Kingdom Inferno, Huffer, Ractonite, Core SS & Megs Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Huffer looks great! Inferno is a buy.
    I have to skip Core class figures unless they're, well, core characters and belong in that size class like Rattrap. Otherwise I'll end up compelled to buy the whole damn population of Cybertron again in a smaller size.

Oh, well, um, gosh. :eek:  Yes, please!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Core Starscream looks like the Classics one. Very good. Megatron looks more like a tank than his full size. (At the expense of more kibble but I’m fine with it. Huffer. The dump truck attachment is great. He is useful now. Cool mold. Looks like it will be good for customizers. Inferno looks like how everyone expected he would. I’m liking these new ones a lot. That seeker mold best get recolored like there’s no tomorrow though. We need some new legends sized seekers. Don’t know exactly where I’d rank it against the Generations Legends Class (T30?) release, the old Universe mold, or the Legends of Cybertron Thundercracker and Starscream molds, but it is definetly near the top.

Edit: Garagebot retool when?

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Just like Optimus Prime and Megatron and others have had different designs, but they always defualt back to more traditional designs after awhile

4. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree I’ve always found tank alt modes to be pretty boring, I prefer Megatron as a Cybertronian Jet, like his Energon version or even The Last Knight one.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I haven't gone through the whole thread, but does anyone else think these are a nod to the fasteners used in Zoids models? F0674-Deluxe-Ractonite-002~2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    No way... that's the correct head from the perspective of us toy-centric collectors! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Neo-Primus

News Credits:
    Tracks!?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    He is slated for a kingdom release

• Like Like x 4
  9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Ractonite and Inferno are definite gets (Inferno especially since like Grapple, affordable alternative to the Masterpiece), Huffer however, depends on if he’s bigger than the TF Prime Cyberverse Commander figure.

10. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    I completely understand that, and that's why I'm going to haft to now get an extra Grapple and do a head swap. Or we can do a head traid, I'll traid you the Inferno head for your Grapple head. Than we can both be happy! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Sooo someone redpill me on Huffer, cause like, I've never really liked his design, I'm not sure why he's so popular. Did he have a great character in G1 or something? Him and Inferno here are easily the weakest of the reveals today, but maybe I'm just missing something that makes Huffer the standout star.

12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

But they're also only single characters compared with dozens of G1 characters. And I promise you DC and Marvel are getting out at least one "classic look" Batman and Spider-Man every year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    What personally bugs me isn't the G1 influence, it's the lack of imagination. I miss the Classics/Universe/early Generations philosophy of modernizing the characters and finding new looks for them are are still clearly recognizable as the characters they're supposed to be. The recent toylines have just been faithfully recreating the cartoon models, which is pretty boring to me. I feel like all the recent toylines have just strived for higher accuracy instead of trying to be creative and fresh. I mean, I can't deny that these toys are gorgeous. But I wish the effort was going towards something more inventive than just recreating existing character models as faithfully as possible. I wish they'd keep that contained to Masterpiece...a portion of the brand I barely follow because I find it super boring and repetitive.

I actually don't want them to just cycle through every incarnation of the brand and remake every existing design we've already seen. I don't want "Generations: Unicron Trilogy" or "Generations: Prime". We've seen all that before, it's no longer fresh. I want them to take inspiration from all eras and use it to create fresh new takes on the characters. To me that's a big appeal of the brand. It's not a superhero franchise where characters always looks the same, it progresses and evolves and allows new artists and designers to put their own spin on the lore and characters. By all means bring back the Beast Wars characters or the UT characters, but do something new with them (something beyond just "better engineering"). When things become too homogenized the brand starts to get boring. At least to me. I realize there are a lot of fans who just want collections of screen-accurate toys, but that's the least interesting thing to me personally. And I don't think it's heathy for the brand. I think Transformers works best when it's moving forward.

• Like Like x 12
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron is my favorite here, I like him better than the Voyagers, Huffer looks pretty good GREAT Accessories, don't like the feet but he's a must.

15. Neo-Primus

News Credits:
    I’d missed that, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely getting Huffer.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

I had to do a quick search because I was a little confused, but both of you are correct

800px-G1cartoon_inferno_heads.jpg Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.13.42 PM.png

• Like Like x 16
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That's what the media supported line is supposed to be (aside from the netflix show), despite taking inspiration from G1 for the designs, cyberverse was actually fairly creative both in lore and characters. It's not everyones cup of tea, but it is a legitimate part of the brand that technically isn't over yet

• Like Like x 3
  19. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

lmao core class megs looks better than er

• Like Like x 7
  20. butz

butz slippery when wet

Liking Ractonite, but what's going on with his hands? Or lack thereof?
    Huffer looks pretty good too, but that shield/truck bed thing is going in a box somewhere to be forgotten.
    Inferno is nice enough.
    The core figures look like smaller, inferior versions of the larger ones. Megatron has a surprisingly nice head sculpt at this size, and the robot mode is acceptable, but the tank mode looks like absolute garbage. Too much black, the feet hanging off the back which looked stupid on the larger versions looks worse here, and having a handgun with a scope for the barrel isn't working for me. I guess it's a cheap way to get his original alt mode as an accessory; if I didn't already have the one from the weapon pack I'd probably consider getting it for that alone.
    Starscream looks kinda iffy. I know, there's limitations to what can be done at this size and price point. I guess if I really wanted smaller versions of these guys, then these are a lot better than they could've been at this price. Still can't shake the feeling that the time and resources that went into these would've been better spent on other small figures, like more skeletal guys, or bat and gator versions of OP and Megs.