Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    In Proud, you clear the story and get all the stickers. In Critical, you clear the story.

End of the World was a really emotional place for me because it was the heart of all the evil that had besieged the game's universe. I was emotional because I knew I was running through the remains of the Pride Lands or Beast's castle, knowing the fate my favorite childhood characters had suffered. So I'm always antsy in the Realm of Darkness, especially the areas you explore in BBS and the blueish places, that were like the area beyond the door to Kingdom Hearts.

The Pureblood Heartless didn't give me any trouble until the final fight with them in the tight quarters. Dark Hide wasn't tough either, but I was about LV 55 or so. And I think he's just a random Heartless, no ties to Dark Thorn. I remember when the buildup for BBS FM was happening back in early 2011, we (on KH Insider) speculated as to what significance this Heartless would have, if he was saved for the true final boss. But yeah, he's just a nobody.

Now imagine if we encountered Chernabog in the Realm of Darkness.

2. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Well, I guess I'm playing Critical, then. Too lazy to find every sticker. :p 

I was speaking more in concept, really. Prepared or not, I'd imagine it's a little shocking to see the cute, weak little Shadows start taking chunks out of your HP....and the scarier Heartless start taking LARGER chunks out of your HP...

Sort of like how Anti Black Coat wasn't supposed to have much significance, right?

Although, at least to me, Dark Hide's significant in that he provides a little bit of speculation fuel as to the denizens of the Realm of Darkness. I mean, the Purebloods aren't composed of just Shadows; there were a couple kinds of Heartless even before the Emblems existed. And, hey, the games have shown the existence of multiple Darksides...who's to say there aren't more Dark Hides? And where does the Dark Hide fit in the, for lack of a better word, "hierarchy" of Pureblood Heartless? Is it near the top of this hierarchy, or further down? Just what else lurks within the Realm of Darkness?

Well, whatever other eldritch horrors lurk within the depths, hopefully we'll see more of them in the future. Personally, I'm hoping to see an avian Pureblood boss in the future.

Pants would have been darkened, for sure.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised that we didn't see entities like the Invisibles in the Secret Episode. They're Pureblood, they're badass, they first appeared within the deepest darkness (and certain areas in Days, once Roxas completes his missions)...why not have one show up as a miniboss?

3. Chopperface

News Credits:

Well, the stickers actually aren't hard to find. You do need some certain abilities sometimes, like for Terra who can't jump very high, but you get them as you go along. I barely paid attention to the stickers until I learned they were necessary for the secret episode, and I did a run back through the worlds and gathered them up pretty quickly.

Ah, I see. I was just expecting more of a challenge, myself.

What do you mean about Anti Black Coat?

Hmm. Interesting thoughts. Imagine taking on a pack of Dark Hides. And that's interesting, the concept of a Heartless hierarchy. Obviously someone powerful like Ansem could control them, but it's an interesting idea if Dark Sides or Hides are the alpha predators, so to speak, of the Realm of Darkness. I would love to further explore the place, it's so mysterious and despite it's horrors, I love it as well.

Pants would've darkened, but I would've leapt for joy as well. I love Chernabog to death, I wish he'd have a bigger role in the series. Like as a benefactor of Xehanort or a "bank of darkness" from which Xehanort gets some massive Heartless armies.

The absence of Invisibles was rather odd indeed.

Also, I beat Mysterious Figure! It was close, but I got the bastard at LV 53. I definitely feel a sense of closure with the Secret Episode, Vanitas, Eraqus, and now MF done. I will one day level up to take on No Heart, but I'm pretty much done with 2.5 now.

4. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Okay. I beat No Heart at LV 52. Birth by Sleep is now complete.

I still have Sephiroth, the mushrooms, Data Organization XIII, and Terra to fight in 2FM, but, eh. Beat Sephiroth before, and Terra is an absolute force of nature that's nigh-impossible to beat.

5. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

I'm probably in the wrong about this, but I seem to recall an interview where Nomura talked about the Anti Black Coat. IIRC, he said that it was just supposed to be a really powerful Nightmare, nothing more (basically, it's not, say, a manifestation of Sora's inner darkness or something of the like). Get what I mean, or no?

