Kingdom Rattrap?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The13Primes, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed and his gun is not that large so that shouldn't be an issue.
    the CHP talk has stirred some long dormant memories in me.

• Like Like x 4
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. The fact that we're actually getting any new BW figures at all in Generations let alone in WFC3 when Hasbro could've just straight up ignored BQ altogether for it's 25th anniversary and just focused on only the 35th anniversary of the 86 TF movie like a lot of was were expecting a year ago is pretty freaking amazing. Like I said Kingdom Rattrap's not perfect. I don't think anyone here is saying that but it's not like they just used the ER Cliffjumper mold and slapped a Rattrap head on it and called it a day either. If there was a moment where it's time for us BW fans to vote with our wallets and let Hasbro know that we want more BW characters now is the time and I'm not going to pass up on that chance!

• Like Like x 5
  3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    You take things very seriously and I hope you're okay. I think you're a good, smart person who makes erudite points and is nice to everyone you meet, you don't have to work so hard to prove it to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All I am saying is I wouldn't want to arm wrestle Kingdom Rattrap. Rats got some leverage if you know what I'm sayin'.

5. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    If this thread is an indication of what Kingdom threads are gonna be like, I’m excited to read more incoherent animal babbling.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't actually mind some of the missing paint apps on Core Rattrap. Since he's a small beast-former, the missing paint apps on his legs, etc give him a more natural look (Also, shiny silver down his legs would make him a lot easier to spot when he's trying to sneak around (that's one of the first things I notice when I look at other toy Rattraps. All the Predacons had to do was keep an eye for a rat stuck to a pair of shiny silver legs in the distance.- my personal head canon). Kingdom Rattrap's colour layout blends together better.)).

I have to admit if he was a Deluxe, a vehicle mode Autobot/Decepticon or another Beast Wars character, the lack of paint might have irritated me. I do like where they did choose to use it, which I think is where it was needed the most (yes, a shiny silver head probably doesn't help when you're trying to sneak around, but some things just have to be done) .

Overall, I am glad we are getting a return of Beast Wars. I like the T30 Rattrap, but I don't need it, even with it's extras. Kingdom Rattrap, though more simple detail- and designwise, is the perfect size (and less bulky), sculpt and seems to represent the spirit of the character better than any other version I've seen (- IMO and is it me, or does he really look like he's smirking?) which is really what I wanted all along.

And I actually like it. I'm thinking, finally, a chance to get a line of figures of the BW characters that I actually do like.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with liking the figure, and there isn't anything wrong with disliking it. If someone doesn't like it, it isn't necessarily because they need to work out their expectations... it might just mean they don't like it. That's honestly okay. No one has to justify their feelings or defend them.

It's OKAY to like it, even if other people don't. You don't need everyone to agree with you for your own opinion to be validated, you are allowed to like it. You can choose for yourself whether something is good or bad, worth the money or not. If someone else feels differently, that is no threat to your own opinion. That opinion is valid and totally yours.

There's no reason to try to brush other people's opinions off for any reason, or try to invalidate them. We may be playing with children's toys, but we don't need to act like children.

I like this Rattrap. If you don't like the Rattrap, that makes me sad because I'd like to share the hype, but I won't think any less of you for it. And I won't say your expectations were wrong.

• Like Like x 8
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    From the looks of the complaining I'm almost afraid that this will be the time that the BW fans choose to use their buying power and refuse to purchase stuff. That's a good way to get a line cancelled since the same people would have us believe that collectors carry the lines.

Do you think they'd blame John Warden if that happens?

• Like Like x 5
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Those people are idiots.

And the same people who throw fits about the shade of yellow on Sunstreaker now wanting to act like BW fans should buy anything/everything because it's the only hope to keep the toyline afloat somehow manage to be bigger ones.

Oh I'm absolutely positive the next few years on this forum will be wasted by people claiming that certain things were either Warden's idea or "the new guy's" idea based on what they like or don't like and based on their views of Warden.

Not that it's any different from any other time on this forum. Just like I'm sure the reactionary fans on prominent Power Ranger forums will make Warden public enemy #1 if the Red Ranger's helmet is the wrong shape on the next round of toys.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

A thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters, given infinite time, will eventually write a Kingdom thread on TFW2005. And probably faster than the complete works of Shakespeare.

Even chance it'd be a mix of Warden and the newb(s), since there are several people that seemed to be convinced product development cycles go from initial concept to shipped product in like three days.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  12. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    List, please? I'm curious as to which ones.

13. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

• Like Like x 1
  15. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 24
  16. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Wait...these are supposed to be "controversial?"

If those are real, they look fantastic. There's articulation specifically for the beast modes included. What are the leakers implying would make people mad?

• Like Like x 5
  18. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Hey that cheetor looks pretty cool but I'm still curious as to what the core size gimmick is.

For real tho, I dig the behind-the-shoulder kibble. Gives him a neat sorta half-cape look.

Maybe the more pale yellow? But like... liiiighting?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    It sounded like the leaker who took issue with it saw a mistransformed photo

• Like Like x 2