Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I'm sure there will be; every game in the series has gotten a re release, and the major ones have gotten a Final Mix. However, I do feel that including it as DLC would be better, as opposed to having to buy an entirely new game. And I certainly hope the DLC is made AFTER the main game is finished.

As this is a season finale, even without say a FM exclusive boss, I've got a good feeling that we'll get a number of juicy hints about what's coming next. The vanilla version of KH2 even had a pretty big reference to Terra, Aqua and Ven.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

TGS 2015: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced - IGN

Guess the rumored 2.9 is in fact 2.8

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Dear Lord NO!!!! Now I've got no excuse for not picking up a PS4, even though the PS3 was just purchased this year. *SIGH*

4. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Haha! Yes!!! :bay  :bay  :bay  I was off by a decimal point but hey, this is amazing! :bay 

Of course I'm still yet to have upgraded to PS4. Hehe. Looks like BBS Vol.2 was brought back from the dead! And yes to 3D!

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah this is making me want to get the PS4 sooner. :D  I love that we're getting essentially BBS V2 included in the bundle. :D 

6. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    There better be a XB1 version coming. XB1 owners need to be given 1.5, 2.5 and now 2.8 to be brought up to speed for 3.

7. Scrapper6

Likely not going to happen, KH as a whole has been exclusive to Sony Consoles since day one, aside from the handhelds on Nintendo Platforms because Nintendo is the dominant company when it comes to handhelds.

8. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just when I was thinking about getting Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

9. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Which is exactly why Xbox releases of those titles need to be made.

Plus I don't want to buy another console.

10. Scrapper6

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Sony and PlayStation will forever be where you'll find the main stories of Kingdom Hearts. It could be due to an exclusive deal with the company between them and Square/Enix, or it could simply be a hardware familiarity situation where the developers have become experts at that particular consoles specs and prefer not to waste time with inferior ports.

There may be many people who share your view, however Microsoft is not exactly hurting for a lack of KH titles, they have their own franchises that attract many. When it comes to Sony, not much exists anymore as exclusive to them. I think Kingdom Hearts has unofficially become a Sony Mascot tier series/franchise, similar to how Nintendo holds the rights to Mario, Metroid, Pokémon, Zelda and so on and so forth.

I do apologize my friend, but them's the breaks. Either choose to get past this particular problem to enjoy a decent game series or continue your whining, ranting demands to the company who seriously could care less if they aren't getting your money because you don't own the system. They make enough sales alone re-packaging these games to the hard core nuts, like many of us here, they don't give a one damn to people who want it other home consoles. This design team suffers a bit of perfectionist issues if you ask me, hence why they tend to prefer focusing on a single console release as opposed to making multiple platforms for all three home consoles. And they're big name enough in the company that they can dictate their terms on what they do for the franchise.

It's a harsh truth, but a truth nevertheless. Over the years Final Fantasy as a whole seems to have gravitated more and more to Sony as Square hasn't made a decent Final Fantasy title on a Nintendo Console since the days of the SNES in my opinion. I mean most of the more recent games in the franchise on Nintendo consoles have been re-makes and ports of older titles.

11. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Yep.

It's not like the console-hopping is a new issue, after all. Nothing needs to be on anything, we're lucky we're getting this compiliation of all things at all.

12. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

The desire for 2.8/1.5/2.5/anything on Xbox One to "catch people up" is because Kingdom Hearts 3 is still set to be released on the Xbox One. This was clearly stated during its initial announcement. Square has not at any point since then stated that this is not still their intention.

It is NOT an unreasonable request with that in mind.

If they do change their minds... They fucked up badly by misleading us for over 2 years now (with all outlets even having pre-orders open for it this entire time). And as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I will not be pruchasing a Playstation 4 solely for one game. Which is what I would be doing; I don't care about other exclusives at this point in time so no need to bring that up. They will lose me as a customer. Oh well.

13. OmegaScourge

14. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I was hoping that the initial interview was just poorly translated but I guess I understand. The Chi stuff doesn't have Sora, so it doesn't count for any points. BBS 0.2 has the .2 points. Dream Drop Distance is worth one point, which would've made it 2.6. But with BBS 0.2, it's 2.8.

Sigh. Couldn't we have just had 2.9 instead? It feels more "final" since it's right before III, and this is the last title before III. Honestly I feel the more bizarre aspect is that it's "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 ReMIX: Final Chapter Prologue."

I get that it's a prologue to the final chapter. Just seems clunky or poorly translated. I think I would've preferred just 2.8 ReMIX.

15. OmegaScourge

In a sense its kinda smart too... If they ever want to add another prologue to KHIII, they still have 2.9 to use.

16. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Okay, so what the fuck is Kingdom Hearts 2.8? Is it 2.5 ReMIX with some extra stuff added, or is it just a stand-alone title composed of said extra stuff? Someone explain it to me like I'm stupid, because this is just making my brain hurt.

17. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I JUST got KH 3D. Damn. Still, pretty cool. Really excited for Birth By Sleep .2.

Anyways, that title.

....I'm starting to think that Tetsuya Nomura is either insane, or a genius...or he's an alien.

18. OmegaScourge

No to 2.5, Yes to standalone title. Its a HD remaster of Dream Drop Distance, has scenes from Unchained X, and a new story in Birth by Sleep.

19. Chopperface

News Credits:
    It's a third ReMIX compilation. It contains a remake of Dream Drop Distance, a cinematic of Kingdom Hearts Chi (like 358/2 Days or coded), and a new playable episode that is a sequel to Birth by Sleep's Secret Episode in the Realm of Darkness.

When I say "episode", I mean it takes as long as a normal world to complete. So it'll be longer than the Secret Episode but not by much.

20. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Japanese D23 is taking place right now; we got our first look at 2.8's cutscenes. The opening features Yen Sid, Riku, Kairi, and Mickey going "oh wait didn't I tell you that I saw Aqua in the ROD the other day?"

Also for III, the entirety of the Eraqus/Xehanort opening scene was shown. A new Nobody based on Marluxia was shown; as was a new attraction based on the Buzz Lightyear shooter ride!