pretty happy with the prototypes, though I'll keep tweaking for a bit. Plenty of clearance for paint too, (pictured in primer grey).
    [​IMG]

Updates coming end of week.

• Like Like x 11
  6. The Madness

News Credits:
    At this stage, I'd say it's mandatory for Selects Galvatron to have a Magnus ragdoll to throw around!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I'm short sighted, that's why it's weird how I suddenly can't see things near when using seeing aid, but without it still works. There was a time where I had that only using glasses, so I couldn't properly read my smartphone, but with contacts it's fine, now it starts that also contacts work at near sight, but gar away seeing aid still works. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked again. But being short sighted and then not even being able to see near is fucked.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    BONUS heads? Wow I really haven't been keeping track of this; I may need to backread. I'm now looking at the left and middle from the bottom row (if I order the left, will the middle be the bonus?) and for the gray I'm waffling between the middle and the rightmost this time (same question I guess)?

These are just so good they make one want to have multiple options (like one backplate, multiple possible faces). You've really nailed these.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the faces aren't interchangeable on a single base head? That's kinda disappointing. Even so, I still want all three Senior heads and I'd rather you didn't split them up between mediums like that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Madness

News Credits:
    Sorry for the confusion, that should be bonus 'faces'. For clarity, there are three heads. Each compatible with three different faces with nine total combinations. One for each head is a default and available through all channels, the others are bonus faces for different distribution methods. They're an offer to give better value to options that include postage charges.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  11. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

yeah put me down for Wildman grimacing and Senior laughing.

These just get better and better and better and how about maybe those giant-ass spoon kneepads he was drawn with in the comics?

• Like Like x 1
  12. C16

C16 Space Nomad

If the faces are removable, that will make painting the head to match mine way easier!

• Like Like x 1
  13. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah i'll be picking up a couple of pairs when they go on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Madness

News Credits:
    You actually got me checking for attachment points! No, I need to avoid distraction and get some heads to people!

Yep, the design intent was to make painting easier. The ones with teeth are the only real challenge and even then a bit of masking does wonders.

Awesome! STLs are now live for anyone with a printer.

=====================

[​IMG]

Finally! STLs have been uploaded to Cults. People can no start printing their own! Postal orders to start production next week. Please read below for details.

Download STL file Comic Galvatron (One) Head • 3D printable object ・ Cults

Download STL file Comic Galvatron (Two) Head • 3D printable model ・ Cults

Download STL file Galvatron Head (Kingdom Purple) • 3D printable model ・ Cults

Prices (Heads):

• STL (Cults- default face): USD$3.50
    • Produced and Delivered (default + bonus face): USD$13.50 + Delivery
    • Shapeways (Default + column 3 bonus face): TBA

Prices (Hands)

• STL: USD$2.50 (Should be up in a day).
    • Produced and Delivered (add to existing order): +USD$4
    • Shapeways: TBA

These are the lowest prices I can do. It is important to me to be clear that I am not exploiting or profiting from the talented comic artists that inspire these pieces. As I’ve stated, this is a hobby and I’m not in it for the money, though I would like my material costs met, or at least reduced. That said, I’m realistic and I doubt I’ll make back all my costs. Testing and producing for resin printers is much more expensive than FDM design.

Produced by me

I am not charging for my time and labour, so there’s no pricing mechanism to limit demand for anything I’m printing and painting. Instead, I’m imposing hard limits. I’m only doing batches of ten a week, for a total run of no more than 40. Small batches are a realistic goal that allows for a reasonable work/life balance and gives me lead-in time to order supplies/consumables as required.

There is no contingency in the price for lost or damaged goods, which is one of the reasons for the limited production and batch quantities.

For hand-painted samples: please also be aware that these are garage kits and imperfections are likely to occur, despite my best efforts. If you consider your standards to be exceptional and uncompromising, please consider not purchasing an order. Or, better yet, purchase the STL and show me up with your awesome painting skills. Meeting impeccable expectations would demand a significantly higher ticket price.

Potential downer: The way shipping woes and holidays are converging, I can’t guarantee any deliveries to arrive before Christmas.

Shapeways

The Shapeways listing is still pending. Pricing is determined by manufacturing costs. I think it’s standard to throw a dollar or so on top, right?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  15. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    First off, this thread has exploded and I haven’t read thru all the pages, so forgive me if these Qs were answered somewhere already:

1-how do I go about ordering a produced & delivered head(s) and hands ? PM? Or is there a site or link?

2-do all 3 heads available come for that 1 price, or is that cost per head?

• Like Like x 1
  16. C16

C16 Space Nomad

So do we do the ordering all through Cults if we want it produced for us or is that something we hit you up for directly here?

• Like Like x 1
  17. edjodapro2468

edjodapro2468 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can’t wait to buy some, on a road trip rn but I’ll buy some files in a few days :) . Words cannot express how cool there heads faces and hands look.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please let me know what I would need to do to order a head produced by you when you get a chance :) 

19. grimtrigger

grimtrigger Well-Known Member

Let me know how I can purchase one of the "produced" ones. Im really keen on getting the Marvel UK Galvatron heads, can't decide which one yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    Funny enough, there ARE small square holes at the bottom of the kneecaps...

Anyway, I may end up ordering two as planned. Is it possible to order them unpainted, to save you some time and effort (because I'm sure you'll be swamped in no time)?

• Like Like x 1