Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, May 11, 2021.
Warrior Deformation Animal Robo-Dinosaur
Coming soon to a Dollar Tree near you!
love Mirage and I love how they first did cybertron modes and then remolded them to be earth modes. This means I can give the cybertron versions to my kids ( grandkids ) first and if they break them its okay as the MAIN ( EARTH ) version can be given to them after they have played , practiced, scratched up, lost , with the cybertron version.
So yeah love Mirage, don't care about BW grimlock but if I did I wouldn't be happy with the color scheme either. Thankfully I don't care and will try to sell that one off if possible
Made a bit of a grammatical mistake there.
yah know, I saw that but it went right over my head... I was like "orc, huh?? ok..."
I hope they Change the color of Mirage's shoulders to black. Can he peg his cannon into his shoulder?
I disagree with Verno with a lot of the Kingdom stuff (IMO all of the updates are fine, Rattrap is just a bizarre decision that warrants a VERY low priority remake and Cheetor just downright sucks), but he’s right this time. Grimmy just looks like if Hasbro memorized how it looked like and did a speed run of putting the colors they remembered onto it. Most of the paint apps and colors are there (barring the green), but man they botched the robot mode eyes and Dino mode head.
OK, this set is a little above "doing the minimum", but only just, IMO.
* The new head is good for evoking the old BW toy, and gives a decent G1 Grimlock feel too.
* Where are the SPOTS, man? A distinct deco was dropped for a duller one. Feels like someone on the deco team unilaterally decided that dalmatian spots on a dinosaur was stupid, not realising that was the effin' point.
* Doesn't seem to use translucent plastic for major parts
* There's a bit more update remolding than I expected, and it appears there are some changes to how the upper body transforms, so maybe there isn't a fake car front stuck to the back of the car this time.
* Like Ironhide and Ratchet, the wheels are not changed from Siege, and look strange on the more Earthly car form.
* The overall color scheme and deco looks a bit duller than Siege Mirage to me. Needs some silver paint on those spoilers (real and fake)
* Can't tell for certain, but it looks like the updated shoulders might lose the peg holes Siege had, so maybe you can't mount the launcher beside the head (but you could on the spoilers mounted to the arms)
Mirage looks like it could surprise me in hand, but it could be better - but it's still a bit more than I was expecting. I feel they seriously dropped the ball on Grimlock, changing one of the very few things that distinguished his original toy from other uses of the BW Dinobot mold.
I see no issues.
Maybe they're saving the dalmatians spots deco for a Collaborative with Disney's new Cruella movie?
I almost think that the background seen here and in the Tricranius Product Shots represent Exclusives. That means if any product shots are leaked and the images share the background with Tricranius and Kingdom Battle Across Time Maximal Grimlock and Autobot Mirage, we will know that that is an exclusive.
Though, with this set being given the Hasbro ID Number WFC-K40, it still makes me wonder about WFC-K31 through WFC-K38. That is 8 Figures/Sets of Figures. So what could WFC-K31 through WFC-K38 be?
There’s has to be second Dinobot figure being made. Who ever did this redeco probably resents the outcome of Kingdom Dinobot and I can’t blame them. Even if they wanted to update the color scheme, its still looks awful.
On the plus side the Kingdom figure isn’t worthy of a real Grimlock redeco until we get a better fucking Raptor mode!
He's just happy to see you
This Mirage is not nearly as cool as the clear Mirage from the Siege 3-pack.
Unrelated, but does anyone who is buying this set want to trade their Mirage for my clear Mirage from the Siege 3-pack?
I might also add gold paint over the relevant parts, add more white to the whole thing and basically repaint it to be as close to the original without looking "silly". For example, by blending the "spots" from black to grey (perhaps by "mottling" them) to give a more "natural" look.
Simply attaching \"Beast Wars: Upsising-inspired\" does not make it a Beast Wars Uprising figure. Just saying...
BTW, I keep hearing chatter about Botcon making a comeback, does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Can we please stop with the two packs?
honestly no since i never saw that fig. Guess its accurate then.
Something something rigid grill structure
So if you want a G1 earth mode Mirage you got to double dip for that Grimlock nobody wants...
Separate names with a comma.