Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Only problem I see with that is there's no precedent for you teaming up with multiple characters from a single world. In any world from any game so far you only ever teamed up with one character and maybe got a summon of another (like Aladdin and Genie). So you could maybe team up with Anna OR Elsa and possibly get a Olaf summon? Doubt we'd ever see you with all 3 unless someone decides to try and use KH3 to appeal to Frozen fans.

Well 358/2 Days came out after KH2, even if the story takes place before KH2, so really it can just be said the Heartless from 358/2 Days didn't exist for KH2. :p 

Honestly at this point all I want is KH3 and for it to be the end of it all. I may have said this previously, but between all the different in-between games and all the console jumping making me miss parts of the story I just need this to be the last one so it can just be done. :lol 

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Perhaps. I just figured it'd be more fun to have say a big superhero world with Marvel, BH6, and Incredibles, and you'd get a party member from each franchise for fair representation. *shrug* As for Frozen, if they don't follow the plot of the movie (God I hope not), then Elsa can be the sole party member and Olaf can be a summon. If it follows the plot, I imagine Anna and Olaf could be your party members for an initial visit (like Mulan and Mushu were together), and Elsa could be added on a second visit. Assuming there are multiple visits, or if you play as Riku or Mickey or something and Elsa could be exclusive to their campaign.

And no, they already confirmed III wouldn't be the end of the series, just the end of Xehanort's reign as the main antagonist.

Regarding BBS, I rarely use Shotlock. I only used it against tougher bosses like Braig and Eraqus. But I would like access to that Ultima Cannon that is absolutely lethal in 2's final mix.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So CF, does that mean you didn't 100% the journal for the finish command hits? Since Shotlock Hits are part of that section.

I for one find them to be a godsend, Shotlocks are great for taking out huge chunks of health from enemies and bosses. They really help out a lot when you're fighting on the higher difficulty settings. Provided the boss stands around long enough for you to get off a hit.

A much better alternative to that stupid Limit Break junk from 358/2 days at any rate, no wonder it takes so long to beat the larger Heartless in that game, if you don't trigger a limit break you're fighting for five minutes or more just whittling away wimply at the health meters.

4. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Re:Coded had attribute "chips" (HP+5%, Strength +1, Scan ability) that you would find and place on a circuit board menu. Completing a circuit would "power up" some of those attributes. (ex. Strength +1 would become Strength +2).

5. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Definitely not. I finished Terra with 40% of the journal. I just never used Shotlock, I was more wrapped up in the Command Board. It wasn't until I beat Terranort after 2 hours of attempts that I realized how in trouble I was and needed to go back to really get my money's worth out of this game.

I actually enjoyed Limit Break, mostly because I always called it "Avatar State." :D 

6. Scrapper6

Anybody got any good tips for mastering challenge missions and getting all the sigils or is it something most fans ignored. Can't resist completionist nature, must have 358/2 days at 100%

7. Scrapper6

Going back to the original Kingdom Hearts make me wish they'd implemented the shoulder buttons for scrolling through Jiminy's Journal back in the day.

Also... I failed to beat Leon, I failed to beat Cloud and I couldn't beat Riku at the beginning of the game to score some bonus items... I really don't like Proud mode.

By the way, what the hell am I supposed to do with those Pink Agregious or whatever dancing mushrooms? I figured out you have to use Stop on him, but how do you kill him and what do you get for defeating him?

8. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Here's what you do:

Get a Keyblade that has a big MP boost. Stock up with ethers, and have Aeroga and Stopga. If you're playing 1.5, I highly recommend waiting until you get Diamond Dust, the Keyblade you get for beating the Ice Titan at Olympus. Once you have all these things, head for the Tree House at Deep Jungle. Visit it and leave until you find three White Mushrooms that are frozen in place. Defeat those three, and get to the top of the tree house. Go in from the second story. You should see it waiting for you. Every second counts so make absolutely sure you're ready before you enter combat because that's when the clock starts ticking.

When you're ready, cast Aeroga on yourself, and head over to it. Cast Stopga on it, and begin hitting it's head. Make sure it's the head and not the body. I recommend spamming Ars Arcanum. If you hit it enough times (like 80 I think), you get a bunch of goodies, and most importantly the rare synthesis item you need for the Moogle Shop. I can't name if off of the top of my head.

This is very challenging. Your aim isn't to kill it, but hit it as many times as possible. It takes patience, precision, and speed. You'll be tearing your hair out a lot. But damn, it's worth it because it helps pave the way to the Ultima Weapon and every synthesis recipe being fulfilled.

