Kingdom Inferno, Huffer, Ractonite, Core SS & Megs Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 2, 2020.

1. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Dude, that's pretty much what they're doing. Beastwars stuff in kingdom, Cybertron Optimus in Siege, cybertron hotshot in siege. Armada starscream in thrilling thirty, (admittedly a few years back now) Headmasters like apeface and snapdragon. You're really only arguing that Hasbro throttle back a bit on g1 homage and go with other corners of the franchise a bit more than they already are. Well there, I argue that they are giving people the most wanted and recognizable versions of these character.

That argument cuts against me as well. Why has there been a whole subline the last two years dedicated to homaging the disgusting, cringey Bay verse and it's ugly designs? Well much as I am revulsed by it, I have to admit that, as sad an idea as it is, a lot of people, *gag repressing the need to vomit* grew up on those movies and their designs. (Jesus Christ.) I would love for Studio series to have been eliminated or way parred down so I could get more of what I want, but I have to admit that maintaining the Bayverse line, much as I hate to admit it, is another key part of Hasbro's brand management.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:

Jesus Christ. DD231E6D-7379-408D-8815-91A3AA9FCD71.gif

• Like Like x 15
  3. Dod Ear

Dod Ear Father of Four

So was Huffer ever listed on Target?

4. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered the lot from Amazon, slated for May.
    Risky, but hey. Why not

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

how do you know that??
    TBH, it would be the easiest pass of any recent titan or commander for me, Rodimus has simply nothing to do with commander size

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the entire mainline has leaked except for the commander and titan and we know Rodimus Prime is leaked as well. Also commander makes sense for him as it would allow a voyager sized bot with a fully fleshed out "trailer"/battle platform unlike the leader Prime, where people complained about the trailer being a hollow box that was too small

• Like Like x 6
  7. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    In for the wave at Pulse. These preorders are starting to stack up and it make me feel dirty.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chareos

Chareos Needs New Omnibots

News Credits:
  9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Do you have the link to Dinobot? I haven't found anything in Voyager Class yet.

Edit: Nevermind, found the link in the Amazon thread.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  10. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

• Like Like x 5
  11. Chareos

Chareos Needs New Omnibots

News Credits:
    Great, thanks for the info!

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Think of it as the cost of materials. How those materials are used determine if a Leader is CW Ultra Magnus or Siege Ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

No worries. I should clarify that on the Leader side it’s Prime if that’s a wave 1 case and Ultra Magnus if it’s wave 2. In the latter case, it’s Megatron that is the repack, which is why I assumed wave 1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was wondering when the “G1 vs Bay” argument would rear its head. Liking different things has suddenly become illegal, apparently. “I would love for Studio Series to have been eliminated or way parred down so I could get more of what I want”, Jesus Christ, do you realize how entitled that is? You want a part of the franchise to just be ignored, because you didn’t like it? Not to mention, you try to invalidate a portion of the fan base for liking something? Not a single piece of TF media is flawless. The bay movies have flaws (although they have a lot more of them, granted), Prime has flaws, Beast Wars has flaws, and yes, hard as it may be to believe, G1 has flaws. Just because something isn’t perfect (which, nothing ever will be, as perfection is subjective) doesn’t mean people are wrong for liking it.

• Like Like x 9
  15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    KIngdom is a step in the right direction. Your Siege examples are just one or two figures in an entire line, very poorly done. Meanwhile a few years back we were getting Armada Starscream, Rattrap, Waspy. Rhinox, Tankor, Sky-Byte (pretty much the only mainstream RiD update figure EVER!), Lioconvoy, Hot Shot, WFC/FOC figures, etc. Generations lived up to its name. We were getting G1 mixed with IDW, BW, BM, UT, Aligned. There was something for everyone. The variety was interesting. For the last few years, if you wanted more than G1 you were SOL. Hopefully the presence of BW in Kingdom means we'll get the variety back.

And yes, Hasbro has been giving us the most recognizable versions. Over and over and over and over again. And even when they could have done something different, with GUOP, they chickened out and didn't do the Cybertron homage properly - the base robot head was all wrong. It's kind of hard to get super excited about the 6th G1 Optimus in two years, even if one of them did a bad Galaxy Convoy cosplay. Kingdom gives me hope that we'll see a better variety, but if Hasbro goes back to all G1 all the time after Kingdom, I'm probably going to be done collecting. I'm happy with the G1 remakes I already have, so I've slowed drastically with Siege and ER. I have no real need to go for another round of G1 red truck, silver tank, white jet (and repaints), cop car, etc.

I'm not big on SS myself - I only have about a half dozen - but I don't mind it existing. At least there's one portion of the non-G1 fandom being served. Try being a RiD01 fan!

But I'm not speaking from the same vantage point with G1. I love G1. I like that we're getting great G1 updates. But I also love most other TF incarnations, and want to see them revisited as well.

• Like Like x 2
  16. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

You seem to have missed the point of my argument. My argument is that despite despising that part of the franchise, I recognize other people don't, and Hasbro is very much in the right from a brand management perspective to do the line despite my wishing they wouldn't so I can get more of what I want. It's the same as other people saying they shouldn't do so much g1 when they could do something new or Armada or Rid or whatever. It just makes too much sense to not do so much G1.

But yeah, I won't apologize for my views on Bay verse. The idea of people growing up on Bayverse and having it be their favorite iteration of Transformers is the kind of thing that makes me think that things like love, justice, kindness, empathy, beauty, art, etc are truly only illusions and that at bottom man is nothing but an arbitrary arrangement of matter. That Suicidal nihilism is the only logical position and that on balance, the death of life in the universe is probably for the best. But hey, that's just me, like what you want!

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wave 2 Deluxes minus Arcee and wave 2 Voyagers ordered and paid for.....

NEXT!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Cadeho

Cadeho Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed ... how could I forget who I accuse Hasbro of forgetting... SKIDS... we need a new SKIDS!

• Like Like x 1
  19. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Little worried that Huffer's elbow ROM will be weak. Looks single-jointed and not coming anywhere near 90 degrees. Love the blue/lavender color on him though. He looks hilariously easy to transform, like, 10 seconds easy. Will probably get him and Inferno.

20. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    wtf.gif

• Like Like x 11