Kingdom Red Alert!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Yoshimon7, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly soundwave was gonna be mainline but due to Covid he was forced to be in Netflix due to Walmart supporting it and the others, idk about bumblebee though, may be in the same boat

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    According to this post, made by @Pixelmaster:

So, not directly attributed to Covid, more a case of "can't fit into a retail assortment, too much new tooling to be cost effective as an online fan-channel release, gonna have to be part of Walmart's customised program."

In the same post Pixelmaster mentioned that Bumblebee and Elita 1 were put into the 2nd wave of Netflix Deluxe-class to replace two redecos. One of which, Deseeus Army Drone, was definitely released in wave 3 and the other was very likely blue Deep Cover, also moved to wave 3.

~L~

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's worth noting that 2020 had more-or-less the exact same amount of mass-retail Generations releases as any other year - coronavirus didn't reduce the amount of product, it just delayed some of it from summer to around September, resulting in that big gap between the first and second waves of Earthrise.

So if anything's to blame for Soundwave not being at normal retail, it's more likely to be Siege running for five waves, and/or a very mundane case of "we had more stuff in development that we had room for at mass retail."

• Like Like x 6
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Honestly I'd argue that the only true "core" characters are only Optimus and Megatron. And even then not necessarily the G1 versions, just that every iteration of Transformers needs to have a version of at least one or both.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I don't know about you, but I find the banality of the truth more depressing than any conspiracy theory.

It's all very seductive to believe in deliberately reduced production runs to artificially inflate demand, or some shadowy cabal of Hasbro employees funneling stock directly from the dock to their officially unofficial eBay shopfront.

They are enticing fictions that are more entertaining to speculate on than the boring truth - that without Toys R Us to carry the lion's share of toy retail the whole industry has slumped onto the shoulders of the big box retailers who stock toys as a small percentage of their overall product range.

Big box retailers can't, and don't, prioritise toys over any other product line, so toys are subject to the same ordering policies as all other products. Which, as described in an earlier post, results in frequent empty pegs.

There is no evil, toy hoarding dragon that needs slaying and there is no clandestine operation to drive up the aftermarket value of new toys before they have even hit shelves.
    There is only a disconnect between the way retailers keep their stores stocked and the way collectors buy up everything they can because if they don't the next collector will.

As much as collectors would like to believe it's all about is, it's nothing personal, it's just business.

~L~

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly, their behind the scenes info (info about the why's of things and stuff like that) has proven to be consistently incorrect, so anything they say outside of "x figure is coming out" should probably be taken with a grain of salt. This is the same poster that once claimed that the Armada Prime prototype from Takara was intended to be a Kingdom figure despite Hasbro having nothing to do with it's development.

• Like Like x 3
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Snapper was my first BW figure. Getaway was my first TF.

Though the latter got reinvented as part of the IDW run...but before that he was just another face in the crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Such a crazy time on TFW when rumor mongers and insider information, which could easily change overnight, is taken as gospel without any critical thinking. But then again it isn't the first time that TFW has taken a cult like following to certain people who say just enough right things for people to go crazy over.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either Blaster, a 1 armed G1 prime, Seaspray, Onslaught or Swindle was my first Transformer (hand me downs from my brother), Snapper, Rattrap and Terrorsaur were my first BW guys that I bought (Snapper being first probably because of my affinity for TMNT).

Agreed, it's amazing how much people take as fact without actually examining reliable and known information.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

The main issue with this is that Pixelmaster also claimed that Elita-1 was originally intended for Gen Selects, even though he also claimed that Gen Selects is "only for easy repaints", hence why Soundwave couldn't fit, yet Elita-1 has a completely new torso, waist, shoulders, head, and even the non removable portion of her backpack is different, only slightly but it is.

He's not completely unreliable, and I'm sure there's some truth to this claim, but there are gaps in the logic and sometimes he just gets outright false information from his sources. That last part's already been confirmed by other leakers.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's also admitted to filling in his own blanks if I recall correctly

• Like Like x 3
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    The problem is that even if all of the people who get access to leaks are "right" the problem is for all we know they're all leaked from different parts in the process. Not to mention our info now is so far ahead we're talking 2023.

We're getting too far past the point where things are finalized. Look at Skywarp/Nightprowler. We had evidence on the box that Skywarp was coming, but because of various leakers people still weren't sure if it was Skywarp or Nightprowler coming in the next set.

We've got more info than we should without any context around it. And we're quickly learning why Hasbro typically doesn't give "yes" or "no" to questions related to speculation or future plans. Because shit can change.

That's all this is. People are getting info from who knows where and it's all at different points in development so what one person sees could be "true" but it's outdated by the time someone else sees contradicting but no less "true" info.

• Like Like x 10
  13. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yes please! Those are two easy four packs or four easy 2 packs. I’ll happily buy those characters. I love the Sideswipe clones as Troopbuilders.

14. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say this as @Pixelmaster 's friend...he's an idiot sometimes.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Old Man Slerm

Old Man Slerm Well-Known Member

I agree with your second tier list completely. As I read through the thread getting caught up, and saw the 'core' list shrink down to 4 (and even 2), I had to be honest with myself that being one of my favorites didn't necessarily constitute a 'core' status.

One change I would make, however. I would definitely have Hound and even Mirage in the second tier list.

On the decepticon side, (assuming Megatron and Starscream are the 2 'cores') I think Soundwave, Skywarp and Thundercracker are obvious second tiers, even though one might argue that there weren't many (G1 cartoon) episodes where all 5 of the above weren't present. That would leave second tier open for Devastator, the insecticons, and Soundwave's cassettes.

Just my thoughts. An interesting thing to think about, indeed.

16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't watched G1 in almost 20 years. I know Hound and Mirage were prominent in MTMTE, but I don't recall them being big players after. Am I wrong about that?

I think its Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave easy top 3. Thundercracker and Skywarp and the Seekers kinda slot in as the Decepticon troops that had toys, even though they rarely had more than a line every few episodes. I think Shockwave may have been more prominently featured than the Seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

I think the Decepticons who were actually instrumental to the plot of the stories and the series were Megatron, Starscream, (I honestly don't remember Soundwave ever being instrumental to the plot or doing anything important) Shockwave, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Bombshell, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge.

As far as Autobots go, its Optimus, Wheeljack, Grimlock, Sky Lynx, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Kup, Brainstorm, Ultra Magnus.

18. Old Man Slerm

I watched through in March/April of last year, just when things were shutting down. It was a good excuse to plant in front of the tv and rewatch. If memory serves, they both were around in quite a few episodes. It seems like I remember if Spike wasn't riding in Bumblebee, he was in hound. And there were several occasions where Mirage's stealth would come into play to scout or sabotage a space bridge, or foil some plan of the cons. It seems like they were always in the 'roll out' scenes, as well. Perhaps just so the artists had the variety of colors and shapes that made whatever group was rolling out somewhere seem bigger or more diverse.

I totally disagree about Soundwave. He may not have had many action-y solo moments of his own, but it seems like almost every episode he was launching Lazerbeak, Ravage, or the earthquake twins from his chest to join in a fight or go spy on something. Maybe those should be in the second tier, but in my head, they're all kind of one 'group' with Soundwave.

:edit:

Another second tier Autobot that I think should absolutely make the second tier list is Perceptor.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

If Red Alert was truly a core member of the cast, they’d already would’ve given him a core class release!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Old Man Slerm

21751401_1459794977391364_8974975982255243008_n.jpg