Finished Ven's story the other night. I really grew to love the kid because of how sweet and cheerful he was. His was the most fun since, well, he was just on a fun adventure, compared to Terra or Aqua. Plus Jesse McCartney actually acts. It's a bore to listen to Terra and Aqua monologue and preach in monotone. Now knowing what do do, I quickly got Second Chance, Once More, and EXP Walker. Made the final battles with Vanitas loads easier. And a lot more fun than the first times I fought Xehanort. I really loved his first final fight with Vanitas; it was epic to glide around and chase Vanitas on his Keyblade current. The final fight was super easy until the last little D-Link thing, but after figuring it out it was easy.

9. Chopperface

News Credits:
    In light of today's terrible news, I move that Master Xehanort not speak at all. You just can't replace Nimoy as Xehanort.

Let's have a scene early on where Master Xehanort silently uses dark magic to reduce his age to when he was a younger man, like say his early 30's. And Richard Epcar can voice him.

Orrrrr and this is a goofy suggestion. Have Zachary Quinto voicing the "Adult" Master Xehanort.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm playing the Pegesus cup at the Hurceles level and I'm really having a tough time trying to beat Leon and Yuffie. Any advice at beating them?

11. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Considering how much the various incarnations of Xehanort love speechifying, I doubt that'll work.
    Somebody suggested bringing in somebody like Jim Cummings, but hopefully, Mr. Nimoy has finished most if not all of the voicework for Master Xehanort.

How about we just use one of the voice actors who actually HAVE voiced different incarnations of Xehanort instead?

First off, make sure you have Aero and use it.
    Personally, I'd focus on Yuffie first, since she's a ranged fighter. You can deflect the shuriken back at her to stun her, and if you're lucky, you might hit Leon as well.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    How do I get Aero exactly?

EDIT: Never mind figured it out how to use Aero.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I've finished my first visit to Hollow Bastion and I'm trying to get back for the 2nd visit but for some reason I can't get to the warp hole to get there. Is there a way to activate the portal?

Also not sure if you guys heard this yet but the Disney Expo D23 a while back announced a Kingdom Hearts event there in Japan of November this year so this means we'll likely get more KH3 related news.

14. Chopperface

News Credits:
    You did read the rest of my post, right? Just have Master Xehanort's first scene be him silently aging himself down to a younger form, maybe about Xemnas' "age". And have Richard Epcar (or Zachary Quinto) voice him and be done with it. Maybe it's a plot hole, maybe it's an ass pull, but to quote Xemnas, "I am willing to overlook any nicks or scratches". They better have a damn good imitation of Nimoy, and I'm talking Greg Baldwin-Mako, or Stephen Stanton-Peter Cushing level good.

And there's no way any recording has been done. The game is still apparently early and slowly going in development.

You already went through and did everything in the last visit to Traverse Town? The last meeting with Kairi and all?

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I think so. If you're talking about the cutscene that happened after Sora,Kairi,Donald and Goofy escaped from Hollow Bastion then yeah that's what I've been through.

16. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Have you been to the secret waterway to talk to Kairi?

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I haven't done that yet actually. Thanks.

18. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Excellent news for those playing BBS Final Mix. In Standard Mode, you only need to complete the sticker albums and get the Keyslinger trophy (kill 9,999 Unversed) to unlock Blank Points and the Secret Episode. Thank God they bumped down the difficulty.

Beat Vanitas Remnant and Eraqus' armor, and I can put a meaty dent in Mysterious Figure at LV 50. I'll probably get to LV 60 to be able to defeat both him and No Heart, who I can put a little dent in. Dark Hide was easy, and the Realm of Darkness was pretty spooky and sad.

19. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

20. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

What about in Proud and Critical modes?

It's always kind of sad to visit the Darkness, or worlds touch by thereof...mostly because most of said worlds are dark, lonely, in shambles, or (in the case of the World that Never Was) just a facsimile.

Although, I find the Realm of Darkness more terrifying than sad, mostly because HO CRAP THERE ARE PUREBLOODS AND THEY'RE REALLY FREAKIN' DANGEROUS OMG

Speaking of Pureblood Heartless, I've heard someone say that Dark Hide might be a more advanced form of the Shadow Stalker/Dark Thorn (similar to the Iron Imprisoner loses some of its bindings every time you find it. Thoughts?