You know, once we're done with the Xehanort story, maybe we can have the Disney Villains take a greater role in the story again? Perhaps we could have another cabal of Disney villains, and Chernabog can be among them.

Man, KHIIFM is lousy with extra bosses, isn't it? I mean, the first game just had Xemnas/the Unknown; this one has the Absent Silhouettes, Roxas, the Org. XIII Data, friggin' TERRA...

Incidentally, where are the Mushroom XIII found? I'm right up to the third visit to Hollow Bastion (the one with the 1000 Heartless battle) and I want to try to get as much done as I can before moving on with the story (I'm currently trying to beat Larxene's and Lexaeus's Absent Silhouettes and failing at it).

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
  7. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Yeah, I getcha now about Black Coat. And honestly Chernabog is really just his own thing. He's a demon, a god. I could see him kinda lending Maleficent or someone darkness but otherwise he'd probably just be on his own.

The Absent Silhouettes and by extension Data Organization XIII, were something they wanted to put in vanilla KH2, but they didn't have time. It's great that we got them, it solved the apparent fan complaints that KH2 was too easy. And Terra is a monster, a force of nature. I don't know that I'll ever beat that demon!

The Mushroom XIII are all over the worlds, and they're generally in areas where you fought bosses or had cutscene events. Off the top of my head:

* The Treasure Room in Agrabah
    * The palace in Land of Dragons
    * The bridge in Beast's Castle
    * The room outside the lock in the Underworld
    * The courtyard where you fought the Experiment in Christmas Town
    * The area where you fought Demyx in Hollow Bastion
    * The tunnel in Twilight Town
    * Probably somewhere in Isla de Muerta

8. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Yeah, I've heard about it.

It's actually pretty neat that they're doing this, especially considering that Nomura said that KHX is supposed to be canon...

EDIT: Just completed Hollow Bastion's second visit (the one with the 1000 Heartless battle). I'm currently Level 30. What's the lowest level that I can enter the Cavern of Remembrance and survive? I want to synthesize some of the Absent Silhouette recipes ASAP, and I believe there's some materials that you can only get from the enemies in there...

9. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Cool to see the world of Tangled being confirmed. :)  Also seeing the new moves Sora has are just sick! :D 

11. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the trailer live. Oh man was I freaking out. New outfits, Tangled, chariots, tea cups, guns, oh my.

I just wish they would've announced a 3D Remaster but I guess they're saving that for D23........I hope.

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I don't know why, but all the waiting I've done for this game has killed my hype. Nothing new or exciting about this trailer except Sora's new blander outfit and Tangled world confirmed (which was kind of a no-brainer anyway). We've seen all the gameplay style from the reveal trailer. The Xehanort/Eraqus conversation was as directionless as it possibly could have been. Not even new music to back the thing up with.

"Now in development". Still. If they had given us a release date or something tangible about the story, or ANYTHING NEW AT ALL, I might have been a little stoked. Unless they really plan to unleash a storm of awesome at D23, I'll stamp a big "MEH" on this. Which depresses me, since I've been a fan since KH1 and bought every other game of the series on release.

13. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I'm let down myself. "Now in development" was frustrating to see. The gameplay looks fun, especially the Rock Titan boss battle. Hopefully we fight the other titans, but I was hoping for a 3D announcement myself.

14. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

15. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

So, I've got a question for everyone: How do you unlock the Armor of Eraqus and No Heart fights in KH 2.5? I'm at Level 29 in the Mirage Arena with Aqua, I've only got one Arena mission incomplete, and I've got Ultima. Do I need to complete Aqua's story before I can unlock either fight? Do I have to complete everyone's stories before I can unlock either fight? None of the online guides I consulted mentioned having to beat the game first, and I'm starting to worry I may have glitched the game...

16. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

17. IamSoundwave

IamSoundwave Well-Known Member

Time to get on the hype train.

18. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Yeah, this past week has gotten my hopes up for sure, starting to feel the hype I lost a long time ago.

19. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

20. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    KHInsider

New world confirmed by KHinsider

BIG HERO 6!

There you people having your MARVEL don't ask for anymore.