Kingdom Grimlock and Mirage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, May 11, 2021.

1. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mirage looks great! Even though the end results are only subtly different, I'm impressed with how much of him is new parts. His vehicle mode looks much sleeker with the new arm engine. But the real winner is solid plastic for his legs! He alone made me need to preorder.

Grimlock is... okay. The new head looks incredible and I really like the raptor mode using a more "accurate" color scheme. However, his robot mode looks rough. The sharp line from brown to white on his doesn't work well work me and his legs don't seem to match at all. But I'll have to reserve my final judgement until I have in hand to see if it works better in person. And while I'm disappointed about no spots, I don't find that to be a big deal. If I really want them, black dots are easy enough to paint myself!

Overall, I like this set and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the BW Recolors with Earthmode Bots.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now I kinda hope Hasbro releases Mirage in Generations select with his unused G2 repaint colors...
    G2MirageVaultArt.jpg

Grimlock's robot mode is weird. Why they did not paint the chest-eyes? Guess because the dino head is not partially white? And his legs being half bronze, half white in patches may makes the colors better on the Deinonychus mode, but the robot mode now looks like he goes to Two-Face's tailor.

Why? Hasbropulse has it too and Amazon. Just preorder from one or the other NOW. I did.

• Like Like x 9
  3. HardCase44

HardCase44 Well-Known Member

I love the new updated G1 style earth mode look of Mirage by far, and the head sculpt for Beast wars Grimlock though I could never get into the show, and wasn’t a fan. So I’ll be selling off Grimlock.

• Like Like x 2
  4. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's disgusting. I need to have it.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Amazon doesn’t choose the decos

• Like Like x 1
  6. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Those colors are hideously gaudy, and that's what I love about it. Pink and lime green are two of my favorite colors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I actually don't mind the Grimlock color except for the unpainted dino eyes in bot mode. It's grown on me in the last hour or so. On the other hand, Mirage's 26's on the front of the legs is beginning to bug me.

8. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

It's ok. SS86 already has the original covered.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Mirage looks good but not really an interest for me.

Grim grim grim oh man. I'd outright lying if I didn't say I wasn't a fan of the realistic deco they opted for. I get it people have been wanting more realistic dino modes(which of course they have to be colored right) for ages now it seems, but man how many times are we ever going to get a BW Grim update. Not sure about the set now. Honestly could just get it and just paint the damn thing up proper. Man that is one fine looking headsculpt. Well plenty of time to mull things over.

Wonder if it will be more of an Animated influenced head. Rhinox is influenced by his old toy and the old mutant head for Waspy is just his normal head on the show. The only other source beyond some comic appearance, which I wouldn't know

10. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    What an interesting mess this set is. BW Grimlock used the bulk of the original BW Dinobot mold well, this Kingdom Dinobot mold isn't the same kind of bulk so Grimlock looks surprisingly lanky. Downplaying the cow spots makes this look like a lot of unpainted white. That new head is very unique and much more modern than most of the WFC has aimed for, I get some of that is for clearance, but it's pretty wild.

Mirage at first blush looks like a pile of reuse, but shockingly there's a lot of differences. Not only do we lose all the worrisome translucent plastic, but the front spoiler is different so it doesn't stick out the legs, the cockpit is different to replicate formula racers, the sides of the fuselage are different, and there's a big changeup on the spoiler. Ironically, the one thing I would have preferred they change, the wheels, they left as-is with the spacy spokes that extend over the wheels.

So 2 interesting updates, yet put them together and it somehow feels like it's less buyable, targeting two distinct customers with very little crossover. Bottom line, not sure who this set is for, what this set is doing being a time-travel premise, or what the next sets will include since this mentions it's part of a series that creates a complete art.

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I just compared the prices on UK and American Hasbro Pulse.

UK Price:£54.99 (that’s around $77.83)

US Price $52.99

Cheeky.

I thought Amazon US might work out cheaper even with the delivery charge, but it totals at $79.08 with tax.

Decisions decisions. :p 

Edit: Preordered from Amazon US for delivery to US Stackry proxy address for $52.99. (No delivery charge for US portion of journey.) Reckon that even with the international delivery charge it will work out cheaper than UK Hasbro Pulse’s offering or There may be a customs charge but I’d rather take a chance than get it forced on me directly by the sellers! Little rascals.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

someone should make a poll on "selling mirage, selling grimlock, love both, not buying"...
    I said Cookies'n'Creamlock elsewhere, but...
    IceCreamlock
    GrimChalk
    GrimChoc(olate)
    *shrug* Looking at it just makes me think either dust/ dirt or dessert.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Well, Grimlock turned out terrible.

I’d happily by almost anything from the Dinobot mold given the great robot mode and I love the original BW Grimlock design.

Absolutely hate how this turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I see what you did there. Well played.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Raze134

Raze134 Well-Known Member

Mirage is even better than I expected! I\'m starting to think I need to pass on my siege figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    It would be required to come with Armada Grimlock.
    Grimlock - Transformers Toys - TFW2005

17. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm 100% in for Grimlock and 100% out for Mirage. I guess I'll pass.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Is Grimlock trying to hide from Cruella?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

Will there be a single packaged Mirage without that cheap and ugly Chinese knockoff they try to pass off as Grimlock?

20. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody figured out yet if Mirage's cannon mounts on his shoulder? Because if not, it's kind of a deal breaker for me as the siege one's robot mode would be more accurate.