Kingdom Grimlock and Mirage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, May 11, 2021.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Skywarp too.

Though yeah, I highly doubt this Grimlock will show up in anything.

2. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Wouldn't be the first time, we saw a change between reveal and in hand. Paging Rotorstorm. WFC has been pretty good overall with the deco matching the box art. Either that, or the budget went Mirage first, retooled head, and whoops ran out midway through the paint app. :p 

3. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    yeah, but apart from new heads, they were just using the seeker body lik they did with skywarp. The netflix show mostly focuses on taking files that are inspired on mainline toys.

• Like Like x 3
  4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I liked the BW teasing they were setting up in the Dreamwave more then meets the eye profile books: the idea that the Maximals were an outgrowth and combination of Pretender + Micromaster technology ~ a smaller/faster/stronger/more efficient future. the way the phones in our pockets are infinitely more powerful then computers that were the size of refrigerators 40-50 years ago. or even how ultra books are so much thinner and more powerful then giant bricky laptops form 15 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime You shall not pass!

News Credits:
    I’m sorry, what were you expecting here that you didn’t get? In fact, what were you expecting with the whole of Kingdom that you didn’t get?

Seriously. You spent so much time and energy anticipating the “Big Return of Beast Wars in Generations”, and when it came, all you’ve done is complain about it.

• Like Like x 24
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I'm waiting on that to be a payoff for whatever media follows Cyberverse. That started pretty straight forward and then ended on some alternate reality trip.

I mean, that's his gimmick. He is to BW what GEEWUNNers are to G1. Nitpick everything to death while buying most if not all of it anyway.

• Like Like x 9
  7. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Can Mirage no longer mount the cannon on his shoulder?

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's possible the paint apps will change. This thing doesn't come out until November. We've seen figures coming out sooner go through some adjustments prior to release. Rotorstorm's new head being probably the most noteable even compared to Prime's fists.

You could probably get away with a bit of paint to fix the bot mode torso without hurting the overall beast mode. The chest parts form the back of his thighs, so maybe painting the entire thing would help?

I mean, I'm on board anyway because I'm a suck for BW but it'll be interesting to see if adjustments are made between now and release. I think even if they don't add any black, just a dob of green on the feux eyes would go a long way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

Ebay:
    I love that new head on Grimlock! Pretty disappointed with the paint job, though, if those photos are the final product. It'll make it an easy pass for me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Maybe he just wasn't personally satisfied with the end result? Why do you care about his opinion so much?

• Like Like x 1
  11. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

I think Grimlock looks cool he just isn't what I wanted. The stark white and spots are sticking points for me. Not a fan of the choices they made on him. Probably skipping this which sucks because I was really looking forward to him.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cardion

Cardion A Knock Off The Old Block

News Credits:
    If they wanted to fix WFC: Kingdom from being an angsty-boring trip to middle school, like Siege and Earthrise; they could use some characters with personality and a real threat to the universe. Cyberverse Megatron-X is perfectly positioned to rescue the WFC series... Plus maybe some other guest stars would find their way. I'd love to see how exasperated Dinobot would get with Cyberverse Grimlock. Maybe Cyberverse Cheetor can be brought back to life withe the WFC Allspark. And who could resist the idea of WFC and Cyberverse Wheeljack working together.

13. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oddly, the "orc" and the 23 only appear on his chest and not on the car's front. Really strange choice as the only reason those decals would exist on his chest is because it's supposed to be his car hood.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    Why Him Grimlock no have dalmatian spots? I loved that about him... Otherwise, looks good.

• Like Like x 3
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's way too late in the game to introduce a villain like that out of left field. Especially since we've already had a visit from an alternate timeline with Galvatron giving his past self the Golden Disc.

Unless this Megatron is the one who became Megatron X.

It would mean something if people who were so critical of the line weren't also admitting they bought it all anyway. It's one thing to be like "Yeah this figure has some issues" (because liking something despite it's flaws is perfectly healthy) but to be so consistently visceral in their response starts to come off as performative.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Hehe... they replaced the "elf" with "orc"... #nerdshit

• Like Like x 3
  17. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Looks good, but I do think I'll be passing this one up. I'm very happy with Siege Mirage.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

Ebay:
    Yep, I was looking forward to that Dalmatian look, lol. The lack of spots + color distribution choices result in a rather lackluster appearance, imo. I'd be curious if the final product more closely resembles the box art, though - I think it looks a bit better there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Here's an opportunity for TFW and it's news team to use whatever resources they've got to reach out to Hasbro contacts and ask about the Grimlock paint job. They've talked about how their inspiration is a mix of toy and television/comics...so it'd be interesting to find out what motivating factors lead to this paint job on Grimlock.

Not even as a protest or attempt to get them to change course, just a great opportunity to get insight in to the design process.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So while I like the colors in dino mode, the more I look at it, his bot mode is very lacking.

I really hope he gets more details added to his bot mode when he's released.

• Like Like x 2